Reload this Page >

Recommend a decent tent

Recommend a decent tent

Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Recommend a decent tent

Originally Posted by jazzys
Can anyone recommend a decent tent? One that will keep out torrential rain would be nice cos its bound to hoy it down if we go away.

4 berth will do.

Cheers
Jazzys
jazz.
love the word hoy, you must be from the n/east some where. now in oz?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well make your mind up You said before you didn't know whether North Face were here. They are and you know they are good. Move the goal posts why don't you
Thanks for that moneypen, one glimpse of the price made my mind up on the north face tents

And hey, I coach kids football so i'm allowed to move the goalposts

Jazzys
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by borolad
jazz.
love the word hoy, you must be from the n/east some where. now in oz?
Yep borolad, left Spennymoor last year. Now in forest lake, Brisbane.

what about you?

Jazz
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:05 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that moneypen, one glimpse of the price made my mind up on the north face tents

Jazzys
If you a tightwad the "Black Wolf" range of Aussie tents will suit you. Easy to put up, easy to obtain spare bits in the event of a storm [been there done that]
Google the name
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links guys, but what i really want to know is what make of tent is decent. I don't want some cheap k-mart job, i want one that will last, be waterproof and not be like a krypton factor puzzle to put up.

Jazzys
I think we've got an OzTrail. This one:

http://www.oztrail.com.au/tents/dome..._peninsula.php

Decent quality and, much like this poster, easy to erect.

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 11th 2008 at 1:05 am.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:15 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Colman tents.

We have this Oztrail one, we've only used it once and it took us a lot longer to set up that our mate's Coleman one but still seems a decent tent:

Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:16 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I think we've got an OzTrail. This one:

Decent quality and, much like this poster, easy to erect.
Ooh snap! We can't get ours back in the bag!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
Ooh snap! We can't get ours back in the bag!
Which are you snapping, the tent or the ease of erection?

As for fitting it in the bag, I suffer the same. However, like most good tent bags, it is extendable. Tug the zipper at the bottom.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Which are you snapping, the tent or the ease of erection?

As for fitting it in the bag, I suffer the same. However, like most good tent bags, it is extendable. Tug the zipper at the bottom.
Snapping the tent, took us ages to put it up. Have only used it once though. Hopefully next time it'll be quicker. I mean ages compared to our friend's - theirs literally took ten minutes, was unbelievably quick.

Yep got the bag extended, managed to get the tent in but there are other bits that we didn't. Mind you, we should've got it back out once home and packed it a bit better.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:38 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

all the tents mentioned are on the link I provided, they have 2 stores in Brisbane.. have a look at store locations, dont know how good the prices are but you could go in and check them out.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
If you a tightwad the "Black Wolf" range of Aussie tents will suit you. Easy to put up, easy to obtain spare bits in the event of a storm [been there done that]
Google the name
Dunno where you've seen the black wolf tents cresta, but i saw some in anaconda yesterday and they were a fortune.

So obviously i'm even more of a tight sod than you thought.

I see they have some really easy to erect ones, like two minutes to put up.
But i'd rather save $500 and have one take me 10 minutes to put up.

do you have one yourself?

Jazzy
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dunno where you've seen the black wolf tents cresta, but i saw some in anaconda yesterday and they were a fortune.

Jazzy
I'm with you Jazzys, thought Black Wolf were very expensive, although very good quality (certainly a cut above the OzTrail I've got).
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

borolad will become famous soon enoughborolad will become famous soon enough

Jazzys
yes jazz from billy, have to put on hold a try of emmigrate due to med condition so still pop in here now and again for up dates,
i read your first posts on your experiences and hope its going well with you .
hows it in brissy area.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:15 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzy
We got ours from the "Happy Camper" in Noosa it was reduced to $200 from $500 bargain we thought. Also purchased a stove, camp kitchen, whistling kettle, water containers, gas bottle in fact everything we need to go bush!!
Deb spent a fortune but it's saved us heaps in hotel rooms
All she really wanted was a tent that was big enough to stand up in, makes it easier to pull your knickers on apparently
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:17 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
All she really wanted was a tent that was big enough to stand up in, makes it easier to pull your knickers on apparently
PMSL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.