Roll Call...

Old Oct 7th 2019, 11:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call...

Originally Posted by comet555
I just want to know when “brian.w” will turn up again. He always gave me some good laughs!
I'd like to know what happened to brian w. I can't remember how things stood just before he stopped posting, whether he'd found a job here or had returned to Blighty. There were lots of hair-pulling conversations! Hope he's doing ok.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 11:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clacfart
Hey people of BE. I was coming on here to see whose about, how everyone is. I’ve been a bit absent from here for a while. Settling in SA fantastically. Absolutely love it here, work is going well, I even got a promotion. Baby clacfart is due in just 10 weeks (yay). Clearly Australia has done me the world of good as I had many, many miscarriages beforehand re leaving the uk.... as soon as I got pregnant here, one stuck!!

hope everyone one is going okay. It’s nice to pop on and give back to the forum after I was helped so much on my journey. I still do as advised to me last year, explore one new place every few weeks... that’s going really well for us
Hello Clacfart, congratulations on the bub! Really good to hear, and also that you're settling into SA so well. You and your husband have been through a lot, it's great to see things working out for you.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 10:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you were on the 'it's happening' side of the climate change argument, come back, you can say 'I told you so!'

You were before my time here, but nice seeing you anyway
It was on the "It's happening" side and the row I had then (just checked, it was in 2010) was the first time of many I've had on the subject in the decade since. Can't say it brings back happy memories and I have no great desire to re-live them. This forum (or at least this bit of it that I'm familiar with) has always seemed disproportionately right wing and since climate change denial is now completely tied up with right wing politics and late stage capitalism those making the argument against can make more noise here.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 11:18 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Hutch
It was on the "It's happening" side and the row I had then (just checked, it was in 2010) was the first time of many I've had on the subject in the decade since. Can't say it brings back happy memories and I have no great desire to re-live them. This forum (or at least this bit of it that I'm familiar with) has always seemed disproportionately right wing and since climate change denial is now completely tied up with right wing politics and late stage capitalism those making the argument against can make more noise here.
Understood. Hope to see you around a bit more anyway, if not here then on another sub-forum
Old Nov 3rd 2019, 11:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

With many posters on this thread returning to the fold, albeit briefly, I think I should put this link on for those who remember him.

Farewell to Dtox
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I've just popped back on.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 12:15 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Been a while for me. Some familiar and not so familiar faces. Hope everyone keeping well.

Old Nov 8th 2019, 2:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Been a while for me. Some familiar and not so familiar faces. Hope everyone keeping well.
I’m not, I could do with a really good dump.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 2:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by northernbird
Miss you! Last time I 'saw' you here I think I'd made the move to the UK. Back in Oz now, and ended up north of the river again
Old Nov 25th 2019, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Good lord, this place really has died a death, hasn't it?

ironically i was dropping by to warm the account back up as we are ping-ponging back to Perth in the new year, guess I will have to make real friends......
Old Dec 7th 2020, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, hello, hello?
Old Dec 7th 2020, 10:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

You rang?
Old Dec 8th 2020, 6:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Hello, hello, hello?
Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
You rang?
Where's ya been?
Old Dec 10th 2020, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I was way more active on this site when we had just arrived here in 2003. Glad it's still going. It had some pretty heated discussions back then, and certainly a few trolls that were just out for a niggle. Lots of great info though if you can filter out the noise