Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Wikiposts

Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:06 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

We are currently looking at Beachmere, to buy.

Seems the last remnant of beach left from here to Noosa. At affordable prices, and with some money being spent... wont be long before the infrastructure is in place, and prices should rise dramatically.

However, they have just built a bloody big new retirement village pmsl..

Anyone know the area, and have any thoughts, gladly appreciated and quick, we are due to sign contract on some land there in about 3 hrs time !!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Seems the last remnant of beach left from here to Noosa. At affordable prices, and with some money being spent... wont be long before the infrastructure is in place, and prices should rise dramatically.

Anyone know the area, and have any thoughts, gladly appreciated and quick, we are due to sign contract on some land there in about 3 hrs time !!!

Anything with a lot of infastructure moving in is a good sign IMO, the developers/retailers/town planners spend mega bucks on research, they dont do it in places that wont be growing.

Parents in law lived in beachmere on acerage, long ago, for a right pair of aussie whingers they didnt have a bad word to say about it, apart from small incident with neighbours child on motorbike, which I believe was the sole reason they sold, went back to GC then back to melbourne.

See the thread on redcliffe etc went off track, however think last weekends first impressions were right, told son to get down there to look at sub 300 bracket, 3 houses (shockers) have come up, all 3 sold before he could get there, one in 30 minutes of hitting the market, the other two same day, most stuffs not even getting on the net.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:56 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Anything with a lot of infastructure moving in is a good sign IMO, the developers/retailers/town planners spend mega bucks on research, they dont do it in places that wont be growing.

Parents in law lived in beachmere on acerage, long ago, for a right pair of aussie whingers they didnt have a bad word to say about it, apart from small incident with neighbours child on motorbike, which I believe was the sole reason they sold, went back to GC then back to melbourne.

See the thread on redcliffe etc went off track, however think last weekends first impressions were right, told son to get down there to look at sub 300 bracket, 3 houses (shockers) have come up, all 3 sold before he could get there, one in 30 minutes of hitting the market, the other two same day, most stuffs not even getting on the net.
Been here a few weeks now and Reddy 'really' is the place to be!
Have been driving around checking out other suburbs from North of Noosa reet down to Byron Bay......not much around like this I can tell ya!
Just a really nice atmosphere here. At weekends you could be forgiven for thinking you were on yer 'olidays!

Personally, we will be looking to buy SOR due to the commute into town for Caroline (and me, if I get the job I'm chasing). Bit of a shame really as we love it here! Comes highly recommended! If anyones looking to rent a 2/3 bed apartment when they get here (in Reddy), there's loads vacant in our block!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:59 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

the retirement village gives you somewhere to aim for in a few years.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:10 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
the retirement village gives you somewhere to aim for in a few years.
yep

All done, now !!

Went this arvo, and signed the contract !!!

7 acres with 300m absolute beachfront

Just hope owner countersigns now
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:18 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
At weekends you could be forgiven for thinking you were on yer 'olidays!
That will soon wear off son.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Pretty scarey how fast some houses can sell.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:06 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

yep

All done, now !!

Congratulations my man!

Will you be throwing a block warming party?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:42 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

We stayed in Newmarket for a couple of weeks on arrival.......Wilston being the next suburb along! Delightful area............ and you have the audacity to slag Redcliffe???
Newmarket is a shithole I agree, i would not live there for quids.

Maybe you should write to Campbell Newman or Peter Beattie to inform them of your feelings for Wilston as they live in my street. Infact I was talking to Peter a few mornings ago while we walked our dogs.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:44 am

yep

All done, now !!

Dayboro to Beachmere there's a sea change. Sounds good. Does it need much renovating?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:13 am
Banned

Congratulations my man!

Will you be throwing a block warming party?

Hopefully mate.

Its a pretty awesome block. He still hasnt signed the contract his end, so fingers and toes crossed
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:20 am
Banned

Dayboro to Beachmere there's a sea change. Sounds good. Does it need much renovating?
Its just LAND, no house ! Seems if you buy a block of land with a house on it, its slightly cheaper !!! lol

Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:30 am

Its just LAND, no house ! Seems if you buy a block of land with a house on it, its slightly cheaper !!! lol

http://www.dayboro.com.au/images/bea.../beachmere.jpg
Looks good, I prefer Beachmere to Bribie as a living area as not quite as upmarket and crammed in yet.

Are you going to put Queenslander or solid house on it?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:35 am
Banned

Looks good, I prefer Beachmere to Bribie as a living area as not quite as upmarket and crammed in yet.

Funny you should ask...

Its gotta be a highset whatever we do, as the best sea views, at the end of the block, need elevated position. Cos there are mangroves on the beach. Its not a Benidorm Beach...

Debs has been sitting in her chair for couple of weeks now ( lazy cow ) lol.. and doing some doodles of house designs, she has also been to a few show villages, and is off out again today.

We wont be putting a QLD'er on there, just because the block doesnt deserve a QLD'er, more of a contemporary house I think.

I am considering the OB route, and perhaps getting a architect to do some designs.

I had looked on EPLAN and some of their designs are like, 11k +
Rooted round on the net for a while, and it would seem, Architects charge about $160 / building square.

Which on a 40+ sq home, is only gonna cost about 7k

So seems the deffo way to go, as long as they work within our budget, of tuppence happenny and some shoe string :
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:37 am
Banned

Oh and just to state:

We have to be max 25 mins from Strathpine school, for kids ( they have demanded they do not move school again )
We have to have acreage cos of debs dog kennels etc.
I have to be max 10 mins from highway.
We wanted a sea view

so all in all, seemed like the ONLY place affordable, and ticking all the boxes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.