Roll Call...

Old Jul 18th 2019, 7:16 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call...

You're taking this all very seriously, Gordon.
Old Jul 18th 2019, 11:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky.
You're taking this all very seriously, Gordon.
Gordon probably is a pseudonym. He's really Gary Johnson and lives in Leeds.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Look in every now and again but don't normally post. I must say that it is good to see so many of the old crowd posting once again.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 9:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Ah well, I'm not going to argue with an aggressive Super Moderator with discretionary power to censor me for not toeing the official line. Not worth it. Good luck with the thread.
How is me stating my opinion aggressive but you calling us names not? Why on earth do you think I would use my supposed discretionary powers to censor a poster just because they have a differing opinion to mine?
Old Jul 20th 2019, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of Facebook keeping people honest via less hiding.
I find though more and more peole are leaving FB in droves or keeping off it apart from emergencies or to use it to keep up to date with old friends or monitoring notifications from closed groups. I've noticed also more and more people who do not have accounts at all and they often seem to have very healthy attitudes to life.
All the Dads I know have not posted in 3 years or so. A definite flight.
Prefer forums as you can get better discourse and advise on say that fishing rod or new ski.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 6:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Facebook is that much better at "keeping people honest". I don't use my real name on there either. The people who I know and care enough for to be on my page know my FB name. Anyone else doesn't need to see what little I post. Including my employer or perspective employers.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 7:18 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I use Facebook and forums for very different purposes.

My FB is tied down tightly, my friends really are friends, they know where I live. I am a member of very few groups and leave them when they're no longer useful (e.g., just moved to Seattle - joined a few local pages, left some when I realised they were not helpful or were full of FWs). In groups I am careful what personal information I divulge; though membership is restricted, it's easy to answer the qualifying questions and most of them are still strangers.

On open forums such as this I'm very careful about what personal information I divulge. I've met four current posters (who became friends in the real world), I may feel like I know a few more of you from years of reading your stories, but there are many thousands of people I wouldn't know from a bar of soap, and you're not all who or what you say you are. I'm honest, WYSIWYG, but you'll never know my address. That's just common sense.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 10:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I swing by extremely rarely. Sometimes I'll read something and I'll remember one of the many stand-up rows I had here, including the one about climate change with one of the Super Moderators that lead me to quit the forum, and I'll drop by and see what's going on. Seems like it's on its last legs, judging by the sporadic posting.

I think one of the central problems with this forum is that most of the people using it are not expats in the traditional sense, but simply migrants, seeking a new (and hopefully better) life away from the United Kingdom. And it seems to me that the people that prospered in their adopted countries were the ones who knew they were migrants and lost the 'expat' mentality pretty soon after making the leap. I certainly never saw myself as an expat and never sought to cling to the company of other Brits here. So once I was settled here (and it's been 14 years now) I realised my world view was at odds with the whole basis of this forum and with the world view of many of the regular posters here. Anyway - just my 10 cents - I'll **** off back into the wider Internet now. As you were.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I swing by extremely rarely. Sometimes I'll read something and I'll remember one of the many stand-up rows I had here, including the one about climate change with one of the Super Moderators that lead me to quit the forum, and I'll drop by and see what's going on. Seems like it's on its last legs, judging by the sporadic posting.

I think one of the central problems with this forum is that most of the people using it are not expats in the traditional sense, but simply migrants, seeking a new (and hopefully better) life away from the United Kingdom. And it seems to me that the people that prospered in their adopted countries were the ones who knew they were migrants and lost the 'expat' mentality pretty soon after making the leap. I certainly never saw myself as an expat and never sought to cling to the company of other Brits here. So once I was settled here (and it's been 14 years now) I realised my world view was at odds with the whole basis of this forum and with the world view of many of the regular posters here. Anyway - just my 10 cents - I'll **** off back into the wider Internet now. As you were.
If you were on the 'it's happening' side of the climate change argument, come back, you can say 'I told you so!'

You were before my time here, but nice seeing you anyway
Old Sep 29th 2019, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

Welcome back. Stick around a while and maybe you'll entice a few more back.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you were on the 'it's happening' side of the climate change argument, come back, you can say 'I told you so!'

You were before my time here, but nice seeing you anyway
The poster is encouraged to come back, irrespective of his/her views on climate and what others think about that. Good gosh.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 30th 2019 at 6:03 am. Reason: Quotes
Old Sep 30th 2019, 4:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my wordy yes indeedy.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:16 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I just want to know when “brian.w” will turn up again. He always gave me some good laughs!
Old Oct 7th 2019, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Hey people of BE. I was coming on here to see whose about, how everyone is. I’ve been a bit absent from here for a while. Settling in SA fantastically. Absolutely love it here, work is going well, I even got a promotion. Baby clacfart is due in just 10 weeks (yay). Clearly Australia has done me the world of good as I had many, many miscarriages beforehand re leaving the uk.... as soon as I got pregnant here, one stuck!!

hope everyone one is going okay. It’s nice to pop on and give back to the forum after I was helped so much on my journey. I still do as advised to me last year, explore one new place every few weeks... that’s going really well for us
Old Oct 7th 2019, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clacfart
Hey people of BE. I was coming on here to see whose about, how everyone is. I’ve been a bit absent from here for a while. Settling in SA fantastically. Absolutely love it here, work is going well, I even got a promotion. Baby clacfart is due in just 10 weeks (yay). Clearly Australia has done me the world of good as I had many, many miscarriages beforehand re leaving the uk.... as soon as I got pregnant here, one stuck!!

hope everyone one is going okay. It’s nice to pop on and give back to the forum after I was helped so much on my journey. I still do as advised to me last year, explore one new place every few weeks... that’s going really well for us
Congratulations. Hope baby Clacfarts arrival goes well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.