The road to freedom

Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The road to freedom

Not only are plenty of people not getting tested here, they are also not using the QR codes to check in. Bit of a quiet revolt happening in Melbourne. It's about to really explode here. due to Lockdown fatigue.

Expect the vaccine roll out aimed more at Victoria as an outcome.

Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Not only are plenty of people not getting tested here, they are also not using the QR codes to check in. Bit of a quiet revolt happening in Melbourne. It's about to really explode here. due to Lockdown fatigue.

Expect the vaccine roll out aimed more at Victoria as an outcome.
They introduced QR codes in Ubers up here last week. Cos of the shifts I'm on I've used 8 already. One had the code on display, one produced it when asked. The others turned up the radio or just showed no interest at all.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They introduced QR codes in Ubers up here last week. Cos of the shifts I'm on I've used 8 already. One had the code on display, one produced it when asked. The others turned up the radio or just showed no interest at all.
People aren't using them here anymore. No one enforces it except Bunnings. Before the outbreak most would QR code but now there's covid kicking around people know they will be told to spend 2 weeks at home if they get a hit on an exposure site. So they don't bother. It will all change when they start mandating the vaccine passports.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Well well well, Wonders will never cease, Melbournes pub and Restaurant scene is going to try and open before October 14th according to 3AW just now.... First week of October proposed... Nothing like a bit of interstate rivalry to make things progress... That's dependant on 70pct first vaccinated which they are sure they will achieve. How the focus has changed in just one week!

Old Sep 8th 2021, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Well well well, Wonders will never cease, Melbournes pub and Restaurant scene is going to try and open before October 14th according to 3AW just now.... First week of October proposed... Nothing like a bit of interstate rivalry to make things progress... That's dependant on 70pct first vaccinated which they are sure they will achieve. How the focus has changed in just one week!
Good news. Sounds like Sydney is waiting until 70% fully vaxxed rather than first dose. I agree with your path. If you haven't bothered to get fully vaccinated by now then bad luck. You should not get to enjoy the fun. There is no reason why Sydney could not open pubs and restaurants now with it approaching 80% first dose this week.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:42 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really see the point in Ubers as it's all on record anyway, I would say it's more for the pickup taxis
Old Sep 9th 2021, 12:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Can't really see the point in Ubers as it's all on record anyway, I would say it's more for the pickup taxis
Thats the way I viewed it, Uber have all the data anyway. Just a pain in the neck as far as I'm concerned, now juggling walking stick, dodgy knee, dodgy ankle, mask, fogged up glasses and now they want me to get my phone out before putting on a seatbelt. Whislte for that!
Old Sep 9th 2021, 5:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The title of this thread triggered something in the far reaches of my noggin - and I've just realised what it is. The book, The Road to Serfdom by the incredible economist Friedrich Hayek is one of the most important books ever written - and for those on this thread advocating for more government control over our lives, is necessary reading. The fact that it was written 80 years ago is a sobering thought as it kind of warns about what we're going though today. Check it out
Old Sep 9th 2021, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the way I viewed it, Uber have all the data anyway. Just a pain in the neck as far as I'm concerned, now juggling walking stick, dodgy knee, dodgy ankle, mask, fogged up glasses and now they want me to get my phone out before putting on a seatbelt. Whislte for that!
That's not the point. Its supposed to be mandatory so if ride shares aren't using it why aren't you reporting them? You work for the government don't you.

The reason for using the Check In app is that it enables rapid tracing of potential contacts to get them out of circulation before they have a chance to pass on the virus. Waiting for Uber to cough up passenger lists could take days, by which time its too late.

Old Sep 9th 2021, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
That's not the point. Its supposed to be mandatory so if ride shares aren't using it why aren't you reporting them? You work for the government don't you.

The reason for using the Check In app is that it enables rapid tracing of potential contacts to get them out of circulation before they have a chance to pass on the virus. Waiting for Uber to cough up passenger lists could take days, by which time its too late.
Just because I work for the government does not mean the government runs my life. Its a job, not a vocation.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Road to freedom well on the way on the beaches of Sydney today. Had a great time in amongst thousands of others enjoying the beautiful weather. Great to be in crowds again. Of course the resenting LGA's of concern in Sydney's west are up in arms. Water a bit chilly but just bearable. That's normal for September.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Road to freedom well on the way on the beaches of Sydney today. Had a great time in amongst thousands of others enjoying the beautiful weather. Great to be in crowds again. Of course the resenting LGA's of concern in Sydney's west are up in arms. Water a bit chilly but just bearable. That's normal for September.
Sounds like Blackpool on a bank holiday weekend. I'm glad you had fun in the sun .
Old Sep 11th 2021, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
Sounds like Blackpool on a bank holiday weekend. I'm glad you had fun in the sun .
The sands of Blackpool are grey, but at least Blackpool has a beach unlike Brisbane
Old Sep 11th 2021, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beoz
The sands of Blackpool are grey, but at least Blackpool has a beach unlike Brisbane
The only good thing about Sydney is leaving. The beaches are unattractive with old-fashioned buildings everywhere. I was surprised by the lack of trees and green along the beach fronts. I agree with you about the water being cold. And with it being busy everywhere that's the problem. If you all followed rules weeks ago you wouldn't be in this situation. Far too many bogans and Karen's in Sydney.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by greg123
The only good thing about Sydney is leaving. The beaches are unattractive with old-fashioned buildings everywhere. I was surprised by the lack of trees and green along the beach fronts. I agree with you about the water being cold. And with it being busy everywhere that's the problem. If you all followed rules weeks ago you wouldn't be in this situation. Far too many bogans and Karen's in Sydney.
Buildings everywhere .... ha ha. That gave me a giggle. Sydney being a city you would expect buildings everywhere and if Brisbane had a beach or two you would expect the same. However you guys are forced to travel to the horrible Gold Coast and guess what, there's buildings everywhere. .

But we can do the travel too, not as far, but if we didn't want buildings everywhere it's just a matter of going to the northern beaches or the national park or even some of the untapped beaches in Botany Bay. Sounds like you have only ever been to Bondi, what a shame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.