Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

RIP Constable Ronan Kerr - Gone but never forgotten...

RIP Constable Ronan Kerr - Gone but never forgotten...

Old Apr 3rd 2011, 6:37 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default RIP Constable Ronan Kerr - Gone but never forgotten...

Woke this morning to the awful news that another PSNI colleague has been murdered, really can't quite believe it. Some of the news reports that he was only fresh out of training college 3 weeks, such a terrible waste of a young life. My thoughts go out to the Kerr family and all of my former colleagues who will now be stepping up their own personal security. So glad to be away from all of that, but at the same time feel guilty for being safe for the first time in my life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12948992
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of
Default Re: RIP Constable Ronan Kerr - Gone but never forgotten...

I read this earlier today, it made my blood boil with anger that they could do this. Such a waste.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:49 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I was so upset at this earlier. That poor boy - 25 and trying to make a difference, so sad.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmralston
I read this earlier today, it made my blood boil with anger that they could do this. Such a waste.
Just makes me so glad that we live here now, I was part-time PSNI for 5 years and my partner was in the British Army, he's now in the Aussie Army and people walk up to him in shops to shake his hand, a totally different world! I just really hope this isn't the shape of things to come, after the events of 2009 it's pretty clear how much people have moved on. Well, except for the scum who carried out this senseless act!!! :curse:
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:52 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

The scariest thing about this is, I check the BBC NI website EVERYDAY, throughout the day, and this morning I just had this terrible feeling...
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:21 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

RIP

and hopefully a 9mm to the back of the head of the cowardly scum who did it.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:25 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Woke this morning to the awful news that another PSNI colleague has been murdered, really can't quite believe it. Some of the news reports that he was only fresh out of training college 3 weeks, such a terrible waste of a young life. My thoughts go out to the Kerr family and all of my former colleagues who will now be stepping up their own personal security. So glad to be away from all of that, but at the same time feel guilty for being safe for the first time in my life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12948992
Terrible Jen. I naively though that apart from the odd thing, it had pretty much gone. I have a friend who came out here because he got sick of looking under his car and the possible threat to his children.

How anyone can plan such acts is beyond me. They represent nothing, just murderers.

Thoughts very much with his family,
Cooler
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:30 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Terrible Jen. I naively though that apart from the odd thing, it had pretty much gone. I have a friend who came out here because he got sick of looking under his car and the possible threat to his children.

How anyone can plan such acts is beyond me. They represent nothing, just murderers.

Thoughts very much with his family,
Cooler
Aye we got sick of checking under our cars too, and wondering who was watching us, we were a double whammy too, me PSNI the OH Army! When we first got here it was mental watching the OH walk out to his car in full uniform in broad daylight, and hanging it on the line to dry, well that was just something we'd never been able to do!

What would I say to the people that carried out this atrocity?! "IF THIS IS A 'WAR', THEN SHOW YOURSELVES AND WEAR A UNIFORM LIKE EVERY OTHER SOLDIER!!!" :curse:
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:42 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Aye we got sick of checking under our cars too, and wondering who was watching us, we were a double whammy too, me PSNI the OH Army! When we first got here it was mental watching the OH walk out to his car in full uniform in broad daylight, and hanging it on the line to dry, well that was just something we'd never been able to do!

What would I say to the people that carried out this atrocity?! "IF THIS IS A 'WAR', THEN SHOW YOURSELVES AND WEAR A UNIFORM LIKE EVERY OTHER SOLDIER!!!" :curse:
Mrs C's parents left for the same reasons, he was in the Army and she was catholic. That was a long time ago, so sad that it is still going on. When we met you, it was the first time I'd been to NI. At the back of my mind was the history but I loved the place and the people were great. Only takes a few extremists to cause so much suffering and stress.

Cooler
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

The war is OVER. These are just the new generation of scum parading as 'freedom fighters', to force NI to join a bankrupt state that is being supported to the tune of 23 billion by the UK they want to leave.

Hmmm, mad logic

But kids will be kids, they think they know it all. I'm pretty sure they will be caught, and no amnesty for them anymore. Life imprisonment.

RIP PC Kerr.

JTL
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:07 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The war is OVER. These are just the new generation of scum parading as 'freedom fighters', to force NI to join a bankrupt state that is being supported to the tune of 23 billion by the UK they want to leave.

Hmmm, mad logic

But kids will be kids, they think they know it all. I'm pretty sure they will be caught, and no amnesty for them anymore. Life imprisonment.

RIP PC Kerr.

JTL
Life imprisonment would be too good for them...
Old Apr 4th 2011, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw his mum, two brother and sister giving their statement on the news this morning. Those two young men were crushed, it was so, so sad, I could hardly bear to watch their sorrow.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

One hope would be that some 'retired' members of the PIRA come out and do some internal 'housekeeping' on the Continuity and Real IRA [with shotguns] - but I won't hold my breath for it.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 10:40 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Terrosists however much they dress up their stupid cause

RIP RK