Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Reveal an embarrassing fact about yourself...

Wikiposts

Reveal an embarrassing fact about yourself...

Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:37 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reveal an embarrassing fact about yourself...

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

Think of the poor beggars that DID go to see Gary Glitter - and DID rip some of his clothes off
I'm sure it would have just been another minor altercation
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I remember writing to Jim'll fix it to ask for my aunt to go and ride some horses with Alvin Stardust... it all came to nothing.........

Em x
Hmmm....on the basis that every episode had a sad little kid whose fix-its were not exactly stellar (they had to be inclusive after all and cater for the little girl and her doll collection) my mother had the idea of writing to him to see if he could get us on to the little island in the middle of the local (biggish) duck pond which we had asked about. 'Gee Mum - get with the programme - how about we get into space on the next shuttle'

My mother was very advanced (and embarassing) even for the 70s. The sort of mother who would never bother using the changing rooms on holiday, that sort of thing. We were subjects of awe amongst our school-friends.

In other TV moments the whole thing of Playschool and having the musicians responsible for the background music appear in the episodes as regulars is down to my mother. She wrote to complain that her sons were wondering about not seeing the piano they could hear. She got a letter back, and that was around the time 'the piano man' made an appearance.

I reckon I am entitled to some of that man's pension!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Hmmm....on the basis that every episode had a sad little kid whose fix-its were not exactly stellar (they had to be inclusive after all and cater for the little girl and her doll collection) my mother had the idea of writing to him to see if he could get us on to the little island in the middle of the local (biggish) duck pond which we had asked about. 'Gee Mum - get with the programme - how about we get into space on the next shuttle'

My mother was very advanced (and embarassing) even for the 70s. The sort of mother who would never bother using the changing rooms on holiday, that sort of thing. We were subjects of awe amongst our school-friends.

In other TV moments the whole thing of Playschool and having the musicians responsible for the background music appear in the episodes as regulars is down to my mother. She wrote to complain that her sons were wondering about not seeing the piano they could hear. She got a letter back, and that was around the time 'the piano man' made an appearance.

I reckon I am entitled to some of that man's pension!
oh god, Badge.. I nearly wept with laughter! Think it was the bit about never using changing rooms on holiday!!!

Em x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Personally, I would say going to Butlins is more embarrassing than singing with Alvin Stardust
What?! Butlins was ace! I have fond memories of when I was little at Butlins Minehead, Good times!
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:09 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
What?! Butlins was ace! I have fond memories of when I was little at Butlins Minehead, Good times!
well I suppose if it had to be a Butlins then Minehead would be my choice
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:11 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

well I suppose if it had to be a Butlins then Minehead would be my choice
haha ! fond memories!! went there when I was 19 with 3 other girlie mates... had a brilliant time.. actually that was the weekend when Freddie Mercury died... Nov 1991 (eek.. from memory)...

Em x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:13 am
I'm Old Gregg!

haha ! fond memories!! went there when I was 19 with 3 other girlie mates... had a brilliant time.. actually that was the weekend when Freddie Mercury died... Nov 1991 (eek.. from memory)...

Em x
judging by the talent they have at those place I bet there was a Freddie Mercury impersonator there?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I went to see him in Stevenage and managed to rip a bit of his clothing off. I've still got the material I was only about 15, what was I thinking Hell it could have been worse, could have been Gary Glitter
I was born in Stevenage
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:33 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by twhurl
I was born in Stevenage
I used to love visiting my mates in Stevenage. Our favourite pass time was playing "who's the father?" with all the teenage single mums in the town centre, think of Blind Date for teenagers but with kids in tow
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:44 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I used to love visiting my mates in Stevenage. Our favourite pass time was playing "who's the father?" with all the teenage single mums in the town centre, think of Blind Date for teenagers but with kids in tow
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

My wife also can trace her roots to Stevenage by coinkidink. I lived there from 0-5 (but I knew my father) She lived there from 2-6 and her whole (extended)family lived there at one point. When we met and fell in love in Canada I followed her back to UK for the final pull and we went back to Stevenage to find our houses. We pulled of the motorway into the Tesco It was pretty scary (Being from Canada and all). We got a map and found my place (Not too scary) then hers (scary). We took a few photos had a pint in a scary pub with a one eyed barman and continued up to Cambridge. On my farewell tour I pulled off the motorway into the old town for the first time and enjoyed an afternoon in a decent pub.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
LOL! You must have lots of time on your hands.... My facebook pics are better than my BE pics...I did remove a few BE pics though.
lol nah it was easy, didn't take much time at all. Just put your name on google and everything came up including your student research report (I think thats yours) lol

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
The sponsored holiday was ok - it was a weekend away. ie one night. It was something a little different. I wanted to win a TV. I was actually very happy with the briefcase - can you believe it LOL. I used it for about a year!! Such a saddo!

Hubby wants me to take the link down....he is soooooo embarrassed. I actually cant watch it, but, well, it is a good reflection of just how embarrassing I could be all though years ago...and you only live once!
Did you marry the guy on the show? Is he your husband now?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:53 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

That explains a lot , we missus was born in stevenage lucky for her she escaped at the age of five ,and came here...............mm
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

oh god, Badge.. I nearly wept with laughter! Think it was the bit about never using changing rooms on holiday!!!

Em x
She was one of those parents whose catchphrase was "Noone is looking at us".

Mum - every man jack and his dog is effing looking at us

Always remember being on public transport with my brother and her in the early 80s - I was on the cusp of starting school - maybe 11 odd. My mother stood up and said in her loud, strident, rather nice, old gal's school voice:

"Come on - let's get home and get you young men in to the bath".

Died..nearly twice over...
Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:20 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Gawd, Ozzidoc - I was watching that thinking, FFS DO NOT PICK NUMBER 2!

Embarrassing facts? Too many to recall. Unusual fact? I don't have a belly button. Not a lot of people know that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.