The road to freedom

Old Aug 20th 2021, 7:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The road to freedom

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thats basically the crux of the issue, the fact that WA is doing so well, can support itself so easily, is economically sound, then why should it listen to the rest of Australia and open up to them and internationally until they feel they have Covid totally and utterly beaten.

I've pencilled in a trip to WA in our Campervan... I was hoping for next year... It may well not happen, but it looks like we will be able to go anywhere else in Aus next year.

So lets hope for everyones sake, it does open up there sooner than later. Especially if NSW and VIC decide that living with Covid is definitely the way to go forwards.

My WA long term mate is bleeding every time Vic residents get locked out of WA, His parents still run a big farm out at Porangarup down Albany way. They often need help as they are getting elderly. He has hardly had a chance to get over and fix things up properly for them. I guess there are dozens if not hundreds of similar tales.

Best of luck, glad to hear you are doing well, which I'm sure you are. It's that fact that may well keep you locked down the longest though.
WA cannot stay locked down if the rest of the country opens up - despite what McGowan says. Ain't going to happen. All the states are going to get to 70% and 80% (if ever) at roughly the same time, so there will be no need for individual states to stay closed - and it would be suicide to do so anyway

We've just got back from Northern WA. It's a magnificent part of the world and I can highly recommend Exmouth and Coral Bay. So many people from the East up there it's not funny. Make sure to book way in advance as everywhere is jam packed - with no end in sight! We stayed in a cabin at one of the main caravan parks in Exmouth. A fantastic place but it's booked solid way into next year. You need to book a year in advance for Coral Bay. We've booked to go back to Exmouth for the solar eclipse in April 2023. The normal population of Exmouth is about 2.5k - they're expecting 50k visitors!

Last edited by Amazulu; Aug 20th 2021 at 8:26 am.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
WA cannot stay locked down if the rest of the country opens up - despite what McGowan says. Ain't going to happen. All the states are going to get to 70% and 80% (if ever) at roughly the same time, so there will be no need for individual states to stay closed - and it would be suicide to do so anyway

We've just got back from Northern WA. It's a magnificent part of the world and I can highly recommend Exmouth and Coral Bay. So many people from the East up there it's not funny. Make sure to book way in advance as everywhere is jam packed - with no end in sight! We stayed in a cabin at one of the main caravan parks in Exmouth. A fantastic place but it's booked solid way into next year. You need to book a year in advance for Coral Bay. We've booked to go back to Exmouth for the solar eclipse in April 2023. The normal population of Exmouth is about 2.5k - they're expecting 50k visitors!
It's similar up here in Cairns. By this time next year I should have upgraded my Campervan to a fully self contained one. So booking ahead shouldn't be to much of an issue, plus there Hipcamp, so I should be fine. Good advice for those reading.

We are staying at a Australia post place here. They have a few in WA as well. The following place will probably be a base for us for a while. Stayed at the Preston Beach one last time over there.

https://holidayhomes.apilifestyle.co...omes/kalbarri/
Old Aug 20th 2021, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the same about Sydney but anyway

For the job I do, where I can earn the highest salary that I can and live in a Western first world location at the same time and enjoy the benefits that that entails, I live in the best place in the world. End of

Debate is not an option
Nothing to debate. WA for what you do is the best money in Oz. (Can't comment globally). Way too boring for my liking though. End of.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 12:26 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Nothing to debate. WA for what you do is the best money in Oz. (Can't comment globally). Way too boring for my liking though. End of.
I can comment globally - and I have
Boredom, in a first world country is a state of mind, a mindset, a decision. End of
Old Aug 21st 2021, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Boredom, in a first world country is a state of mind, a mindset, a decision. End of
You should keep McGowen in there if it's all about your personal income. I am trying to hire in Perth right now and I can't find anyone locally. I have applicants from the east coast but none are prepared to move while they have to jump through hoops to get into WA. This will jack up cost of labour. Simple supply and demand. I might just ignore the WA market, it's quite self sufficient anyway and dependent on boom and bust. Not a lot I can control.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Perth doesn't really do Urban Culture to the extent of Melbourne and Sydney and if you are heavily into Urban then WA may not suit.

Like you said that's a mindset, state of mind, etc. Personally even at age 66 I like a decent dose of urban culture quite regularly. Still consider going out at night before 8PM too early.

Old Aug 21st 2021, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It will be interesting to see if the "go hard go early" or the "crush and kill" strategy to lockdowns is the one favoured moving forward.

Obviously NSW are being panned for not doing that but as Melbourne and New Zealand are showing it doesn't really work with Delta.

New balls please.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It will be interesting to see if the "go hard go early" or the "crush and kill" strategy to lockdowns is the one favoured moving forward.

Obviously NSW are being panned for not doing that but as Melbourne and New Zealand are showing it doesn't really work with Delta.

New balls please.
I'm anticipating it not to work with Delta in Melbourne this time around.... A slow but steady increase, caused by those that will not conform under any circumstance. Youngsters of all ethnic persuasions mostly, including lots of Aussie Teenagers and young adults. Fines don't deter them, as they won't pay them, especially in the groupings I'm thinking of. They go off with their mates, travel through blocks if they can get away with it and after they've had their fun, come back to unwitting families. That's the exact demographic that's spreading it now

It's going to be touch and go in Melbourne.

Old Aug 21st 2021, 5:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

You should keep McGowen in there if it's all about your personal income. I am trying to hire in Perth right now and I can't find anyone locally. I have applicants from the east coast but none are prepared to move while they have to jump through hoops to get into WA. This will jack up cost of labour. Simple supply and demand. I might just ignore the WA market, it's quite self sufficient anyway and dependent on boom and bust. Not a lot I can control.
Agree, best not to bother with WA
Old Aug 21st 2021, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Agree, best not to bother with WA
Cut them loose
Old Aug 21st 2021, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm anticipating it not to work with Delta in Melbourne this time around.... A slow but steady increase, caused by those that will not conform under any circumstance. Youngsters of all ethnic persuasions mostly, including lots of Aussie Teenagers and young adults. Fines don't deter them, as they won't pay them, especially in the groupings I'm thinking of. They go off with their mates, travel through blocks if they can get away with it and after they've had their fun, come back to unwitting families. That's the exact demographic that's spreading it now

It's going to be touch and go in Melbourne.
There's parties everywhere here in the 18-25 bracket. I saw 6 young blokes picking up a couple of cases of beer when was in the BWS last night, talking about going back to one of their places for kick ons.

You can control it while it's in the right demographics but once it's in the ethnics and especially the young ethnics it's game over. Pretty much why 3 LGA's account for over 80% of cases.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 7:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Cut them loose
Old Aug 21st 2021, 8:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Perth doesn't really do Urban Culture to the extent of Melbourne and Sydney and if you are heavily into Urban then WA may not suit.

Like you said that's a mindset, state of mind, etc. Personally even at age 66 I like a decent dose of urban culture quite regularly. Still consider going out at night before 8PM too early.
I'll partly agree but if you are heavily into urban culture then Australia may not suit

I find all Australian cities to be average by international standards in reality, with the best parts of this country being outside of the major urban areas - something I've just experienced first hand

If I want to eat and/or drink late in Perth, I can but admittedly, this is not as common as in the two biggest Australian cities. Anyway, I don't really like Sydney but I do kind of enjoy Melbourne

As I posted earlier, I live in probably the best place in the world to earn a crust for the job I do and to use that crust to have a great lifestyle

All of life is about compromise but right now, I'm making the least amount of compromises I've ever had to make
Old Aug 21st 2021, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There's parties everywhere here in the 18-25 bracket. I saw 6 young blokes picking up a couple of cases of beer when was in the BWS last night, talking about going back to one of their places for kick ons.

You can control it while it's in the right demographics but once it's in the ethnics and especially the young ethnics it's game over. Pretty much why 3 LGA's account for over 80% of cases.
South of the hipster proof fence here in Melbourne aka Bell Street it's predominantly Aussies youth. As in this lot... They have it as a badge of honour not to conform...There will be a few more of these this weekend. It's a pub where I regularly meet my mates... https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news.c...-c-3704732.amp
Old Aug 21st 2021, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Freedom? Don't make me laugh.
Queensland's new sneaky update to the quarantine regulations - once you have served your 14 days imprisonment and are released, you then have to go straight home and stay there, not go back to work, not go and buy food, no, go home and stay there for another three days until you can get another test done.

This is further complicated by the fact that the only way to get a test done is to drive by private transport to a test centre. No use of public transport. As I have said in the past, I cannot be the only person in Queensland who does not drive!

https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...vals-direction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.