Roll Call...

Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Call...

Originally Posted by carcajou
Yep . . . some posters whinging loudly in this thread, far from being helplessly above the fray - actually have long histories of being happy to instigate, engage in, and stir up "crap."

Case in point. The many posts by members giving their identical reasons why they don't post anymore are all dismissed as whinging.

Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Fair point, but there are a couple of people on here guilty of both. TIO posts at least start out knowing it'll end in a row .
True that
Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Case in point. The many posts by members giving their identical reasons why they don't post anymore are all dismissed as whinging.
Maybe you need to re-read? Far from dismissing, I was pointing out the hypocrisy.

I have no interest in stoushing with you tonight. I've said my piece and people will take from it what they will.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 12:37 pm
Concierge

Maybe you need to re-read? Far from dismissing, I was pointing out the hypocrisy.

I have no interest in stoushing with you tonight. I've said my piece and people will take from it what they will.
Case in point. Posts by members giving their identical reasons why they don't post anymore are identified as whinging, and the authors of being hypocrites.

See, debating a point politely is easy
Old Jul 8th 2019, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

A variety of many different reasons have been given, of which irritation with other posters is just one. Other reasons have included thread drift, busy with kids, unease with politics, and so on. Those people deserve to be heard, even if their opinion disagrees with yours.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 4:51 pm
Concierge

A variety of many different reasons have been given, of which irritation with other posters is just one. Other reasons have included thread drift, busy with kids, unease with politics, and so on. Those people deserve to be heard, even if their opinion disagrees with yours.
Old Jul 9th 2019, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Still here Alf - just

Same old. Finished my MBA a while back and still working in mining electrical project engineering - with things really picking up in the industry and we are looking at a few good years ahead. Also trying to turn a, challenging, teenage boy into a man. We're on track but, boy, it's hard work! All good at the moment really

Hope everything is well with you
Ayup geeze, back in the mining game myself too, managed to introduce myself by telling the client that all their mechanical gear is built incorrectly haha. Hope you're well
Old Jul 10th 2019, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
...The Mods do read other forums and attempts have been made to bring the Barbie back in line with other chatty forums like the Maple Leaf. It has even been suggested by Mods over the years that the main offenders in the barbie should be banned in the interests of saving the forum.
Well, you would think they'd read other forums, but there's no evidence of it. What is it that the Maple Leaf mods are doing right, then?

As for banning, I'm dead against it. Free speech is too important a quality to ban posters, when they can easily be put on Ignore Lists. (I have about a dozen on my List, and my blood pressure is much lower than it used to be!) As you'd expect, I'm not crazy about allowing fake identities - especially for mods - but I guess it's a hallowed custom by now. Sigh...
Old Jul 10th 2019, 2:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Well, you would think they'd read other forums, but there's no evidence of it. What is it that the Maple Leaf mods are doing right, then?

As for banning, I'm dead against it. Free speech is too important a quality to ban posters, when they can easily be put on Ignore Lists. (I have about a dozen on my List, and my blood pressure is much lower than it used to be!) As you'd expect, I'm not crazy about allowing fake identities - especially for mods - but I guess it's a hallowed custom by now. Sigh...
What are you on about? Mods having fake identities? You would know this how?
Old Jul 10th 2019, 5:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ayup geeze, back in the mining game myself too, managed to introduce myself by telling the client that all their mechanical gear is built incorrectly haha. Hope you're well
And i hope you can earn some good candy fixing it for 'em!

All well here
Old Jul 10th 2019, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And i hope you can earn some good candy fixing it for 'em!

All well here
It was touch and go whether they were going to sweep it under the carpet and get rid of me for a while . The money's not what it was, but 2 on, 2 off, splendid roster 👍👍
Old Jul 12th 2019, 5:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It was touch and go whether they were going to sweep it under the carpet and get rid of me for a while . The money's not what it was, but 2 on, 2 off, splendid roster � ����� ����
Sounds good. I was recently looking at a gig with BHPIO at Port Hedland for their car-dumper upgrade. Really good rate, shit tons of hours and a 8/6 (days) roster with every weekend at home - and Qantas scheduled flights with plenty of QFF miles. Interesting and challenging project too. Unfortunately, it fell through at the last minute - I was gutted
Old Jul 13th 2019, 3:36 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I still pop in sometimes.

Weirdly I probably see more people in person reguarly from BE 12 years ago now than I talk to BE peeps in cyberspace. Still keep up in person frequently with RobnHelen, Millsyandthetroop, Midaho, Johnsyweb, Thribble, LJJ, Mike-S, see Badgeisback, Wongstonn and furkew once in a blue moon, RobnHelen's daughter even now coaches my kids netball team.

I miss the times on here around 2006 - 8.
Old Jul 14th 2019, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I still pop in sometimes.

Weirdly I probably see more people in person reguarly from BE 12 years ago now than I talk to BE peeps in cyberspace. Still keep up in person frequently with RobnHelen, Millsyandthetroop, Midaho, Johnsyweb, Thribble, LJJ, Mike-S, see Badgeisback, Wongstonn and furkew once in a blue moon, RobnHelen's daughter even now coaches my kids netball team.

I miss the times on here around 2006 - 8.
he he.
Hi mate! It has now been almost 5 years since I posted in anything like the quantity I did the 10 years prior...

not quite sure why AU and this forum has been the hot channel it always was. Most argumentative forum I have ever seen. And it seems from a distance that only about 5 posters contribute now. Best days were around 03-06, loads of people getting visas, pound still respectable and the wars peaked around 2010 then it all slowly declined from there.

I blame the pound and the house price rises. The people who can migrate wouldn't touch a forum like this now.

cheers
Old Jul 17th 2019, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

As a long-ago emigrant Australian, I see it as a pity that this Barbie forum has wasted away. It would probably only take four or five of us to put it back on the track, with a bit of effort and if the mods would cooperate with us. What do you reckon?

I left Oz in 1963 to see the world, and made homes in several overseas places, as time went on. People often ask why I didn't find the country nice enough to return, but that wasn't a fair question. It's a fine place, and I enjoyed my first 23 years there. But circumstances just led me elsewhere. I even married an Aussie girl I met at a Greek Youth Hostel, but now we've both let our passports lapse. Our son stubbornly hangs onto his passport, but lives with his family in Norway, thanks to his British passport. Go figure, eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.