Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Recommend TV Series/Movies/Books

Recommend TV Series/Movies/Books

Old Oct 31st 2014, 10:18 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommend TV Series/Movies/Books

Hi all,

Currently laid up after back surgery last week (just a discectomy and rhizolysis, nothing too major). Got at least another 2 weeks before I'm back at work and need some entertainment in between rehab walking and exercises. So, can anyone recommend tv series, movies or books that they enjoy!

I'm not a huge fan of political or conspiracy theory type stuff but love drama, crime type stuff and biographies.

I have so far watched (not all this last week!);
Game of Thrones
The Killing
Vikings (Love this show)

And read a couple of books!

Any further suggestions? Someone recommended The Blacklist - any comments?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:13 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommend TV Series/Movies/Books

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
Hi all,

Currently laid up after back surgery last week (just a discectomy and rhizolysis, nothing too major). Got at least another 2 weeks before I'm back at work and need some entertainment in between rehab walking and exercises. So, can anyone recommend tv series, movies or books that they enjoy!

I'm not a huge fan of political or conspiracy theory type stuff but love drama, crime type stuff and biographies.

Game of Thrones
The Killing
Vikings (Love this show)

Thanks in advance.
The Blacklist is good - we lost our place with it though becuase of the messing of schedules.

How are you watching these programmes? If it's from streaming sites etc, and you like James Spader, I highly recommend Boston Legal. It's a few years old now, but most episodes had us laughing out loud.

NCIS
Sons of Anarchy
Chuck
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:27 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I love L&O: CI and NCIS. Haven't heard of Chuck, will look into it. Sons of Anarchy looks great just never seemed to be home when it was on. Will see if I can download from the beginning.

Cheers!
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Game of Thrones
The Killing
Vikings (Love this show)

Thanks in advance.
Most of the stuff I'm watching currently is as old as the hills, so probably won't appeal. Have recently got dvd sets of Rebus and New Tricks - oldies but goodies. Also got Scouse the complete set of Mrs Brown's Boys - great for a laugh

Best of luck for a rapid and trouble free recovery. I had an L2/L3 discectomy earlier this year for a large disc herniation, recovery was trouble free except for some damage to nerves. Keep resting up and getting lots of sleep
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:59 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Game of Thrones
The Killing
Vikings (Love this show)

Thanks in advance.
If you have a Nook or whatever, I recommend James Herbert's Rats, Lair & Domain trilogy. If this is too squeamish for you, can't go wrong with a good old Ben Elton novel - try Popcorn or Blind Faith.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:48 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

So, can anyone recommend tv series, movies or books that they enjoy!
Orphan Black - two series available, should keep you quiet
Old Oct 31st 2014, 10:27 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

Thanks Spouse of Scouse, Scottishcelts and GarryP, some good suggestions for me to investigate! I don't usually get time to watch much TV/read so I'm looking at it as an opportunity to find some great series/authors.

Have just finished Tower Lord by Anthony Ryan (Book 2 in a series) which I recommend if you like Game of Thrones/Raymond Feist/Robin Hobb type books.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 10:27 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

Thanks Spouse of Scouse, Scottishcelts and GarryP, some good suggestions for me to investigate! I don't usually get time to watch much TV/read so I'm looking at it as an opportunity to find some great series/authors.

Have just finished Tower Lord by Anthony Ryan (Book 2 in a series) which I recommend if you like Game of Thrones/Raymond Feist/Robin Hobb type books.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Life on Mars, series 1.
For comedy, Father Ted. (My OH calls me Mrs Doyle as I am always making tea and have a tendency to fall over unexpectedly.)
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Life on Mars, series 1.
For comedy, Father Ted. (My OH calls me Mrs Doyle as I am always making tea and have a tendency to fall over unexpectedly.)
Have a cup of tea, Caroline.
G'worn.
Oh g'worn.
G'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn......
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you watched House of Cards or Wallander.Both very good.
Hope you recover well.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Game of Thrones
The Killing
Vikings (Love this show)

Thanks in advance.
Homeland. But it may not fit in the conspiracy theory criteria. Good luck with the back.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 1:59 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Have you watched House of Cards or Wallander.Both very good.
Hope you recover well.
I like Wallander. Very dark, just the kind of crime drama I like.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Have a cup of tea, Caroline.
G'worn.
Oh g'worn.
G'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn g'worn......
Having one as I type. Want one???
Old Nov 1st 2014, 10:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Having one as I type. Want one???
I'll say yes, to save you from having to type g'worn a hundred times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.