Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Red Wine Spill..... Help!

Wikiposts

Red Wine Spill..... Help!

Old May 11th 2008, 9:53 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future
Default Red Wine Spill..... Help!

Last night I spilled a glass of red over our new+expensive Persian carpet.

We salted it immediately, then vacuumed, then had a go with carpet cleaner, then salted again, then vacuumed.

I've come down this morning and there's still a big splodge mark. Any ideas? Please help!
Old May 11th 2008, 9:55 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red Wine Spill..... Help!

Originally Posted by 22B

We salted it immediately, then vacuumed, then had a go with carpet cleaner, then salted again, then vacuumed.

I've come down this morning and there's still a big splodge mark. Any ideas? Please help!
should have poured white wine on it...sounds silly but it works
Old May 11th 2008, 9:55 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 22B

How clean is your house recommend....white wine over red wine spills
Old May 11th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 22B

I was always told that white wine poured over does the trick.
Someones bound to post that this is a waste of white winethough.

Johnnyyt
Old May 11th 2008, 9:57 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Issie
How clean is your house recommend....white wine over red wine spills
You've been watching as well
Old May 11th 2008, 10:07 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

try and get some Orange Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner...the proper name I cant remember just now but its got a big smiling orange on the lable lol. it took VERY red wine out white curtains and beige carpet after hubbt threw it about himself. Also works on old stains (should try it on hubby) and it didnt leave a mark
Old May 11th 2008, 10:18 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Oh God!!! You lot are getting me in more trouble! OH said last night that WW was the answer, I insisted that it is an old wive's tale.....

Anyway, he is dabbing it with WW now - probably too late, though the original spill hadn't yet dried so maybe..... failing that, we will try with the Orange.....
Old May 11th 2008, 10:22 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by 22B
Oh God!!! You lot are getting me in more trouble! OH said last night that WW was the answer, I insisted that it is an old wive's tale.....

Anyway, he is dabbing it with WW now - probably too late, though the original spill hadn't yet dried so maybe..... failing that, we will try with the Orange.....
If you had been quick enough you could have sucked half of the red wine up with a straw..never mind there's always next time Good Luck with the stain
Old May 11th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I think that salt makes dye colourfast, so it may have set the stain. I know that years ago, when I tie dyed t-shirts (hippy chick) I used salt to do this.

Have you tried video jug? Its a great site that tells you how to do just about anything - with video instructions. Here is a link to their list of stain removal videos:

http://www.videojug.com/search?keywords=red+wine+stain

Hope this helps
Old May 11th 2008, 10:28 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RenShen
I think that salt makes dye colourfast, so it may have set the stain.

Christ! You trying to get me divorced???!!???
Old May 11th 2008, 10:35 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rabc0077
If you had been quick enough you could have sucked half of the red wine up with a straw..never mind there's always next time Good Luck with the stain

No - no next time - this is the THIRD house in 3 years that I have wrecked with red wine - OH has well and truly banned me from drinking in the house
Old May 11th 2008, 10:39 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by 22B
No - no next time - this is the THIRD house in 3 years that I have wrecked with red wine - OH has well and truly banned me from drinking in the house
Get him to buy you a sippy cup (you know the one's kids use to drink from that don't spill) you'll be able to have your red wine and he'll be happy no more accidents
Old May 11th 2008, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't get it out make up an impressive story to go with it and point it out to visitors... make a feature of your misfortune

Some thing along the lines of loving married royal couple who previously owned the rug had a domestic and she punched him on the nose... the blood stains never came out... which is why you got such an expensive rug at such an incredibly knock down price.... but you had to sign a confidentiality contract before they would allow you to buy it... so you can't possibly identify who it was that sold it to you (with the stain on it) .... but intimate that you would have expected the stain to be BLUE rather than wine coloured...

not bad for half 7 in the morning eh?
Old May 11th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

we too, (well I )spilt red wine last night. all over my white skirt and all over orange table mats - i've just poured white wine on them so i'll tell you in a mo if it works!!
Old May 11th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

barney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant futurebarney41 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 22B

Try pouring soda water over the stain, apparently it is the fizz in it that gets the stain out but it has worked for us. I spilt red wine on a cream carpet once

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.