Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Relocating camper vans and cars...

Relocating camper vans and cars...

Old Mar 10th 2015, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Relocating camper vans and cars...

Has anyone had experience with this company? Relocations

We're considering having a bash at this over the Easter for a giggle. Looks like a very cheap camper van holiday - just as long as you don't really care where you're going and that you may not be able to get back!

Seems like a very economical way of getting to Sydney by car though. Only $1 a day and often a free tank of petrol. I will certainly consider this next time I have to go.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 11:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating camper vans and cars...

Originally Posted by SoCalDon

We're considering having a bash at this over the Easter for a giggle. Looks like a very cheap camper van holiday - just as long as you don't really care where you're going and that you may not be able to get back!

Seems like a very economical way of getting to Sydney by car though. Only $1 a day and often a free tank of petrol. I will certainly consider this next time I have to go.
To be honest, I've never heard of them. As you say, do it for a giggle, but read the fine print (which I'm sure there is). Give us a report back as it might be interesting to hear of your experience, though I would take the minimum of luggage (at least the first trip) so if you have to fly, train or bus back it isn't going to cost an arm or a leg.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 1:28 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

The secretary of our local fire brigade used to use either that company or a similar one quite frequently. She was a retired sort of semi grey nomad & would book a van from Darwin to Brisbane etc. As long as the journey ended in Brisbane she wasn't bothered where it started. Free fuel was often on the cards but be warned some were on a much tighter time scale i.e 4 days from Cairns to Brisbane.
Sadly she died last year after a long battle with cancer which was why I referred to her in the past tense
Old Mar 10th 2015, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

I will certainly be giving this a try sometime this year. Good advice about taking the minimum of luggage though and one also wonders whether linen and cooking utensils are provided. Then there would be food to consider I supoose - milk, bread, tea, coffee - dead easy when in an RV but not so much fun on a train or bus if you can't get home

A lot to consider but the basic idea is awesome. I will report back.
Old Mar 10th 2015, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I will certainly be giving this a try sometime this year. Good advice about taking the minimum of luggage though and one also wonders whether linen and cooking utensils are provided. Then there would be food to consider I supoose - milk, bread, tea, coffee - dead easy when in an RV but not so much fun on a train or bus if you can't get home

A lot to consider but the basic idea is awesome. I will report back.
have relocated vans in OZ many times ( plus a few OS ).

You do need to read fine print. Some companies will still take bookings up till your pick up, so there may not be van when you arrive Happened to us, they relocated to van to someone else as one had broke down. Sydney new years eve, of all nights.

Had great vans, almost new, and some not even clean. Some also chew an amazing amount of fuel, so does not always work out that cheap.
Old Mar 17th 2015, 6:33 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Imoova.com - Car Relocations, Car Rentals & Motorhomes previously. Did a run from Cairns to Brisbane over 7 days - loved it. I just took a backpack and a very light sleeping bag and had a blast!

Would recommend it.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Do it the other way round, get a vehicle booked from somewhere to deliver it back to where you live then book a ticket to fly to pick it up, that way you haven't got an issue getting home.