Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Remote controlled speed boats

Wikiposts

Remote controlled speed boats

Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remote controlled speed boats

My son wants to buy a remote controlled speed boat, anybody know owt about them?

Jazzys
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:50 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Remote controlled speed boats

they are miniature versions of speed boats that kids can play with. they have a remote control so you can put the toy in water and "drive" it, whilst you are still nice and dry on the side of the water.

hope that helps
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
they are miniature versions of speed boats that kids can play with. they have a remote control so you can put the toy in water and "drive" it, whilst you are still nice and dry on the side of the water.

hope that helps
Very useful post there

You can get Petrol versions which the big kids play with which I believe are very expensive.

Saw many a battery version in the UK stranded in the lakes we used to visit on a Sun morn!!! Big Kids paradise..... Appears the signals aren't as strong but I am no expert just a nosey witch!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:02 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

my lil bro had a petrol one when he was a kid. it was great fun to play with until he smashed it into the side of the pond!

they are expensive but well worth the money if he will be using it a lot.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
My son wants to buy a remote controlled speed boat, anybody know owt about them?

Jazzys
Will he be running excursions? On a more serious note mate a friend of mine back in the UK used to trawl () ebay for boats and submarines .Said he got some right crackers from folks who thought they were goosed ,picked up some odds and ends once again from ebay for repairs and done them up Made a small fortune when he'd finished with em
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Will he be running excursions? On a more serious note mate a friend of mine back in the UK used to trawl () ebay for boats and submarines .Said he got some right crackers from folks who thought they were goosed ,picked up some odds and ends once again from ebay for repairs and done them up Made a small fortune when he'd finished with em
Check and see if he's got one to sell for J...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Check and see if he's got one to sell for J...
Mostly 5-6ft long costing 200 quid upwards(when nackered but regularly sold them on for 3-400 profit) so wouldn't be cheap to ship out i don't think
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Mostly 5-6ft long costing 200 quid upwards(when nackered but regularly sold them on for 3-400 profit) so wouldn't be cheap to ship out i don't think
He could send the bits with DIY instructions It might sink on it's first voyage though I guess...

L x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reedy
He could send the bits with DIY instructions It might sink on it's first voyage though I guess...

L x
Do you know J ?