Rolf Harris

Old Jul 5th 2014, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yes it is utterly unforgivable.

How any civilised, decent human being would want to protect them, would be OK with the knowledge that they will eventually walk free to recommit after just a few years baffles me. I just cannot begin to understand this thought process.

I find it exceptionally difficult to digest that there are a lot of people in a supposed civilised society, like Britain for example, that want to protect and want to give anonymity to these revolting species.

The pain the victims, their family and friends suffer after the incident is horrendous, I can only imagine. But to be then told that he ( or she ) will be walking in the streets in just a few years is an absolute insult, a mockery to any kind of justice system that should be in place.

Given the chance they always re-offend, because apparently it's a 'mental condition' but yet there's no cure.
They deserve to die for their crimes. They deserve to never be among normally society again.
Children should come first always. But why aren't they? It makes me so angry.

The Ian Watkins case was the only one that I'm really aware of where some kind of justice was done, 35 years he got. I have to say that case was truly sickening and I never read about all of it, as I just couldn't. But I read enough.

At the end of the day a paedophile is a paedophile and they all have the same 'goal' they should all be dealt the same consequence.
What strikes me about this whole topic is how common this whole problem is. Too many well known people. Just think about the numbers of unknown people. Surely this is an epidemic. An illness. An addiction. Should their be help centres, councilling available, etc for those with desires? Just punishing offenders with prison sentences hardly halts future problems.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
What strikes me about this whole topic is how common this whole problem is. Too many well known people. Just think about the numbers of unknown people. Surely this is an epidemic. An illness. An addiction. Should their be help centres, councilling available, etc for those with desires? Just punishing offenders with prison sentences hardly halts future problems.
Yes it does seem to be very widespread, and not new - think of all the Roman Emperors. Apparently Claudius was about the only one who preferred women to young boys.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is how they thought they could cure gayness wasn't it? Before anyone gets all pissed at me for comparing the two, the only parallel I'm drawing is that sexual desire isn't a choice, acting on it IS a choice. If your sexual desire is towards children, then do the world a favour and top yourself
Old Jul 5th 2014, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes it does seem to be very widespread, and not new - think of all the Roman Emperors. Apparently Claudius was about the only one who preferred women to young boys.
Does that somehow give these people some sort of justification? You're seriously not saying that are you?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I think what's happened is 6000's years or more depending when proper civilisation is first thought to have started, worth of unspoken problem is being turned around in less than 35 years.

I think sociologists say dramatic inherited systemic behavioural change takes 3 generations or 90 years to modify..

Take the Pitcairn Island people for instance, that seemingly illustrates what happens when mankind is left to its own devices away from the outside world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcairn_sexual_assault_trial_of_2004

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 6th 2014 at 12:04 am.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:15 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

The age of consent has been much lower in our own history. It is usually raised where people live longer, become more educated and women's rights achieve more importance. I don't think that it's desirable that 13-year-olds should marry, but I also don't think it's the cataclysmic disaster you are implying. Where it is the norm, the participants may well be happy with it themselves.
They may accept it because it's the cultural norm, but I doubt the majority like it.
13 year olds are not ready to be wives and mothers no matter where they are from.

Last edited by Kapri; Jul 6th 2014 at 12:16 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:18 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
This is how they thought they could cure gayness wasn't it? Before anyone gets all pissed at me for comparing the two, the only parallel I'm drawing is that sexual desire isn't a choice, acting on it IS a choice. If your sexual desire is towards children, then do the world a favour and top yourself
This is exactly right Steve.

I've always said that. Nobody can help it if something makes them feel sexually aroused, but they can choose whether or not to act on it.

Personally, I don't give a toss what two consenting adults choose to do in private, even if it's something I personally find revolting.

But leave kids out of it and let them grow up to develop their own preferences rather than have others preferences forced on them from a young age.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah It's more common than people realise, an ex CID neighbour of mine once informed me. He said they are rife and that's just the ones they have tags on, and like you said, just imagine how many there are that we don't know about it.

Personally I don't for one minute believe paedophilier is an illness, an addiction maybe but illness is not the right word to use I don't think. To me that's giving them an excuse for doing what they do. However there are people who would like to believe it was an illness, maybe to try and justify their actions, I don't know.

I think paedophiles are produced through circumstances. I think there are lots of different parts that play in their lives that eventually makes them the way they are. Owing to the fact the different circumstances they each occur, different types of paedophiles are produced.

Admittedly there are some out there who you can just see are totally mentally retarded but most that make it to the major news all appear to be smart and incredibly calculating.

A good point you make there about halting the problem - scientists have been working on the brains of paedophiles to try and understand how they work, in order to prevent them abusing and apparently their IQ's are supposed to be between 10 and 15 points lower than an average man but I don't buy that. I'm a big fan of science but I just don't believe some of these latest findings.
Just because someone has written a paper on this doesn't necessarily mean it's true does it?

What I do know though is they are a huge danger to children. Right now. Today. Tonight. And lenient sentences aren't exactly going to deter any paedophiles in the making. They need to be made an example of.

Anyway, I find the whole thing extremely frustrating and I have signed many a petition in my time about it, but nothing ever gets done. It's sickening.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Does that somehow give these people some sort of justification? You're seriously not saying that are you?
Why do you try and manipulate what people say?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah that ain't going to happen, so in order to protect the victims, after all they are the most important ones here, prevention is better than throwing a weak jail sentence as punishment.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:22 am
Account Closed

Yeah that ain't going to happen, so in order to protect the victims, after all they are the most important ones here, prevention is better than throwing a weak jail sentence as punishment.
So how are we going to prevent someone getting a specific sexual urge? Be opening up a huge can of worms if they were able to 'cure' paedophiles, afterall it is simply a sexual preference. A bullet to the head or a keyless jail cell are the only cures.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

No.

But I think these cases highlight the numbers involved.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Thanks.
I didn't manipulate it at all, she made a statement, I asked if she meant what I thought she meant. That's called getting clarification, not manipulation. In any case these forums thrive on manipulating what people say to ones own ends isn't that right Sally?

The fact of the matter is, that it's obviously rife, and there needs to be a sweeping change to the way these sick ****s are dealt with. It doesnt require new age thinking, and it doesn't require any tolerance. I know what childhood abuse does to someone in adult life, and if there were one unforgiveable sin, this would be it.

I don't care what culture you're from, what's wrong is wrong (if i'm an animal for thinking like this then so be it, who cares), and for those who think it should be perfectly acceptable for a 60 y/o man (although the age is lrrelevant) to engage in sex acts with a 14 year old girl, I would ask if your mind would be changed if that 14 year old girl was your own daughter?

14 year old girls may act up, and be precocious little mares who think they're 21, but in the privacy of their own room, most are more likely to be caught playing with dolls than anything else, and THAT is when you can truly gauge someones 'maturity'.

What it requires, is the utmost harshness, death penalty in my view, life in an institution for those that come forward before any abuse happens. For alot of these victims, they have been robbed of the chance to a normal life, the act itself is just the beginning, and to be honest I find some of the arguments on here extremely distasteful.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 6th 2014 at 2:49 am.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yeah It's more common than people realise, an ex CID neighbour of mine once informed me. He said they are rife and that's just the ones they have tags on, and like you said, just imagine how many there are that we don't know about it.

Personally I don't for one minute believe paedophilier is an illness, an addiction maybe but illness is not the right word to use I don't think. To me that's giving them an excuse for doing what they do. However there are people who would like to believe it was an illness, maybe to try and justify their actions, I don't know.

I think paedophiles are produced through circumstances. I think there are lots of different parts that play in their lives that eventually makes them the way they are. Owing to the fact the different circumstances they each occur, different types of paedophiles are produced.

Admittedly there are some out there who you can just see are totally mentally retarded but most that make it to the major news all appear to be smart and incredibly calculating.

A good point you make there about halting the problem - scientists have been working on the brains of paedophiles to try and understand how they work, in order to prevent them abusing and apparently their IQ's are supposed to be between 10 and 15 points lower than an average man but I don't buy that. I'm a big fan of science but I just don't believe some of these latest findings.
Just because someone has written a paper on this doesn't necessarily mean it's true does it?

What I do know though is they are a huge danger to children. Right now. Today. Tonight. And lenient sentences aren't exactly going to deter any paedophiles in the making. They need to be made an example of.

Anyway, I find the whole thing extremely frustrating and I have signed many a petition in my time about it, but nothing ever gets done. It's sickening.
A psychological condition maybe?
Many people have addiction, dependencies, conditions, which lie dormant and which they can usually control. If under stress, extra pressure, etc that addiction - that need - surfaces and they find that they just don't have the mental syrength to control it. That need can in some cases be a need to find comfort in some kind of sex act, not necessarily a legal one.

I'm not saying this is or is not the case with Harris or Hall or any of the others, but it is a recognised psychological issue, and shows how complex the problem can be. Some men may act coldly and callously towards their young victims, and really do deserve punishment. Others are pschologically damaged for whatever reason and are more in need of help to control their urges, encouragement to stay away from places where they may fall prey to those urges.

Far more complex than just 'hang them from the rafters'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.