Rolf Harris

Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:06 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolf Harris

I find the whole concept of girls "asking for it" or "instigating it" very sad.

We are not talking about adult women here. We are talking about vulnerable youngsters.

Some feel pressured, some have experienced sexual abuse at home, some are out of their depth - wanting to be the sexually attractive adult but not quite there emotionally.

As a teen, I was in love with various celebrities at various times. I never got to meet any of them and was happy to dream about them from afar.

What may have happened if I had met one? I may have pretended to be an all -knowing, mature young lady, when in fact I was still a child.

My point is that adult males should stick to adult females.

FWIW, I don't think Rolf Harris's crimes are on the same scale as Jimmy Savile's. From what I've read about Saville, I think he was probably a psychopath.

I also don't believe in the death penalty. I just want to see justice done and children and teens protected.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I find the whole concept of girls "asking for it" or "instigating it" very sad.

We are not talking about adult women here. We are talking about vulnerable youngsters.

Some feel pressured, some have experienced sexual abuse at home, some are out of their depth - wanting to be the sexually attractive adult but not quite there emotionally.

As a teen, I was in love with various celebrities at various times. I never got to meet any of them and was happy to dream about them from afar.

What may have happened if I had met one? I may have pretended to be an all -knowing, mature young lady, when in fact I was still a child.

My point is that adult males should stick to adult females.

FWIW, I don't think Rolf Harris's crimes are on the same scale as Jimmy Savile's. From what I've read about Saville, I think he was probably a psychopath.

I also don't believe in the death penalty. I just want to see justice done and children and teens protected.
Yep, but in the case of my mates sister, she never mentioned her age, and if asked she said she was 17. She consented, the man was none the wiser, and she was happy.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:41 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep, but in the case of my mates sister, she never mentioned her age, and if asked she said she was 17. She consented, the man was none the wiser, and she was happy.
There are always going to be exceptions.

But also common sense has to prevail.

Let's say this 15 year old tells someone she is 17. If the person she tells is 19 and he goes ahead thinking she is 17, then, provided she doesn't feel she has been pressured, it's unlikely the police would prosecute, even though technically he has broken the law.

Swap that 19 year old lad for a 40 year old bloke. Even if he pleads that he thought she was 17, he will still likely get prosecuted, and rightly so IMO.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 12:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith anyone?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 12:27 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith anyone?
Yep, she was 13, he was in his 40s.
I remember reading that she regretted what happened and indicated that these days it would be called grooming.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Je suis un rock star vs Twinky
Old Jul 8th 2014, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, she was 13, he was in his 40s.
I remember reading that she regretted what happened and indicated that these days it would be called grooming.
It happens in UK all the time as well with Travellers, its normal for them to be in relationships at 13/14 usually married sometimes as low 16/17, anyone older (22+) is usually considered a old maid, they are also encouraged to dress to reveal there bodies to attract men *not boys.

These two were going out for a out 3 years I think before so him 18/19 she 13 at the time, not saying any sex was involved as I don't know and I doubt they would tell the outside world, but even when she was 14 he was 20, this is not abnormal in gypsy culture in the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...lebration.html
Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

There are always going to be exceptions.

But also common sense has to prevail.

Let's say this 15 year old tells someone she is 17. If the person she tells is 19 and he goes ahead thinking she is 17, then, provided she doesn't feel she has been pressured, it's unlikely the police would prosecute, even though technically he has broken the law.

Swap that 19 year old lad for a 40 year old bloke. Even if he pleads that he thought she was 17, he will still likely get prosecuted, and rightly so IMO.
Why rightly so? Regarding the 40 year old, he believes he's acting within the law with the information he possesses at the time. His desire for what he believes to be legal is his desire - If you find that wrong then your call. Sounds like you believe there should be some type of age differencing restrictions here.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I never said that, show me where I said that, second time of asking !

I said I respect other countries cultures and beliefs.

You are a drama queen, in any of the posts I have spoken about I have in no way agreed with older men and younger child type girls, that does not mean that the age of consent cant be lowered for people of close ages.

The age of consent here in Spain was 13, its now 14, you used to be able to marry at 14 its now 16, I think that is about right, but I don't think it is right a older man is having sex with a child type girl, with consent or not, I think there should be a balance of how the consent is allowed, like in Germany

There is no international law or guidelines on the age of consent so you cant just say what you think is right and bugger everyone else.

You have twisted everything I have said to 40 and 60 yr olds, I have never said that is ok in my mind.

Sadly there are countries that will turn a blind eye to that, I also said that documentaries leading up to the world cup, rather than exposing underage sex, actually look like they are encouraging it. The girls in the films certainly are.

For the record this is my feelings to tell you, no one should ever feel under pressure to have sex, and whatever the age of consent does not automatically mean they should be having sex at that age.
mate if you don't have a problem with 12 yearold girls getting screwed in Mexico then I would suggest you don't have a problem with it full stop, now that may well be wrong, but you implied it. You can respect a foreign countrys culture only so far

Anyways, it's time for me to piss off I reckon, but a couple of passing thoughts.

Paedophilia isn't pot smoking, 'loads of people do it' isn't a valid reason not to imprison them.

and also just to ask again as it was roundly ignored the first time

With every paedophile that has been released from prison, monitored, tracked or whatever, we are taking a gamble with the safety of a child, perhaps more than one, perhaps yours or mine. Now does anyone disagree with this?

With time some of you may realise I'm not an extremist at all, I just want my, and your kids to grow up free from abuse and tether, it's always them that pay the price for their safety, and I think that should be reversed

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 8th 2014 at 2:10 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
mate if you don't have a problem with 12 yearold girls getting screwed in Mexico then I would suggest you don't have a problem with it full stop, now that may well be wrong, but you implied it. You can respect a foreign countrys culture only so far
Are you a ex copper ? They are the only people in the UK that refer to someone as 'mate' without knowing them, I think you have become a little too hysterical, seeing child abuse everywhere even when it isnĀ“t there.

I am not going to complain to Mexico about their age of consent no, if anyone should do that it should be UNICEF !

Personally I have already said I do not believe the age of consent should be under 14 so I do not advocate or imply anything under that age.

I thought I cleared that up already so now you have my view.

I also agree with Beoz's post above, if its legal its legal, you cant change it, does not mean I agree with it but I am not going to change it and I have no right too either.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:32 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1

Anyways, it's time for me to piss off I reckon, but a couple of passing thoughts.

Paedophilia isn't pot smoking, 'loads of people do it' isn't a valid reason not to imprison them.

and also just to ask again as it was roundly ignored the first time

With every paedophile that has been released from prison, monitored, tracked or whatever, we are taking a gamble with the safety of a child, perhaps more than one, perhaps yours or mine. Now does anyone disagree with this?

With time some of you may realise I'm not an extremist at all, I just want my, and your kids to grow up free from abuse and tether, it's always them that pay the price for their safety, and I think that should be reversed
Your views are not extreme, Steve - they're just different to a few people also posting on this thread.

It's good to see you're not allowing yourself to be bullied out of your opinions.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Im not sure what to make of this clip, did they know ? Or is it just rounding up kids for the show ?

Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Are you a ex copper ? They are the only people in the UK that refer to someone as 'mate' without knowing them,
That's not true: many people use the term "mate" in the UK. i.e. stranger hold a door open for you "thanks mate".
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by formula
That's not true: many people use the term "mate" in the UK. i.e. stranger hold a door open for you "thanks mate".
Not in the way he talks, called me a 'prick' earlier and now 'mate', hardly the same, somehow if he met me I doubt he would be holding a door open for me , lol
Old Jul 8th 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Your views are not extreme, Steve - they're just different to a few people also posting on this thread.

It's good to see you're not allowing yourself to be bullied out of your opinions.
Absolutely. Just because someone's views are of the minority in a group most certainly doesn't mean they are wrong. I admire people who stand up for what they believe in.

If only more people weren't afraid to speak out and say what they really wanted to say in controversial topics then maybe the world would be a better place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.