Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

religioes cermonies ie communion

Wikiposts

religioes cermonies ie communion

Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:45 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default religioes cermonies ie communion

hello

i was wondering if any one knows what the communion or confirmation ceremonies are like in Australia, my son would be making his in 09 in second class here in Ireland. would it be only in the catholic schools were some make it and some do all depends on the people beliefs.
Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: religioes cermonies ie communion

My daughter has just made her communion In June.They make it in year 4 normally but because we didnt get here in time she made it in year 5 which wasnt a problem.It was a lovely day and not as commercial as it is in Ireland.There was no limos,fake tans or manicures.They are not obliged to wear the white dress but all the girls in her class wore pretty off white cream dresses.I was very happy the way the day was organised.It was about the communion and the child.x Sandra
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:13 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishbloo
My daughter has just made her communion In June.They make it in year 4 normally but because we didnt get here in time she made it in year 5 which wasnt a problem.It was a lovely day and not as commercial as it is in Ireland.There was no limos,fake tans or manicures.They are not obliged to wear the white dress but all the girls in her class wore pretty off white cream dresses.I was very happy the way the day was organised.It was about the communion and the child.x Sandra
that sounds lovely and i think the fake tan and limos are mad it all about show here isnt it. what is year 4 in relation to our years over here my son is going in to first this week
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Do you know in what year they make there Confirmation. MY two have made there Communion here the last one in May this year. I have to say both there Communions were lovely here and I think it was mainly due to the priest putting a ban on the Fake Tans and Limos. He also made it clear that the little girls were not to be dressed like brides or they would not be making there Communion. Turned out lovely and the way it should be. All innocent little angels.

Sandra
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:43 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sandav
Do you know in what year they make there Confirmation. MY two have made there Communion here the last one in May this year. I have to say both there Communions were lovely here and I think it was mainly due to the priest putting a ban on the Fake Tans and Limos. He also made it clear that the little girls were not to be dressed like brides or they would not be making there Communion. Turned out lovely and the way it should be. All innocent little angels.

Sandra
i did my confirmation in year 6 i think i think it was last year of juniors or it could have been 1st year of seniors i know it was no later than that as i changed from a catholic school to a community school and i know i did it while still at catholic school.

poshrice
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Confirmation is usually in last year of primary school, although my older son had not had his and did it with my daughter when she was in grade 6, he just had to do some classes which were held in the church for children who were not at catholic schools.

Communion for my younger son was this year in June and he is aged 8, in grade 3 at school, which is equivalent to 2nd class in Ireland (I think)! Some kids from older years did theirs too, it really does not seem to matter.

Both ceremonies were relaxed and lovely and no sign of fake tans or limos!