Right or Wrong?

Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:56 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Right or Wrong?

Originally Posted by Wol
I also think that this learning experience reinforces their antisocial behaviour.
Agreed.

Get your car confiscated and the cop takes you home

What does this say about a) the copper b) the system
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
And your point is?

I realise cops can [and do] call the shots.

The point I make is that the Police don't have to provide people with lifts in police cars for them to gain public respect. Indeed by wasting public money this way, might have the opposite efect.
My point is that they exercise their duty the way they see fit - within the guidelines that are set.

Community policing is important for the police - I saw a perfect example of it on a train last month when a drunk man (in danger of being picked up) wasn't picked up because the case was judged on its merit. I had a lot of respect for those cops and I thinkthey made some admirers that day.

So we probably agree.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
My point is that they exercise their duty the way they see fit - within the guidelines that are set.
And my point is this can and does promote the wrong impression.

Originally Posted by Badge
Community policing is important for the police
Err yes.

- I saw a perfect example of it on a train last month when a drunk man (in danger of being picked up) wasn't picked up because the case was judged on its merit.
Is it illegal to be drunk

I had a lot of respect for those cops and I thinkthey made some admirers that day.

Originally Posted by badge
So we probably agree.

Ever thought about being a copper Badge

Thank god you can't give people a lift in your fire engine
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Is it illegal to be drunk

on the gold coast yes.
drunk in public is the charge !
and im not kidding
oh and i know a taxi driver who would have told her to piss off too
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
on the gold coast yes.
drunk in public is the charge !
and im not kidding
oh abd i know a taxi driver who would have told her to piss off too
I thought it was only if you are drunk and disorderly

Anyways, the point [I think] is that if someone was charged with this, would they expect the copper to take them home afterwards
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:28 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was only if you are drunk and disorderly

Anyways, the point [I think] is that if someone was charged with this, would they expect the copper to take them home afterwards
I don't think Soapy doesn't know what he is half the time.....Drunk or disorderly.......Or both.....

ZX.......
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I don't think Soapy doesn't know what he is half the time.....Drunk or disorderly.......Or both.....

ZX.......
Soapy would get arrested for being sober

He talks more sense when he's drunk

[kidding soaps ]
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:38 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Soapy would get arrested for being sober

He talks more sense when he's drunk

[kidding soaps ]
Good point..... How's life treating you mate? Haven't spoken for a while.

ZX......
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Good point..... How's life treating you mate? Haven't spoken for a while.

ZX......
Great thanks. Too much to do and not enough time to do it. Still lovin Aus and going to be a Possie Friday. Citizenship at long last

What about you?

How's the sex instructor job coming along

Err...I mean truck driving
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:53 am
Breast Inspector

Great thanks. Too much to do and not enough time to do it. Still lovin Aus and going to be a Possie Friday. Citizenship at long last

What about you?

How's the sex instructor job coming along

Err...I mean truck driving
Congratulations on the citizenship mate.....

The sex instructing business is not going to well. After my lessons my clients go to the toilet and jump out the window before paying.....

As for the truck driving, I drove to Townsville and back to Canberra. had a weekend off and drove up to Marybourgh and back. Next week off to Brisbane twice. After that maybe a Melbourne trip.

So I'm clocking up some K's.....

ZX......
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Congratulations on the citizenship mate.....
Cheers m8...looking fwd to it

The sex instructing business is not going to well. After my lessons my clients go to the toilet and jump out the window before paying.....
PMSL....you need to tie their legs together...oooerr missus

Originally Posted by zx_aus
As for the truck driving, I drove to Townsville and back to Canberra. had a weekend off and drove up to Marybourgh and back. Next week off to Brisbane twice. After that maybe a Melbourne trip. So I'm clocking up some K's..... ZX......
Jeez you've been busy. Who you running from ...
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:09 am
Breast Inspector

Jeez you've been busy. Who you running from ...
Can't say at the moment, she's got a rolling pin in her hand.... I thought I was going to meeet up With Bix in Townsville, but, he lives in Cairns..... Tight bugger wouldn't jump in the car and come and say g'day...... I was stuck there for 2 hours because the cab driver drove away with my bag in his boot....

ZX......
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Can't say at the moment, she's got a rolling pin in her hand.... I thought I was going to meeet up With Bix in Townsville, but, he lives in Cairns..... Tight bugger wouldn't jump in the car and come and say g'day...... I was stuck there for 2 hours because the cab driver drove away with my bag in his boot....

ZX......
LOL...sounds like you're not having much luck

Ever tried doing the lottery
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

LOL...sounds like you're not having much luck

Ever tried doing the lottery
...........The reason why this woman was so pissed off was because the cops wouldnt give her a lift!!! OK she did say she was in the wrong for speeding an having no rego, but the reason for her calling the radio station was to slag the cops off...................she actually expected a lift!!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
...........The reason why this woman was so pissed off was because the cops wouldnt give her a lift!!! OK she did say she was in the wrong for speeding an having no rego, but the reason for her calling the radio station was to slag the cops off...................she actually expected a lift!!!
Good on the Aussie cops for setting an example I say. Some people in society think the world revolves around them. Why should she think she could get her car impounded for not having rego and expect a lift for it

Same in my case with speeding. I was stupid, didn't think, wanted to get to work early and it was a public holiday and early in the morning so roads were clear. I never thought about it really, had mind on other things. Stupid and got caught. No point pleeding ignorance. I did wrong so expected to pay for it. The copper on both occasions asked me if I had a reason for speeding and I said no. Why lie? I'll tell you one thing, I learned the hard way and am much more consious of speed now. I've learned my lesson

No one expects anyone to hang the woman ffs, but the Police were right to tell her to find her own transport home. She shouldn't have been driving without rego in the first place. Anyone can take that gamble, but if they get caught, tough shit.

If the Police [of all people] endorse stupid behaviour, all it does is perpetuate stupidity ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.