The road to freedom

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The road to freedom

Originally Posted by abner
Oh, please.

The open-up-to-Covid-and-live-with-it crowd has been quite happy to use 'children as political props' as a tool to advocate for school-reopenings, despite teachers *still* not receiving priority access for vaccine allocation.

Children of whatever age are hopeless at consistently following social-distancing rules and mask-fitting obligations. Yet the open-up-to-Covid-and-live-with-it crowd expects teachers to embrace school re-opening, before they've had access to vaccines.
There's plenty of AstraZeneca. We are swimming in it. All teachers are above 18 and AZ is approved for their consumption. That excuse doesn't wash any more. Got another one?
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Self explanatory

https://www.smh.com.au/national/quee...03-p58ok3.html
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retirednow
Even if that's true, which I doubt is anything more than political spin, why inflict fear on your people? What, so you can say we did better than we thought and score political points? That's dishonourable and self serving at the expense of the happiness of your people.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Queensland is forecast to hit 80% about a week before this lagging the rest of the country, selfishly dragging everyone down. According to the national cabinet we can only enter Phase 3, when the whole country hits 80%.

Given there will be a lot of bogan vaccine hesitation in Queensland's that date sounds about right.
And slid through quietly while everyone was discussing the children......Queensland’s Chief Health Officer will retain her “extraordinary” powers to battle coronavirus for another eight months, including throwing cities into lockdown, directing people to quarantine, restricting gatherings, enforcing border closures and collecting confidential information for contact tracing.

The state government first granted Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young, who will become Queensland’s governor in November, boosted emergency powers to combat the pandemic in March 2020 and they have already been extended once.

The laws, passed on Thursday, will extend the Chief Health Officer’s powers until the end of April 2022.

It will also boost the number of deputy chief health officers, facilitate prepayment of quarantine fees, ensure personal information obtained via the Check In Qld app can only be used for contact tracing or related purposes and not by law enforcement, and move the Ekka public holiday to October 29 for Brisbane, Moreton Bay and the Scenic Rim.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/quee...02-p58o7x.html

facilitate prepayment of quarantine fees - they have clearly just woken up to the number of people claiming hardship, or simply just not paying. Best make sure you've got several grand up your sleeve before you leave Qld as you may need it on the way back. Pure speculation, but this may go hand in hand with one of APs comments when she shut the border completely - remarking that when the border does reopen people would have to book a hotel room before attempting to enter.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 4:56 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, I reckon I’m a glass half full person Abner 😊👍. And yes I have been living with Covid, Lockdowns, Curfews, not hugging my mum, being happy (imagine that) and very thankful that my FIL passed away before it all started, as well as knowing many people with deaths in their families and after effects and disabilities after having contracted Covid and recovered from it.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tum
Oh well, I reckon I’m a glass half full person Abner 😊👍. And yes I have been living with Covid, Lockdowns, Curfews, not hugging my mum, being happy (imagine that) and very thankful that my FIL passed away before it all started, as well as knowing many people with deaths in their families and after effects and disabilities after having contracted Covid and recovered from it.
As have we all.

But I'm not a fan of "she'll be right, mate", when it comes to the pandemic.

And I see nothing wrong, as a citizen and a parent, with a state premier calling for careful consideration of the potential impact of relaxing Covid-related restrictions, on a large, unvaccinated cohort of the population, namely those 0 - 15 years of age.

A.k.a. "children".
Old Sep 4th 2021, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

It's really quite interesting when you look at the completely polar opposite approaches between the Palette and Gladys.

Both are appealing to their voter base no doubt, which first and foremost says a lot about the differences between NSW and Qld but its amazing how the Palette has realised her best political weapon is striking fear into the voter base of Queensland.

Politically she probably has the approach correct, but morally its totally screwed up. Its mental abuse.
I am not part of her voter base yet I have the emotional intelligence to realise that this woman is doing an incredible job.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
I am not part of her voter base yet I have the emotional intelligence to realise that this woman is doing an incredible job.
And what other stance could she take, really?

Mark McGowan summed it up perfectly, regarding the feds, "Why are they on this mission to bring Covid into Western Australia, to infect our public?"

The Delta variant will inevitably pick off the remaining states, one by one, as infective idiots sneak through the state border restrictions. But woe betide any Premier who is seen to accelerate the disease-propagation process, by prematurely caving into pressure to "open the borders" from ScoMo, Gladys, and the Murdoch press.

Every week spent stemming the tide with continued border restrictions is a week spent incrementally increasing the double-dose vaccination rates, in all states. And now that ScoMo has finally gotten off his ass and negotiated significant extra Pfizer supply, each such week really counts.
Old Sep 4th 2021, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abner
As have we all.

But I'm not a fan of "she'll be right, mate", when it comes to the pandemic.

And I see nothing wrong, as a citizen and a parent, with a state premier calling for careful consideration of the potential impact of relaxing Covid-related restrictions, on a large, unvaccinated cohort of the population, namely those 0 - 15 years of age.

A.k.a. "children".
So you listen to nonsense about children from AnnaPalette rather than the Chief Health Office Paul Kelly.

We have a lunatic on the forum
Old Sep 4th 2021, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Weird things happening in Melbourne now.... . People are not bothering getting tested. Very different to NSW. I think the fact that Melbourne has been in Lockdown for so long, AFAIK the longest lockdown in the world that attitudes amongst the majority are changing.

It's a bit like a quiet revolt of bring it on..... Especially as it's the younger people under 40 that are mostly contracting it.

Old Sep 5th 2021, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

So you listen to nonsense about children from AnnaPalette rather than the Chief Health Office Paul Kelly.

You didn’t have to tell us, we’ve already worked you out…
Old Sep 5th 2021, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by physiogirl76
80% is an extremely tough goal to achieve - I am not even sure, if it can be done... Even Israel, the US or the UK - all countries who have had extremely successful vaccination campaigns - have not achieved this target to date.
Australia will experience exactly the same - the first 50-60% will be relatively easy and fast to achieve (once enough vaccine is available). But to get to 80% will be a slow drag. It's not even those anti-vaxxers (forget about them...), but lots of people can't be bothered. It's human nature.
The only way, Australia can achieve this is by making Covid jabs mandatory....

But really, most of the western world has vaccinated about 50-60% of the population and they are open - not locked down. Those who are not vaccinated by now, chose not to get vaccinated in a hurry. There is only so much patience a country can have with those people. Most European countries are therefore moving towards giving vaccinated people more incentives and make life a bit more inconvenient for those who choose not be be vaccinated. The only way forward I think. The Australian road map lacks ambition - they are waiting for the slowest/most hesitant of the pack before they consider moving on.... Disappointing really.
FYI 84% of the population of Iceland over the age of 12 years is fully vaccinated and the lowest age group (and therefore the most at risk) are the 12-15 year olds, every age group above that has exceeded the 80% vaccination threshold. Vaccinations for 12-15 year olds started in August.

Many Icelanders are now getting a third booster shot, due to the spread of the Delta variant. 38,962 have so far had a booster shot. 43 new domestic cases of the coronavirus were detected in Iceland on 2 Sept according to data from covid.is. 16 were outside quarantine at the time of diagnosis, and 30 were unvaccinated. 10 people are presently hospitalised with the virus, with no one in intensive care.

While vaccinations do not 100% prevent infection nor transmission of SARS-CoV-2, they do drastically reduce the severity of infection and chance of transmission.

AP and the Doc are going to do their utmost to keep Queenslanders safe until we reach the level of vaccination coverage that countries like Iceland have achieved. Until then we can continue to enjoy the benefits and freedoms that we treasure at present. What's not to like about that? I applaud their good work and they have my full support and gratitude.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

When you have to resort to ad hominem attack you've already lost the argument.
Old Sep 5th 2021, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Retirednow
You didn’t have to tell us, we’ve already worked you out…
Sorry I tripped you up. AnnaPalette advice on children over the Chief Health Officer. This is where the place has gone mad. Lunacy levels.

What are you going to do now that Palette has backflipped on children?
Old Sep 6th 2021, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Sorry I tripped you up. AnnaPalette advice on children over the Chief Health Officer. This is where the place has gone mad. Lunacy levels.

What are you going to do now that Palette has backflipped on children?
I don’t care, as I don’t live in Qld nor do I want to go back there…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.