Reload this Page >

Relocating to Sydney

Wikiposts

Relocating to Sydney

Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

rickyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Sydney

I have been offered employment in Botany, Sydney and I am moving my wife and child out there in approx 6 weeks time. I am being sponsered by the company, does anyone know of any affordable family friendly areas to buy a house? Ideally, we would like to be on the outskirts of Sydney anywhere up to 50km away from Botany. Will there be any problems getting a mortgage as I am a UK citizen working in Australia? I would also appreciate any other helpful information anyone has to offer about relocating.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:02 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Sydney

Originally Posted by rickyl
I have been offered employment in Botany, Sydney and I am moving my wife and child out there in approx 6 weeks time. I am being sponsered by the company, does anyone know of any affordable family friendly areas to buy a house? Ideally, we would like to be on the outskirts of Sydney anywhere up to 50km away from Botany. Will there be any problems getting a mortgage as I am a UK citizen working in Australia? I would also appreciate any other helpful information anyone has to offer about relocating.
Hi Rickyl,

first of all welcome to BE.

I'm in the process of applying for a visa, so I won't be able to help, but you might be better off posting in the Australia forum. In the barbie you come across all different types of low lifes (like myself )

I don't think mortgages are a problem provided you have an income, but others out there will have more experience than me.

Have fun in oz (and on BE as well)