Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Wikiposts

Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Had to go down on saturday to price a job, mega luxury apartments going up everywhere, bloody hell what happened .

The councils done a fantastic Mooloolaba/Noosa style job on the foreshore, great pier, parks, broadwalk. Full of people, carparks full, this is a saturday, not holiday season. By the amount of RE agents along the front the place is booming, thought the area was dead, not by what we saw.

Woody point just down the road, the whole foreshore is going to be done up too, another pier. 25 klms from brisbane a new bridge going over bus links to the train. Queenslands 2 biggest shopping centres norff lakes and chermside within a short drive. Biggest bunnings in qld going in and extending, they do their reasearch.

Clontarf, didnt like that but redcliffs/scarboroughs gone right off, Woody point looks like a its just waiting to happen. Very different to a few years back was quite impressed.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:41 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Redcliffe - blooming hell its changed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Had to go down on saturday to price a job, mega luxury apartments going up everywhere, bloody hell what happened .

The councils done a fantastic Mooloolaba/Noosa style job on the foreshore, great pier, parks, broadwalk. Full of people, carparks full, this is a saturday, not holiday season. By the amount of RE agents along the front the place is booming, thought the area was dead, not by what we saw.

Woody point just down the road, the whole foreshore is going to be done up too, another pier. 25 klms from brisbane a new bridge going over bus links to the train. Queenslands 2 biggest shopping centres norff lakes and chermside within a short drive. Biggest bunnings in qld going in and extending, they do their reasearch.

Clontarf, didnt like that but redcliffs/scarboroughs gone right off, Woody point looks like a its just waiting to happen. Very different to a few years back was quite impressed.
That'll be our place then!!!

Rather nice isn't it!? We heard all kinds of stories of it being 'dead' and a bit of a 'retirement home' before we got out here. Almost didn't even bother coming for a look! Glad we did though, wouldn't want to live anywhere else at the moment. I think buying here might be a bit of a hurdle though as prices are rocketing!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 10:11 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer

Rather nice isn't it!? We heard all kinds of stories of it being 'dead' and a bit of a 'retirement home' before we got out here. Almost didn't even bother coming for a look! Glad we did though, wouldn't want to live anywhere else at the moment. I think buying here might be a bit of a hurdle though as prices are rocketing!
You know what mate - they're always the first place that I look at property - 'dead' or 'gods waiting room' - though I'm sure that's not why you stayed . Lots of retired people living there says several things to me - peace & quiet, cheaper prices, plenty of redevelopment opportunities and the combined knowledge of a lot of old people who could have chosen to wind up their lives anywhere on the planet. I'm literally surrounded by retired people here and it's bloody great.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

What impressed me was people always say brisbane has no beaches, well saturday drove along the coast roads from clontarf to scarborough and saw plenty of blue sea, views, parks and beaches done up to noosa standard, thought it was pretty damn good given its 25klm from the CBD.

Looks like the big boy retailers and developers are chucking their money at it, so not surprised if property prices are starting to rocket. As soon as we got to Woody Point Rich said this is Mooloolaba 20 years ago.

I was the same as you, from some stuff I read only been there once and that was for a function didnt look around much at all. Property is half the price of the SC, probably more hervey bay prices which is a good 3 hours from bris, if your thinking of buying there IMO go for it, once that bridge goes in its got to soar.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:33 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Great that it's changing. It had to - when I visited in 2004 it was a total dump, and then some. One of the reason I chose WA over Qld.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Great that it's changing. It had to - when I visited in 2004 it was a total dump, and then some. One of the reason I chose WA over Qld.
Wish I had paid more attention when it was a 'dump', best time to buy in an area especially one with as much money being chucked into it as that one.

Told the eldest son and girl to get down there and look at woody point, before the new pier and foreshores done up, before the bridge goes in, no good buying once its all done. Kids eh will they listen tho
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really call it Deadcliffe any longer, can they.........whatever happened to Ceri, I wonder?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

We too had heard the same stories, dead, retirement home all that stuff, we popped down for a nose around last week and loved it. Its deffinately on our list of possible places to lay our hat. Depending on house prices in the next 6 months.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 3:07 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thats where we go if we want a beach, can't be bothered with sunshine or gold coast. Plus the sea is more sheltered for the kids.

What impressed me was people always say brisbane has no beaches.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:45 am

Think we may have missed the boat here for buying, but we have our eyes on another little area south of the river at the moment. Run down, knackered and depressive but slap bang in the middle of some of the coolest and most desirable areas in South Bris!

Anyone heard of Lota? Anyone got any opinions on the area?
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Ahhh!!! :curse:My cat just deleted my post by pressing a key on this laptop, so here's some of what I was typing:

I used to go to Redcliffe for work about 10 years ago. I recently went back there when I returned to Oz, and I have to agree, it has really changed for the better. I really liked the lagoon they built along the foreshore - it's lovely for a swim and hardly any people.

Looking out over Morteon Bay is lovely too. Morteon Bay has an interesting convict history..being the place where convicts were sent up from down south to receive harsher treatment from a notoriously cruel official up there. It was the place that no-body wanted to be sent. Hence the famous ballad of Morteon Bay, I actually love that song..very moving.

Cheers,
V.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:42 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Think we may have missed the boat here for buying, but we have our eyes on another little area south of the river at the moment. Run down, knackered and depressive but slap bang in the middle of some of the coolest and most desirable areas in South Bris!

Anyone heard of Lota? Anyone got any opinions on the area?
I would defo move out of Redcliffe mate. Lota has got to be a move in the right direction.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
I would defo move out of Redcliffe mate. Lota has got to be a move in the right direction.
Good job I don't value anything you have to say as, 'worth listening to' then isn't it!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:46 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Good job I don't value anything you have to say as, 'worth listening to' then isn't it!
Ok, stay in Redcliffe with all the grannies and maybe in a few years you and the missus can go to bingo on a Tuesday night. There really is one born every minute.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Ok, stay in Redcliffe with all the grannies and maybe in a few years you and the missus can go to bingo on a Tuesday night. There really is one born every minute.
We will!

Oh, and we enjoy Bingo NOW! Why wait a few years?

As for one being born every minute - tell that to the developer that bought the block of land we now live on, for $300K a couple of years ago. He has just built 40 apartments on it that are selling for $500K upwards!! Who's the stupid one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.