Reset

Old Mar 11th 2021, 8:50 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reset

Has anyone tried turning it off and on again?

Are we all just burned out, sick of moaning and whining and divisive posts and all that stuff?

Anyway, I've just finished two study units (I'm doing an online degree in Food and Nutrition) and rolled straight into another unit - they're in 12 week blocks, this one is a research project.

What's everyone else up to? Doing anything good this weekend? We bought a new telly - all our previous tvs have had central stands, didn't even check this one - legs on the outside edges, 2cms too long for the tv cabinet. I feel an entire new set of living room furniture may be in my immediate future. Mr Dreamy will love that, but it's his fault, he wanted a bigger telly
Old Mar 12th 2021, 10:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reset

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Has anyone tried turning it off and on again?

Are we all just burned out, sick of moaning and whining and divisive posts and all that stuff?

Anyway, I've just finished two study units (I'm doing an online degree in Food and Nutrition) and rolled straight into another unit - they're in 12 week blocks, this one is a research project.

What's everyone else up to? Doing anything good this weekend? We bought a new telly - all our previous tvs have had central stands, didn't even check this one - legs on the outside edges, 2cms too long for the tv cabinet. I feel an entire new set of living room furniture may be in my immediate future. Mr Dreamy will love that, but it's his fault, he wanted a bigger telly

I finished a degree at the end of last year so good luck with the studies.

On call this weekend plus I have a planned job tomorrow so hoping the phone stays quiet
Old Mar 12th 2021, 8:08 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles

I finished a degree at the end of last year so good luck with the studies.

On call this weekend plus I have a planned job tomorrow so hoping the phone stays quiet
Haha, I was fully prepared to reply to myself this morning, so thank you for saving me from that.
I'm in the final year - 5 units including this one left, hurrah! Then of course, Mr Dreamy will be expecting me to apply my new knowledge to an employment opportunity whereas I'm looking for something else to study.

What was your degree in? Was it for work or pleasure?

TheOriginalMrDreamy was an electrical engineer for the local power company in the UK. I dreaded him being on call this time of year because snow was quite often involved (or cows. Cows liked to rub up against the power poles in fields). Before we were married, when he was a newly qualified third engineer, we lived in a tiny village in deepest darkest Wales. It didn't matter if he was on call or not, if the power went off in the middle of the night, we'd get pebbles chucked at our bedroom window and a shout for him to do something about it lol.
Old Mar 13th 2021, 6:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I was fully prepared to reply to myself this morning, so thank you for saving me from that.
I'm in the final year - 5 units including this one left, hurrah! Then of course, Mr Dreamy will be expecting me to apply my new knowledge to an employment opportunity whereas I'm looking for something else to study.

What was your degree in? Was it for work or pleasure?

TheOriginalMrDreamy was an electrical engineer for the local power company in the UK. I dreaded him being on call this time of year because snow was quite often involved (or cows. Cows liked to rub up against the power poles in fields). Before we were married, when he was a newly qualified third engineer, we lived in a tiny village in deepest darkest Wales. It didn't matter if he was on call or not, if the power went off in the middle of the night, we'd get pebbles chucked at our bedroom window and a shout for him to do something about it lol.
The degree was work and pleasure (because I'm mad) - honours electrical and mechatronic engineering

I'm working in industrial automation so call out are usually to support customers whose machines are not working. When I replied last night I'd just got home from fixing a blow moulder in a milk factory. I only have to do on-call one week in eight so it's not too bad
Old Mar 13th 2021, 8:14 pm
Officially Bewildered

The degree was work and pleasure (because I'm mad) - honours electrical and mechatronic engineering

I'm working in industrial automation so call out are usually to support customers whose machines are not working. When I replied last night I'd just got home from fixing a blow moulder in a milk factory. I only have to do on-call one week in eight so it's not too bad
Looks like it's just you and me, Sparkly one, so you have a duty to respond now. I hope that pressure isn't too bad.

Jeez at your degree. Eldest Dreamy has just completed his civil engineering degree (I say "completed" - he's been trying for the last year to get his work placement requirement with absolutely no luck) and that looked hard enough. Mechatronic engineering sounds verrrry interesting.

My research project involves bags of crisps. Being a northerner with a crisp fetish, some would say this is my idea of perfection, unfortunately I can get all the information I need on them online, but I'm thinking I should eat a few packets in the interests of proper research methodology.

It's absolutely chucking it down here again in the Blue Mountains. Fortunately it stopped long enough for me to walk the dog (we did have to walk briskly back as it was starting up again), but I've got fabric hanging on the line that I wanted to sew with this week (the line is undercover on the deck, but it's still hanging there like a wet dishrag), so hopefully it will brighten up later. I'm fully babbling now.
Old Mar 13th 2021, 10:32 pm

Looks like it's just you and me, Sparkly one, so you have a duty to respond now. I hope that pressure isn't too bad.

Jeez at your degree. Eldest Dreamy has just completed his civil engineering degree (I say "completed" - he's been trying for the last year to get his work placement requirement with absolutely no luck) and that looked hard enough. Mechatronic engineering sounds verrrry interesting.

My research project involves bags of crisps. Being a northerner with a crisp fetish, some would say this is my idea of perfection, unfortunately I can get all the information I need on them online, but I'm thinking I should eat a few packets in the interests of proper research methodology.

It's absolutely chucking it down here again in the Blue Mountains. Fortunately it stopped long enough for me to walk the dog (we did have to walk briskly back as it was starting up again), but I've got fabric hanging on the line that I wanted to sew with this week (the line is undercover on the deck, but it's still hanging there like a wet dishrag), so hopefully it will brighten up later. I'm fully babbling now.
On the crisp front, I do think the research should require some testing - preferably with Walkers

For my project I automated the unloading of an existing production machine using a robot (but only in simulation). Was probably too much work for one person, so there are some gaps but still got the HD. Graduation is now next month on what would have been my Mums birthday so a sad day as well as a god one.

Has the eldest managed to complete the work placement now? I could get credit based on some projects I had already completed since I worked FT throughout my degree, but I know of others that struggled. The uni came to the rescue for a couple so if he is still struggling perhaps his uni can do something similar.

We had some rain blow through yesterday too, but by the time I finished work we were back to blue skies and sunshine, and I managed to catch up with a friend for coffee.

Anyone else looking in, feel free to join the conversation - even if its just rambling on
Old Mar 14th 2021, 5:01 am
Officially Bewildered

On the crisp front, I do think the research should require some testing - preferably with Walkers

For my project I automated the unloading of an existing production machine using a robot (but only in simulation). Was probably too much work for one person, so there are some gaps but still got the HD. Graduation is now next month on what would have been my Mums birthday so a sad day as well as a god one.

Has the eldest managed to complete the work placement now? I could get credit based on some projects I had already completed since I worked FT throughout my degree, but I know of others that struggled. The uni came to the rescue for a couple so if he is still struggling perhaps his uni can do something similar.

We had some rain blow through yesterday too, but by the time I finished work we were back to blue skies and sunshine, and I managed to catch up with a friend for coffee.

Anyone else looking in, feel free to join the conversation - even if its just rambling on
I tried to get the brief extended to include corn based snacks but was told "don't bite off more than you can chew". I asked if someone was doing a paper on bad puns. I'm not sure she got me

Eldest is still looking, of course along with everyone from last year and those wanting to graduate this year now too. Uni isn't interested - they've done workshops for them but they don't count as anything. I'm sure it'll work out somehow.

I love the sound of your robot unloader -it does sound very intense. I know what you mean about sad/good - Mr Dreamy's mum died at the end of January but because of the situation in the UK, her funeral wasn't until the end of February - the same time of year that she'd been here a few years ago, so all those memories were popping up on Facebook. Bitter sweet. I'm sure you'll still enjoy your graduation, you're carrying your mum in your heart wherever you go.

Perhaps we can get a "Join In" badge - Ramblers Anonymous - to get people chatting?
Old Mar 14th 2021, 6:59 am

I tried to get the brief extended to include corn based snacks but was told "don't bite off more than you can chew". I asked if someone was doing a paper on bad puns. I'm not sure she got me

Eldest is still looking, of course along with everyone from last year and those wanting to graduate this year now too. Uni isn't interested - they've done workshops for them but they don't count as anything. I'm sure it'll work out somehow.

I love the sound of your robot unloader -it does sound very intense. I know what you mean about sad/good - Mr Dreamy's mum died at the end of January but because of the situation in the UK, her funeral wasn't until the end of February - the same time of year that she'd been here a few years ago, so all those memories were popping up on Facebook. Bitter sweet. I'm sure you'll still enjoy your graduation, you're carrying your mum in your heart wherever you go.

Perhaps we can get a "Join In" badge - Ramblers Anonymous - to get people chatting?
I think Aurecon and AECOM have internships open, but they are usually during the summer I think. I suppose he's already approached any local companies - if not, might be worth a tour.

Has he tried a LinkedIn post - sometimes works, particularly if he has a good network (or knows someone who does who can share his post).

Seek advertise some internships as well, but again most companies run them during summer. I assume he's stuck with not being able to graduate until he has completed the 12 weeks?
Old Mar 15th 2021, 9:24 pm
Officially Bewildered

I think Aurecon and AECOM have internships open, but they are usually during the summer I think. I suppose he's already approached any local companies - if not, might be worth a tour.

Has he tried a LinkedIn post - sometimes works, particularly if he has a good network (or knows someone who does who can share his post).

Seek advertise some internships as well, but again most companies run them during summer. I assume he's stuck with not being able to graduate until he has completed the 12 weeks?
Yes, to trying all the above It's been a difficult time for graduates (and wannabe graduates) - hopefully things will start to pick up again now.

I can't believe it's still just you and me on this thread. Perhaps we need to get a Ouija board out and try to contact the deceased spirit of the Barbie? Did you know that Hasbro own the trademark "Ouija"? I only learned this when I was reading some trivia about the tv series The Stand, because they couldn't get permission (or didn't want to pay) so they use a generic term for the Ouija board scenes.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe it's still just you and me on this thread.
Just got tired of the "same old, same old", from the "same old". Put 2 of them on "ignore", and the whole thing dried up a few weeks later. (Not just my doing to be sure, but I received some hints that I wasn't the only one tired of the hitherto dominant schtick on the thread.)

It would be nice to have something of the old "Barbie" back, but not at the cost of simply resurrecting the "same old".
Old Mar 16th 2021, 8:23 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve just run out of people to put offside.
Old Mar 16th 2021, 10:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, to trying all the above It's been a difficult time for graduates (and wannabe graduates) - hopefully things will start to pick up again now.

I can't believe it's still just you and me on this thread. Perhaps we need to get a Ouija board out and try to contact the deceased spirit of the Barbie? Did you know that Hasbro own the trademark "Ouija"? I only learned this when I was reading some trivia about the tv series The Stand, because they couldn't get permission (or didn't want to pay) so they use a generic term for the Ouija board scenes.
I can't believe you're chat chat chat here but as quiet as a mouse on Messenger. Not that I'm taking it personally obviously.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 12:57 am
Officially Bewildered

Originally Posted by abner
Just got tired of the "same old, same old", from the "same old". Put 2 of them on "ignore", and the whole thing dried up a few weeks later. (Not just my doing to be sure, but I received some hints that I wasn't the only one tired of the hitherto dominant schtick on the thread.)

It would be nice to have something of the old "Barbie" back, but not at the cost of simply resurrecting the "same old".
Go for it, Mr Abner. What would you like to talk about?
Old Mar 17th 2021, 12:58 am
Officially Bewildered

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I’ve just run out of people to put offside.
Ha! How are you DV? Have you been able to get any cricket in with the whole Covid thang going on?
Old Mar 17th 2021, 1:00 am
Officially Bewildered

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I can't believe you're chat chat chat here but as quiet as a mouse on Messenger. Not that I'm taking it personally obviously.
I know, it's very remiss of me. I'll endeavour to get one response in a day on Messenger

Can I brag about my latest uni results? 98% for the entire biochemistry unit, jeez I'm good. Of course, I tell my dad and he says "what a shame you didn't apply yourself the same way 35 years ago".

I love my dad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.