Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Singapore

Wikiposts

Ritz Carlton Singapore

Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ritz Carlton Singapore

Hi guys, we booked our flights yesterday for the 10th May. Flying via Singapore and have booked a one night stopover at the Ritz Carlton - we got a fantastic deal of £44 for two of us. Was wondering if anybody else has stayed here?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:42 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ritz Carlton Singapore

Woohoo, you're really on your way, stormy! Not sure if it applies to all rooms but the bathrooms in (and views from) the RC are legendary. It's walking distance to a lot of attractions and easy to get to City Hall MRT station to get to the shops on Orchard Road.

I've spent two great Christmas Days there and the Sunday Brunch is also said to be excellent.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Seaside. I was hoping it would be you that would reply. Any idea how long it will take from the airport and cost of taxi?
By the way, the OH doesnt know, as we were together when we booked it yesterday, but i am going to surprise her and upgrade us to a suite
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:55 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but the problem is, I've only stayed in 2 hotels here and that was 6 years ago! Locations, restaurants, quality of cocktails and spas, I can often help with, no bother.

Time and price depend on what time you're landing. We've now got a really complicated fare structure (peak/off-peak, CBD, etc., are only the start of it) and even I'm never sure if I'm being charged properly, although most cabbies here are pretty straight. You can double the fare at certain times but I would estimate about S$20.

Don't be suckered into taking a "Limousine" as it's only a white Merc and about double the price (unless of course you want to treat Mrs S). London Cabs are similar I think. The Mercs actually don't fit luggage as well as the standard cabs either.

Ask the driver to take you via the ECP (East Coast Parkway). I think he should anyway, to the RC, but it's the slightly more scenic option.

A suite - brilliant! I think you should get the room with a view then. I think you'll actually see the recently-opened Singapore Flyer from it.

Enjoy.

(Friends here keep offering us a room for the last night, after our shipping has gone, but I want my night in a nice hotel too!)
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Seasider. Maybe you should book it then as well?
By the way, the OH is going out on a recce / find an appartment in a week or two to try and save me some hassles for when i arrive. The plan is for her to go out about the 22nd for ten days, then fly back so she is here for the leaving party her family have arranged on the 4th, then we fly together on the 10th. When is it again that you leave?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
Auntie Fa

Fingers crossed, 1st May.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
Hi guys, we booked our flights yesterday for the 10th May. Flying via Singapore and have booked a one night stopover at the Ritz Carlton - we got a fantastic deal of £44 for two of us. Was wondering if anybody else has stayed here?
Who's offering this hotel deal? That sounds totally incredibe. Are you sure it's not £44 per person per night? Even then it would still be a superb deal.

My in-laws stayed there 2 years ago on their way to visit us. They were very impressed by the hotel. They are normally not into super trendy and modern accommodation but loved it almost as much as the Raffles.

Enjoy the view from your room and your stopover.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Who's offering this hotel deal? That sounds totally incredibe. Are you sure it's not £44 per person per night? Even then it would still be a superb deal.

My in-laws stayed there 2 years ago on their way to visit us. They were very impressed by the hotel. They are normally not into super trendy and modern accommodation but loved it almost as much as the Raffles.

Enjoy the view from your room and your stopover.

Mrs JTL
Singapore Air Stopovers are pretty good with their offers. We paid hardly anything for our four day stay at one on their list - no idea which one is was now
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Singapore Air Stopovers are pretty good with their offers. We paid hardly anything for our four day stay at one on their list - no idea which one is was now
I know SQ's offers are very good but not THAT good, especially not £44 for the Ritz-Carlton Millenia. Perhaps the OP has mistaken it for the Carlton Hotel which is a different hotel from the Ritz-Carlton? I don't know. I'm just always suspicious of things which are too good to be true.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I know SQ's offers are very good but not THAT good, especially not £44 for the Ritz-Carlton Millenia. Perhaps the OP has mistaken it for the Carlton Hotel which is a different hotel from the Ritz-Carlton? I don't know. I'm just always suspicious of things which are too good to be true.

Mrs JTL
oh ok, you'd know more than me No such thing as a free lunch so it'll be interesting to hear.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:51 pm
Auntie Fa

Oh god I hope not Stormy can you confirm that - the Carlton may be ok but I think it's currently building an extension.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:35 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never heard a Rtiz Carlton being so cheap!

If that is the deal is unbelievable - even cheaper than staff rates for their workers.

the average rate quoted for this hotel in Singapore is actually over $400 USD (200 pounds) per night for a basic room (they dont charge per person).
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

On the stopover site at the moment, the Ritz Carlton is listed as 139 USD for the first night two people sharing and 143 USD for subsequent nights. Haven't checked the rate of exchange. The Carlton is showing at 88 USD and 93 USD.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by islandmom
I've never heard a Rtiz Carlton being so cheap!

If that is the deal is unbelievable - even cheaper than staff rates for their workers.

the average rate quoted for this hotel in Singapore is actually over $400 USD (200 pounds) per night for a basic room (they dont charge per person).
Okay okay, I think we've established that the OP's probably not staying at the Ritz Carlton... But seriously, the Carlton Hotel is a decent enough hotel.

Can I just be pedantic again. It's true the hotels don't charge person per night, but if you are getting one of these hotel deals from the airline when you book your ticket, it's usually per person per room based on twin sharing.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
On the stopover site at the moment, the Ritz Carlton is listed as 139 USD for the first night two people sharing and 143 USD for subsequent nights. Haven't checked the rate of exchange. The Carlton is showing at 88 USD and 93 USD.
And those prices are per person I assume... So double them for two.

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.