Wikiposts

Retail pay award??

Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retail pay award??

Anyone in retail give me a quick answer to this, its for the teen and I did google the award rules etc but A) couldnt find the company, B) didnt have 9 hours to spare to read the random retail awards.

How come a casual working sundays only gets 14.34 an hour when the ord rate is 11.71. Was under the impression it was double time, but pay slip says 150%. Even at 150% thats not adding up.

Also when they give him a 15 min break in a 5 hours shift is that deducted from hours worked. I assume a normal lunch break is deducted.

Thanks if anyone can help.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Retail pay award??

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Anyone in retail give me a quick answer to this, its for the teen and I did google the award rules etc but A) couldnt find the company, B) didnt have 9 hours to spare to read the random retail awards.

How come a casual working sundays only gets 14.34 an hour when the ord rate is 11.71. Was under the impression it was double time, but pay slip says 150%. Even at 150% thats not adding up.

Also when they give him a 15 min break in a 5 hours shift is that deducted from hours worked. I assume a normal lunch break is deducted.

Thanks if anyone can help.
in the store that I work they have same rules as the one ur son work, they pay time & a half for Sunday but how they pay for is slightly different to the UK pay check, the way I get pay for Sundays is the pay me as normal than work out how many hours I've done then I get half of that.
Public holiday is another scam in the way they pay, will explain if you need to know about it later.
It's the same thing in our store for causals their argument is they are not entitle to holidays & sick pay & their hours isn't always the same each week, some week they might get 4 hours other week they might get 40 hour.
All I can say is if you take his pay slip into the store & get some one from H R check his wages for you.
I have the same problem every 2 weeks always under pay me never over pay me.
The 5 hours that he works the store would pay for his break but if he does the 6 hour shift then they don't pay for his lunch all his tea breaks get paid by the store. it.
So on his rosta it would say something like this 11- 5 & next to it, it would say
5:25 hours.
Hope the information has helped you.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
in the store that I work they have same rules as the one ur son work, they pay time & a half for Sunday but how they pay for is slightly different to the UK pay check, the way I get pay for Sundays is the pay me as normal than work out how many hours I've done then I get half of that.
Public holiday is another scam in the way they pay, will explain if you need to know about it later.
It's the same thing in our store for causals their argument is they are not entitle to holidays & sick pay & their hours isn't always the same each week, some week they might get 4 hours other week they might get 40 hour.
All I can say is if you take his pay slip into the store & get some one from H R check his wages for you.
I have the same problem every 2 weeks always under pay me never over pay me.
The 5 hours that he works the store would pay for his break but if he does the 6 hour shift then they don't pay for his lunch all his tea breaks get paid by the store. it.
So on his rosta it would say something like this 11- 5 & next to it, it would say
5:25 hours.
Hope the information has helped you.
Thanks.

Hes not working this week so cant find out much till he goes back in and I wanted some info meanwhile as its his first job.

Still cant work out how the penalty for sunday is only about $3 an hour, and like you, I think they have underpaid him by 2 hours as well, hence my asking about the breaks.

Really odd they spent 30 hours training them but nowt about the award they are employed under.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Hes not working this week so cant find out much till he goes back in and I wanted some info meanwhile as its his first job.

Still cant work out how the penalty for sunday is only about $3 an hour, and like you, I think they have underpaid him by 2 hours as well, hence my asking about the breaks.

Really odd they spent 30 hours training them but nowt about the award they are employed under.
wow thats quite a bit of training our store only gives one day, cause they are so bloody tight.

Take his pay slip in & get his wages sorted, cause the longer you leave it, the longer they drag it out before they pay him, if they are like the one I work for.
cause there is no place like it & they are so right.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I spoke to my husband about this(He is a retail store manager) & he is going to print some info off for me. He said that not all companies come under the new agreement & your son's rate will also depend on his age.
With regard to breaks, if you work 5 hours or more, you are supposed to have a minimum of a 10 minute tea break, which is not deducted & a 25 minute lunch break which is deducted.(ie you are not paid for that time)
Hopefully he will bring the info home later & I will get back to you.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
I spoke to my husband about this(He is a retail store manager) & he is going to print some info off for me. He said that not all companies come under the new agreement & your son's rate will also depend on his age.
With regard to breaks, if you work 5 hours or more, you are supposed to have a minimum of a 10 minute tea break, which is not deducted & a 25 minute lunch break which is deducted.(ie you are not paid for that time)
Hopefully he will bring the info home later & I will get back to you.
Thanks guys for the replies.

Ive rang some qld gov employment number, and they reckon the sunday rate is only 150% of the perm not casual rate. So if you work on sunday, you get 50% of the perm rate even though your casual, you dont get the casual loading that day cause you get the sunday penalty

Anyway I have learnt casual double time is not really double time at all

I really appreciate the replies, didnt want him going in fussing about wages as they have him on a 12 week trial.

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 26th 2010 at 12:52 pm.