The road to freedom

Old Aug 21st 2021, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The road to freedom

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Freedom? Don't make me laugh.
Queensland's new sneaky update to the quarantine regulations - once you have served your 14 days imprisonment and are released, you then have to go straight home and stay there, not go back to work, not go and buy food, no, go home and stay there for another three days until you can get another test done.

This is further complicated by the fact that the only way to get a test done is to drive by private transport to a test centre. No use of public transport. As I have said in the past, I cannot be the only person in Queensland who does not drive!

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...vals-direction

It's OK Polly... The protests are just starting to ramp up in
Melbourne...Melbournes capable of putting out a 100000 protestors.. It may well come to that in Janauary. Next step will be the double vaccinated joining them.

The unions are having discussions here about how to handle this

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 21st 2021 at 10:15 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
South of the hipster proof fence here in Melbourne aka Bell Street it's predominantly Aussies youth. As in this lot... They have it as a badge of honour not to conform...There will be a few more of these this weekend. It's a pub where I regularly meet my mates... https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.c...-c-3704732.amp
I saw the other day they are looking at vaccinating from the 15 year olds up as they are the ones causing the issues.

Meanwhile, looking at the data coming out of Israel I am going to need a booster shot in about 2 months. That crappy Pfizer is not looking so good as the morons who refuse AstraZeneca would like to believe.

I need to do some more research but I am definately leaning towards trying to get a mixed bag of AZ and Pfizer going.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 1:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's OK Polly... The protests are just starting to ramp up in
Melbourne...Melbournes capable of putting out a 100000 protestors.. It may well come to that in Janauary. Next step will be the double vaccinated joining them.

The unions are having discussions here about how to handle this
While I don't really agree with those Melbourne protests, I understand where they're coming from

The fact that police are using 'non-lethal' rounds on the streets of an Australian city against their fellow citizens is deeply worrying - and is a road that this country does not want to go down and is only going to antagonise the situation

B&R Dan (the CCP shill) needs to tread very carefully going forward
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 3:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I saw the other day they are looking at vaccinating from the 15 year olds up as they are the ones causing the issues.

Meanwhile, looking at the data coming out of Israel I am going to need a booster shot in about 2 months. That crappy Pfizer is not looking so good as the morons who refuse AstraZeneca would like to believe.

I need to do some more research but I am definately leaning towards trying to get a mixed bag of AZ and Pfizer going.
I saw a report online (https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58270098) that suggests that double vaccinated people have enough protection to cope with COVID. And that having had COVID would then give you better protection than booster shots.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Aug 22nd 2021 at 3:39 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I saw a report online (https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58270098) that suggests that double vaccinated people have enough protection to cope with COVID. And that having had COVID would then give you better protection than booster shots.
We are all going to get it at some point. Just keep getting vaccinated and keep the symptoms as minimal as possible
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't understand some of this reasoning. Queensland today - "We had an infected taxi driver in Cairns. There were no other cases as a result of his infection. Therefore all taxis, rideshares and limousines in Queensland now have to have QR codes to prevent it happening again".
Prevent what happening again? A taxi driver not infecting anyone? God give me strength.
So now as well as juggling a walking stick, a mask that is hampering my breathing, and semi-functioning eyesight, I have to get out my phone again and open & complete another app before I can get in the already impatient uber. All in a dark street at 5am. Just so that they can prevent the reoccurence of a non-event?
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 10:45 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Prevent what happening again? A taxi driver not infecting anyone? God give me strength.
From what I understand the contract tracing of the taxi drivers was a bit difficult? Seems reasonable to me.

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 10:51 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Do moderna as well :P

Old Aug 22nd 2021, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mark McGowen is deluded. In playing his little game of elimination he has boxed him into a corner. Delta doesn't appear to work that way Mark and it looks like he's on his last legs. He is going to look like a big fool when finally, either through delta getting in, or the people having enough, he has to concede defeat.

God help West Australians if the Delta strain gets in. There doesn't seem to be much of a vaccination strategy and McGowen can't focus on anything other than zeros. Places might be doing their best to "crush and kill" (as McGowen would say) but it doesn't appear to be working.

Sooner of later everyone will admit defeat, even those places without Covid, and use vaccines to keep the hospitals from over loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, Ms Berejiklian gave the clearest sign yet the state has given up on any goal of getting Covid-19 case numbers back down to zero.

When asked directly if the state could still reach zero, the Premier said eliminating the Delta variant was “near impossible”.

“We have to learn to live with it. But the best chance we have to live with it freely and safely is to get the case numbers down as low as possible.”

However, Mr McGowan disagrees, saying the eastern state needs to focus on suppressing the virus “with a vengeance” and that NSW is “letting down the entire country”.

“What’s happened in NSW is obviously tragic and very difficult for the people there, but there’s an Australia outside of NSW and we’re all doing our best to keep the virus out and we’re following the national plan.”

Mr McGowan claimed the virus was effectively under control in the rest of the country, despite fears for a growing outbreak in Victoria and in Canberra.

“We’re all doing our best to keep the virus out … we’re all pretty much now covid-free.

“Victoria is doing every thing it can to crush and kill this virus using measures that have been proven to work.

“The ACT is doing every thing it can to crush and kill this virus. New Zealand is doing every thing it can to crush and kill this virus.

“It’s only NSW that is not, they’re letting down the entire country.

“It is very, very, debilitating for every one else trying to do the right thing.”

Last edited by Beoz; Aug 23rd 2021 at 12:00 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 6:02 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...uWACrI6Vk0Pd9s

Just read this, one may hope right 🤞
Old Aug 24th 2021, 2:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Mark McGowen is deluded. In playing his little game of elimination he has boxed him into a corner. Delta doesn't appear to work that way Mark and it looks like he's on his last legs. He is going to look like a big fool when finally, either through delta getting in, or the people having enough, he has to concede defeat.

God help West Australians if the Delta strain gets in. There doesn't seem to be much of a vaccination strategy and McGowen can't focus on anything other than zeros. Places might be doing their best to "crush and kill" (as McGowen would say) but it doesn't appear to be working.

Sooner of later everyone will admit defeat, even those places without Covid, and use vaccines to keep the hospitals from over loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, Ms Berejiklian gave the clearest sign yet the state has given up on any goal of getting Covid-19 case numbers back down to zero.

When asked directly if the state could still reach zero, the Premier said eliminating the Delta variant was “near impossible”.

“We have to learn to live with it. But the best chance we have to live with it freely and safely is to get the case numbers down as low as possible.”

However, Mr McGowan disagrees, saying the eastern state needs to focus on suppressing the virus “with a vengeance” and that NSW is “letting down the entire country”.

“What’s happened in NSW is obviously tragic and very difficult for the people there, but there’s an Australia outside of NSW and we’re all doing our best to keep the virus out and we’re following the national plan.”

Mr McGowan claimed the virus was effectively under control in the rest of the country, despite fears for a growing outbreak in Victoria and in Canberra.

“We’re all doing our best to keep the virus out … we’re all pretty much now covid-free.

“Victoria is doing every thing it can to crush and kill this virus using measures that have been proven to work.

“The ACT is doing every thing it can to crush and kill this virus. New Zealand is doing every thing it can to crush and kill this virus.

“It’s only NSW that is not, they’re letting down the entire country.

“It is very, very, debilitating for every one else trying to do the right thing.”

I'll just repeat than I'm no fan of McGowan, didn't vote for him and don't agree with his kung flu strategy. However, WA's vaccine policy is basically the same as every other state - to vaccinate everyone over 16 who wants a vaccination as quickly as possible, and looking at the national vaccination numbers this morning you can see this. Nationally about 30% of us have had both jabs with WA at just over 27% - which in the big scheme of things is nothing. The Guardian has a great resource that shows every state getting to 80% within a few weeks of each other in November (Qld may take a bit longer). Whether that happens remains to be seen but the trend is on track. That's it basically it so anything else is in your head only I'm afraid.

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 24th 2021 at 2:05 am.
Old Aug 24th 2021, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'll just repeat than I'm no fan of McGowan, didn't vote for him and don't agree with his kung flu strategy. However, WA's vaccine policy is basically the same as every other state - to vaccinate everyone over 16 who wants a vaccination as quickly as possible, and looking at the national vaccination numbers this morning you can see this. Nationally about 30% of us have had both jabs with WA at just over 27% - which in the big scheme of things is nothing. The Guardian has a great resource that shows every state getting to 80% within a few weeks of each other in November (Qld may take a bit longer). Whether that happens remains to be seen but the trend is on track. That's it basically it so anything else is in your head only I'm afraid.
On first dose WA will be sometime mid Oct. (Without an outbreak). I reckon that may push out further. You could get there quicker with an outbreak but without one, people just won't feel the rush. From there who know. Plenty don't turn up for their second in other parts of the world with greater Covid numbers

In contrast NSW will get to 70% first dose in about 1 week and if it can keep the high case numbers going NSW should be 70% fully vaxxed by end of Sept.

In the grand scheme of things we will end up seeing the winner and loser on the vaccine race about 2 months apart.

The problem with the Guardian, ABC, SMH vaccine forecast tools is their growth is linear and they don't take into account exponential growth of vaccine uptake from an outbreak, or vaccination laziness from zeros.

Either way, WA will be living under the blankets for a long time. The best thing that could happen to WA is an outbreak, scare the pants off people, and question McGowan's strategy, whatever that is.

Qld will have to come out from under the blanket. Their economy relies on it. They won't have a choice.

Old Aug 24th 2021, 6:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say Beoz, for someone whose own state has more than enough problems of its own you seem to be very focused on WA.

We're fine thanks, our experience of covid to date has been minimally disruptive. If/when we have another outbreak, our Premier will do what yours did - lockdown (although perhaps sooner than yours did). If the numbers get right up there as they have in NSW, then McGowan will probably have to face up to 'zero' being impossible, just as Berejiklian did.

It's not a competition you know
Old Aug 24th 2021, 7:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

I don't think that message has got through to any of the State Premiers.......
Old Aug 24th 2021, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have to say Beoz, for someone whose own state has more than enough problems of its own you seem to be very focused on WA.

We're fine thanks, our experience of covid to date has been minimally disruptive. If/when we have another outbreak, our Premier will do what yours did - lockdown (although perhaps sooner than yours did). If the numbers get right up there as they have in NSW, then McGowan will probably have to face up to 'zero' being impossible, just as Berejiklian did.

We can talk about the present if you like, but not much point really when it's clearly obvious what's happening today could be light years from what can happen tomorrow.

There is a national plan to get us all out of this and to declare you are fine today, would be pretty short sighted not to have one eye on tomorrow,

And to say your premier would lock it all down straight away is fine, but it's not what's in the plan once vaccination reach a point. Wouldn't you rather to minimise the lockdown risk earlier?

And with Delta, locking down straight away doesn't seem to have the same effect as it once did with previous strains. See Melbourne and New Zealand. So there was a very good chance an immediate lockdown would have had no effect in Sydney either.

Given Sydney has had great success in lockdown lite or lockdowns of areas, there was no reason not to try it again. Who would have known delta was different.

The question for WA is, how long will it shut itself off from the world in the pursuit of zeros? Or is that thought, best swept under the carpet for another time next year, or the year after?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.