British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Removal From Jurisdiction - Never Give Up :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/removal-jurisdiction-never-give-up-796829/)

JenniGee May 13th 2013 2:27 am

Removal From Jurisdiction - Never Give Up :)

3 Attachment(s)
I logged in today for the first time in well over a year - where the heck has that time gone???

Anyway, some of you that have been in here for years & years, will remember me & the horrible time I had with the UK Courts system, trying to get a Removal from Jurisdiction Order, to bring my girls to Oz. Well, it took 3 years in the end, at one point we even had to take Kent Cafcass to Court after they had us investigated by Social Services for child abuse, on the simple say-so of my Ex. I have no idea how my OH stuck with me & the lunacy that was my Ex for so long. We survived the stress, the tears & the investigations & at long last, I can post these few pictures & tell you - NEVER GIVE UP :amen:

Laights May 13th 2013 4:01 am

Re: Removal From Jurisdiction - Never Give Up :)

Well I take my hat off to you, not only did you cope with all that in the UK you ended up with a load of shit when you first arrived here. Long hard journey but so worth it in the end and yes your OH is a saint.

carolinephillips May 13th 2013 5:27 am

:thumbsup::starsmile: hopefully the good times will be here now:amen:

asher May 14th 2013 6:24 pm

Hi good to see you on here, you did have it really tough but I'm so glad you stuck it out :thumbsup:

Alfresco May 14th 2013 6:29 pm

Congratulations Jenni and family. That's great news! All the best for you guys in Oz. :thumbup:

Bernieboy May 14th 2013 9:07 pm

Wow you've done it,brilliant news,get in there:thumbsup::thumbsup:

quoll May 15th 2013 6:32 am

I'm pleased for you that it has worked out but I guess when there are two sides involved the converse could equally be true for the parent not wanting their kids carted to the other side of the world! Such a difficult situation for everyone! I know I would have fought tooth and nail to stop mine being taken away. But being vindictive isn't the way to do it either and all those shenanigans must have been really hard to bear.

moneypenny20 May 15th 2013 10:19 am

Really pleased that you're all finally in a good place after all the shite you all went through.

edie209 May 29th 2013 12:07 pm

Wow so glad for you all I will let eve209 know

jenny301 Jun 8th 2013 3:29 pm

Hi I came across your original post yesterday whilst revisiting a post I had saved to come back to at a later date. I am really pleased it all worked out for you :) I am in the same situation and just wanted some advice about the actual hearing and possible situations that I may face??

I am married with 3 children and over a year ago me and my husband started to research Canada as a country we potentially would like to move to. This year we decided we would apply as we couldn’t last year as they closed the list anyway we started to tell family who although will miss us dearly they are fully supportive. Contacted my ex who is the father of my son age 9 to let him know our intentions he said he would not fight me as he understood why I wanted to go i.e. standard of living etc, so my husband went ahead and paid to have his IELTS test as he was going to be the main principle on the application and even though he is British born and bread it is a requiredment in Canada, I also booked the appointment with the solicitor for ex to sign in front of Notary, however when I told him he had to sign he said no. I invited him to our home and spoke to him pointing out reasons for going which he already knew he basically said he had already missed out on years of his sons life and that if he were to go he wants my son to know he fought for him in court to try and stop me taking him. I basically said he leaves me know choice but to go through courts but that I didn’t think we should have to go down that route. Anyway I sought legal advice and my solicitor wrote to him outlining my intentions and that which has never been a problem as I have always tried to promote and enourage even though I didnt have to. She put what i was willing to put in place re contact when we move she also requested he respond by 7th May 2013 which he still hasn’t however he has no intention of doing so as I have spoken to him which he stated there was no way he would sign and that I left him he has nothing now etc so he is clearly bitter t the fact I chose not to wait for him as the relationship was not good anyway so for my children and my own better future I ended it.

I have recently filed my c100 form and have a court date for directions hearing in 6 weeks and we then go to Canada for three weeks on the for holiday.

A little background is my ex was sent to prison when my son was 2, he was given an 11 and a half year sentence which he had to do 5 and a half years. He came out January 2012 so just over a year ago. Anyway I had a choice to make, cut all contact due to my son having to go to a prison or let him go I decided to let him go. He went with his nan (Exs mom) I sent him birthday cards from my son, fathers day cards, school reports etc. All so he could try and have as best relationship as possible some (say I’m waaaaaay to considerate) but I did it for my son and what I thought was best.

I am pretty good with the research side of things as I am a research nerd and so have started my pack i.e. where we intend to live, schools, crime rate, healthcare etc. I am just worrying about the actual case and if the judge will say that because my son has regular contact (due to me) with my ex that he will not grant leave? Also what situations I may be faced with? I am planning on representing myself however will instruct my solicitor to step in if I feel it is becoming complicate.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I can do all the research in the world but nothing is better than hearing from someone who has been there done it and understands what you’re going through.

Ps we have had to put our Visa application to Canada on hold as they require us to enclose consent form from all people who have Parental Responsibilty over a child, which he does have.

Cyclecrazy Jan 16th 2014 10:25 am

Hi
I just wanted to say I have read through all your previous posts on this matter as we are just starting the process ourselves. Everything you have written has been a great help and I'm so glad you got the outcome you wanted.
Good luck for the future
x

paulry Mar 29th 2014 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by JenniGee (Post 10705233)
I logged in today for the first time in well over a year - where the heck has that time gone???

Anyway, some of you that have been in here for years & years, will remember me & the horrible time I had with the UK Courts system, trying to get a Removal from Jurisdiction Order, to bring my girls to Oz. Well, it took 3 years in the end, at one point we even had to take Kent Cafcass to Court after they had us investigated by Social Services for child abuse, on the simple say-so of my Ex. I have no idea how my OH stuck with me & the lunacy that was my Ex for so long. We survived the stress, the tears & the investigations & at long last, I can post these few pictures & tell you - NEVER GIVE UP :amen:

Hi G,
Funny, I was thinking about you earlier, wondering what had happened so did a search and found this message. I'm glad everything went well for you. I hope that's still the case.
All the best :)

Pincher Apr 1st 2014 1:15 pm

Good news indeed.
We had so much grief from my OH's Ex over our wishes to emigrate that we decided to put everything on hold until the kids were 18.
My youngest is now 19 and our plans to finally make the Big Jump are in full swing. It's been an eight year wait.I can't believe we're almost there!

Molly Coddle Apr 1st 2014 3:45 pm

When I read threads such as these, I find it hard to digest how you guys can keep going. What an absolute nightmare some of you have been through, are going through.

I hope it all works out for you in the end and the endless hassle you've been through is worth it.

All the best to you! :wub: