Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Redbacks in the toilet, hmm I don't know?

Redbacks in the toilet, hmm I don't know?

Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

mikeco1 will become famous soon enoughmikeco1 will become famous soon enough
Default Redbacks in the toilet, hmm I don't know?

When I'm well enough I intend to start travelling again and the only country of interest that I've never been to is Australia, but my relations have continually asked me to go over.

Now the problem is, the long haul flight, the red back spiders in the toilet and the snakes in the back garden. besides that, they are still trying to convince me to travel to them.

Can you manage to convince me that Australia is worth going through all the above?

Mike
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default Re: Redbacks in the toilet, hmm I don't know?

I've been here for a year and I've never seen a snake yet. Seen a couple of huntsmen (they just run away) and a few small (in comparison to huntsmen) black spiders that are killed very effectivly with a tin of Mortein. Live in Adelaide next to beach so expected more wildlife of the scary kind.

The flight is not as bad as what you think it might be. Make sure you book with an airline where you can choose the seat.

Honestly - Australia is pretty amazing, and unlike anywhere else. I'm sure plenty more people to come to say what they like, but my favorites so far are the Barossa and the Great Barrier Reef. And the local pub where we have a beer and watch the sun set into the surf.

I would.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:32 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikeco1
When I'm well enough I intend to start travelling again and the only country of interest that I've never been to is Australia, but my relations have continually asked me to go over.

Now the problem is, the long haul flight, the red back spiders in the toilet and the snakes in the back garden. besides that, they are still trying to convince me to travel to them.

Can you manage to convince me that Australia is worth going through all the above?

Mike
My kids were killed by a swarm of redbacks in the backyard last year. My wife was eaten by a 6 foot croc that was in the pool , she forgot to check the water for crocs before jumping in a common mistake in suburban Melbourne. l spent 6 months in hospital after being bitten by a taipan snake on the backside that was hiding in my toilet.
My advise is listen to the international travel warnings they have on AUstralia about the deadly wildlife , don't come here its too dangerous, even iraq is safer.

Last edited by mohogony; Sep 17th 2010 at 10:39 am.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:51 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Mike
and you have spent time in NI and you think this place is dangerous

seen plenty of redbacks in sydney and pauline came close to putting her hand on them once
same my first snake on a golf course about 6 months ago and the second was in my house. but it was more scared than me. quite rightly so after my sons size 13s stood on it
walked amid a pile of wild roos and nothing happened. i have even hit one in a car. i won
as for the long haul flight utter oish!
ask yir partner to sit you infront of the telly and bring you food and drink for 24 hours ! im sure you could handle that with out even gettin up for a pish!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

mikeco1 will become famous soon enoughmikeco1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mohogony
My kids were killed by a swarm of redbacks in the backyard last year. My wife was eaten by a 6 foot croc that was in the pool , she forgot to check the water for crocs before jumping in a common mistake in suburban Melbourne. l spent 6 months in hospital after being bitten by a taipan snake on the backside that was hiding in my toilet.
My advise is listen to the international travel warnings they have on AUstralia about the deadly wildlife , don't come here its too dangerous, even iraq is safer.
And I thought I was supposed to be the story teller!

Mike
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought I was supposed to be the story teller!

Mike
You've got competition round here!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:59 pm
never settled

S E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to all

Mike
Summer beach babes
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:00 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for drop bears. They are SCARY bastards.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:05 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Its those long claws, very nasty if they get you in a tender spot.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:09 pm
never settled

S E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its those long claws, very nasty if they get you in a tender spot.
some would say kinky
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by S E A N
some would say kinky
wouldn't want to get that close to one
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:48 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Yes there was a spate of drop bear attacks in the flinders rangers recently 12 foreign tourists killed. The idiots ignored the warning sign at the
camping ground.
http://www.flindersranges.com.au/wp-...kg8g0c.th.jpeg

Last edited by mohogony; Sep 17th 2010 at 4:21 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:56 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Yes there was a spate of drop bear attacks in the flinders rangers recently 12 foreign tourists killed. They idiots ignored the warning sign at the
camping ground.
http://www.flindersranges.com.au/wp-...kg8g0c.th.jpeg
Blame them muslims
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:00 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Blame them muslims
Why? Did they introduce drop bears to Australia?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:02 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why? Did they introduce drop bears to Australia?
No, it's a disguise they wear, a bit like the full burka but more hairy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.