Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Wikiposts

Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:39 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Oh and just to state:

We have to be max 25 mins from Strathpine school, for kids ( they have demanded they do not move school again )
We have to have acreage cos of debs dog kennels etc.
I have to be max 10 mins from highway.
We wanted a sea view

so all in all, seemed like the ONLY place affordable, and ticking all the boxes
Well done!...looks and sounds fab...good luck with the building and keep us all up to date on here!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:13 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh and just to state:

We have to be max 25 mins from Strathpine school, for kids ( they have demanded they do not move school again )
We have to have acreage cos of debs dog kennels etc.
I have to be max 10 mins from highway.
We wanted a sea view

so all in all, seemed like the ONLY place affordable, and ticking all the boxes
All sounds good except you can't have done the school drive at rush hour, you'd have to speed to do that in 25 mins.

You see some cool sea side builds, I like those boxy ones with a one way slope roof and the steel rope rails.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
All sounds good except you can't have done the school drive at rush hour, you'd have to speed to do that in 25 mins.

You see some cool sea side builds, I like those boxy ones with a one way slope roof and the steel rope rails.
Yer shes seen a few by some fella, whos got some really radical designs, but alas really radical prices.

The owner has countersigned the contract at 30k over our offer, so im not overly perturbed lol..

Will go and do the deal tomorrow.

Now .. if only i could sell this place, id be well impressed

... and regarding rush hour, she has devised a plan, fly thru Caboolture, and down narangba/morayfield connection rd, and screech around the bend at petrie..

Its all bullshit i know.. < will make my journey to work, about 2 hrs in the mornings if i leave at 6;30 and just over an hour if i leave at 6...

so really compromise is the key, and im an early riser, and love driving.. so thank gawd for that..
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:59 am

Yer shes seen a few by some fella, whos got some really radical designs, but alas really radical prices.

The owner has countersigned the contract at 30k over our offer, so im not overly perturbed lol..

Will go and do the deal tomorrow.

Now .. if only i could sell this place, id be well impressed

... and regarding rush hour, she has devised a plan, fly thru Caboolture, and down narangba/morayfield connection rd, and screech around the bend at petrie..

Its all bullshit i know.. < will make my journey to work, about 2 hrs in the mornings if i leave at 6;30 and just over an hour if i leave at 6...

so really compromise is the key, and im an early riser, and love driving.. so thank gawd for that..
There's a service road runs down the left of the highway as you go towards Brisbane, starts just past Caboolture that would be the way to go as Caboolture it self fairly busy. Think she may still need to lift her timing to 40 mins in rush hour.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:56 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I visited Redcliffe a few months back, and found it to be a quite a lively place - until I went into a pharmacy and was confronted by a huge range of zimmer frames and other older people apparatus. I went into another pharmacy to see if the first one was a one-off. It wasn't. This did give me an insight into the demographics of the area, though the amount of units being built would indicate that a newer, younger generation is moving into the area.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:16 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
There's a service road runs down the left of the highway as you go towards Brisbane, starts just past Caboolture that would be the way to go as Caboolture it self fairly busy. Think she may still need to lift her timing to 40 mins in rush hour.
I Agree !!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chels
I visited Redcliffe a few months back, and found it to be a quite a lively place - until I went into a pharmacy and was confronted by a huge range of zimmer frames and other older people apparatus. I went into another pharmacy to see if the first one was a one-off. It wasn't. This did give me an insight into the demographics of the area, though the amount of units being built would indicate that a newer, younger generation is moving into the area.

Its indicative that sea air makes you live longer. That and a more harmonious lifestyle to that down GC. The blackpool of the southern hemisphere..

If Andy Warhol had created a city, it would have been the Gold Coast
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Its indicative that sea air makes you live longer. That and a more harmonious lifestyle to that down GC. The blackpool of the southern hemisphere..

If Andy Warhol had created a city, it would have been the Gold Coast
I think you mean Surfers. Not the Gold Coast but not to worry
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think you mean Surfers. Not the Gold Coast but not to worry

Yer sorry, My APologies to all those north of Surfers or to the west in a small english hamlet called PAC PINES

<<< Its not that I dislike Gold Coast, its just i dont like it..

3 of my mates live down there.

1 in Helensvale.
1 in Pacific Pines and hes a kiwi !
1. in Pimpama
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by chels
It's because there's also two hospitals locally that don't provide free zimmer frames, so selling them close by is a booming business.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 12:11 am

I Agree !!!
My preferred Burpengary by pass route, although I am going a little further in land, is to go up Morayfield road over the roundabout first left after the roundabout and along nice little country road that brings you out far end of Burpengary where you can continue towards Kallangur or nip back down to highway but feel that may take your wife further out of the way than the service road.

Can she not pop them on the train at Burpengary or Caboolture and they can get off at Strathpine, or is school not near station?