Rolf Harris

Old Jul 2nd 2014, 11:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Based on what has been reported the evidence left me sceptical. However, you have to accept that a Jury who deliberated for so long considered all of the evidence and came to the right conclusion. Whatever you feel about the evidence, it has to be said Rolf was leading a very sleazy life cheating on his wife with his daughter's friends so even if you believe some of the relationships were consensual it can't be denied that Rolf put himself in a very morally questionable position. He reaped what he sewed.

One thing that I will say though is that nailing these minor celebrities is merely a way for the authorities to make the public believe something genuine is being done to prevent those in positions of authority abusing their power. The real people who should face justice are those in government, the house of lords and the higher echelons of business. The people who Savile acquired abuse victims for. Minor celebrities are the public face of this, yet the true public enemies have not yet shown their face.
I was mainly commenting on Saville because of the image posted. Don't get me wrong; all 3 guilty, get all they deserve, I'm not deflecting; I'm just saying for example that the BBC and the hospitals Saville volunteered to work at were complicit in not investigating complaints and rumours more thoroughly because of his star status.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I was mainly commenting on Saville because of the image posted. Don't get me wrong; all 3 guilty, get all they deserve, I'm not deflecting; I'm just saying for example that the BBC and the hospitals Saville volunteered to work at were complicit in not investigating complaints and rumours more thoroughly because of his star status.
I think there is a massive cover up, from Parliment the BBC the Police MI5, and maybe others, one day one person just may blow it all open.

It needs a Hillsborough type enquiry, I believe there are currently others from the same era with strong links to Savile, including some current MP's.

A certain ex PM has no end of links of paedofile connections.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:46 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to consider, is it really fair to Judge someone in 2014 using current Morals and standards, something that happened in the 60's when back then things were so different ?

The 2014 judgement may be a long custodial sentence, however if he had been in court in 1971 for the same offence he might have got a good behaviour bond and a fine.

He definitely did the wrong thing, but I believe his sentence should be consistent with the era in which he committed each crime.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 3:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Another thing to consider, is it really fair to Judge someone in 2014 using current Morals and standards, something that happened in the 60's when back then things were so different ?

The 2014 judgement may be a long custodial sentence, however if he had been in court in 1971 for the same offence he might have got a good behaviour bond and a fine.

He definitely did the wrong thing, but I believe his sentence should be consistent with the era in which he committed each crime.
I believe the children that he assaulted have had no voice, no justice and no closure for 40 odd years, probably unable to live what most of us would consider a normal life. I think his sentence should reflect what he took away from them too
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

What was the typical punishment for this type of crime back then? I think it was relocation to a different parish.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting point.

It looks like he was charged under the Sexual Offences Act 1956 s 14.

"the law was amended over the years and the maximum sentence changes depending on when the offence was committed. The relevant periods are:

1 January 1957 – 31 December 1960: 2 years

1 January 1961 – 15 September 1985: 2 years or 5 years if victim under 13 and age stated on indictment

16 September 1985 onwards: 10 years"

Rolf Harris Guilty of twelve counts of indecent assault | UK Criminal Law Blog

So looks like it would still have been a custodial sentence but shorter.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666

A certain ex PM has no end of links of paedofile connections.

Yeah it was a Labour PM wasn't it? There will be a lot that gets covered up but it always comes out in the wash eventually.....

The victims deserve justice regardless of the era it happened.

There's no excuse for abuse, on any level.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 8:20 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an interesting snippet, not directly related to Rolf's case, but one which shows how things have changed over the last few decades.

Under the Sexual Offences Act 1956 ( The act, which was in force until 2003 ) states that it is a felony to have unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13.

That would suggest that over age 13 consensual sex was considered OK. Strange, but apparently true.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 8:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yeah it was a Labour PM wasn't it? There will be a lot that gets covered up .
no....it wasn't a labour PM.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
no....it wasn't a labour PM.

Oh right, maybe I was thinking about this carry on....

The Harriet Harman 'paedophilia' scandal is a disaster of Labour's own making – Telegraph Blogs

Which PM was it?
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right, maybe I was thinking about this carry on....

The Harriet Harman 'paedophilia' scandal is a disaster of Labour's own making – Telegraph Blogs

Which PM was it?
Margaret Thatcher.

Tory peer Leon Brittan defends himself over 'paedophile cover-up' | Metro News
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Which PM was it?
A minute or two on google will soon find you the answer
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
No......a bit before her
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grayling
No......a bit before her
Oh right, sorry for jumping in there.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

The bastards are everywhere aren't they!?

Grayling, I point blank refuse to type the 'P' word into my search engine. I'm afraid of what might come up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.