British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Roll Call... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/roll-call-926154/)

spouse of scouse Oct 7th 2019 11:14 am

Re: Roll Call...

Originally Posted by comet555 (Post 12744602)
I just want to know when “brian.w” will turn up again. He always gave me some good laughs!

I'd like to know what happened to brian w. I can't remember how things stood just before he stopped posting, whether he'd found a job here or had returned to Blighty. There were lots of hair-pulling conversations! Hope he's doing ok.

spouse of scouse Oct 7th 2019 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Clacfart (Post 12744837)
Hey people of BE. I was coming on here to see whose about, how everyone is. I’ve been a bit absent from here for a while. Settling in SA fantastically. Absolutely love it here, work is going well, I even got a promotion. Baby clacfart is due in just 10 weeks (yay). Clearly Australia has done me the world of good as I had many, many miscarriages beforehand re leaving the uk.... as soon as I got pregnant here, one stuck!! :)

hope everyone one is going okay. It’s nice to pop on and give back to the forum after I was helped so much on my journey. I still do as advised to me last year, explore one new place every few weeks... that’s going really well for us :)

Hello Clacfart, congratulations on the bub! Really good to hear, and also that you're settling into SA so well. You and your husband have been through a lot, it's great to see things working out for you.

Hutch Oct 12th 2019 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12741761)
If you were on the 'it's happening' side of the climate change argument, come back, you can say 'I told you so!' :teeth_smile:

You were before my time here, but nice seeing you anyway :thumbup:

It was on the "It's happening" side and the row I had then (just checked, it was in 2010) was the first time of many I've had on the subject in the decade since. Can't say it brings back happy memories and I have no great desire to re-live them. This forum (or at least this bit of it that I'm familiar with) has always seemed disproportionately right wing and since climate change denial is now completely tied up with right wing politics and late stage capitalism those making the argument against can make more noise here.

spouse of scouse Oct 12th 2019 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch (Post 12747477)
It was on the "It's happening" side and the row I had then (just checked, it was in 2010) was the first time of many I've had on the subject in the decade since. Can't say it brings back happy memories and I have no great desire to re-live them. This forum (or at least this bit of it that I'm familiar with) has always seemed disproportionately right wing and since climate change denial is now completely tied up with right wing politics and late stage capitalism those making the argument against can make more noise here.

Understood. Hope to see you around a bit more anyway, if not here then on another sub-forum :thumbup:

Pollyana Nov 3rd 2019 11:38 am

With many posters on this thread returning to the fold, albeit briefly, I think I should put this link on for those who remember him.

Farewell to Dtox

RenShen Nov 7th 2019 3:20 am

I've just popped back on.

northernbird Nov 7th 2019 12:15 pm

Been a while for me. Some familiar and not so familiar faces. Hope everyone keeping well.

DeadVim Nov 8th 2019 2:16 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 12760173)
Been a while for me. Some familiar and not so familiar faces. Hope everyone keeping well.

I’m not, I could do with a really good dump.

spouse of scouse Nov 8th 2019 2:25 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 12760173)

Miss you! Last time I 'saw' you here I think I'd made the move to the UK. Back in Oz now, and ended up north of the river again :D

boom_meringue Nov 25th 2019 11:29 am

Good lord, this place really has died a death, hasn't it?

ironically i was dropping by to warm the account back up as we are ping-ponging back to Perth in the new year, guess I will have to make real friends......

Alfresco Dec 7th 2020 7:56 pm

Hello, hello, hello?

Buzzy--Bee Dec 7th 2020 10:45 pm

You rang?

old.sparkles Dec 8th 2020 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 12943800)
Hello, hello, hello?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 12943860)
You rang?

Where's ya been?

dracupg Dec 10th 2020 10:46 pm

I was way more active on this site when we had just arrived here in 2003. Glad it's still going. It had some pretty heated discussions back then, and certainly a few trolls that were just out for a niggle. Lots of great info though if you can filter out the noise :lol: