Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Reasons Gillard should go...

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:16 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reasons Gillard should go...

Reason One: As a deputy, she moved to throw out a popular sitting Prime Minister during his first term in office.

Over to you...
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons Gillard should go...

She's too good looking to run a country.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:42 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

She is too reactive and doesn't have a well thought out plan of action.

There are also better alternatives within the party.

However, on the reverse, she is head and shoulders, and several double decker buses, above the standard of the opposition - therefore she should only go if the probability of that lot of bozos being kept out is raised.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand listen to or watching her on my TV. No other reason really.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Lack of trust. She sold her soul and my lifetime parties standing in my mind at least, to the devil. I doubt if I'll be able to vote Labour again after this government.... Which probably means I'll have to vote something further to the left or not at all.

As much as I hated Thatcher at least you could trust her..... This woman has destroyed my faith in politics.

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Much as I dislike her, I dislike TA more so I'm afraid she needs to stay in place until TA is removed.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Much as I dislike her, I dislike TA more so I'm afraid she needs to stay in place until TA is removed.
Nothing wrong with Tone in Sluggo's

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 4:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing the pics and I am not looking.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:55 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Because the media says so?

She's clearly a master negotiator, a decent implementer of consensus policy and visionary enough to want to do 'the right thing' for the long term despite it being clearly bad for short term re-election prospects.

The alternative is a guy who couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag, has a clear fear of any kind of consensus and puts short term electoral prospects ahead of absolutely everything else. - "Bugger the long term, get me the job!".

Are we* as a nation really so shallow that an otherwise competent politician being a poor public speaker is so important we'll throw the gig to the nutter with the foaming mouth in the corner instead?

*(I reserve the right to disassociate myself from Australians in the future and may revoke my Australian citizenship and return to being a PR if possible just so I can wash my hand of electoral process.)
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Are we* as a nation really so shallow that an otherwise competent politician being a poor public speaker is so important we'll throw the gig to the nutter with the foaming mouth in the corner instead?
I certainly am.

They often say, you vote for the party and not the leader. Unfortunately everything labor touches turns to mud. Hence the other option is the only option.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen her on TV and now she's using the Sexist card.

It's never her fault is it?

Keel
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by keel

Keel
It's unlike a man to pull the sexist card
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by keel

Keel
ah ... just saw it .... I could only last a minute or 2. A little annoyed my tax pays for this rubbish.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 8:29 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Ginger minger - Well its as good as anything else said here.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 12:31 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Reason One: As a deputy, she moved to throw out a popular sitting Prime Minister during his first term in office.

Over to you...
I agree with that reason for sure. It's the same reason the SA premier has to go - he knifed the previous leader in the back when he was out of the state and took over. Gillard is toast in 2013 whatever happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.