British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Reasons Gillard should go... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/reasons-gillard-should-go-769200/)

brissybee Aug 23rd 2012 2:16 am

Reasons Gillard should go...

Reason One: As a deputy, she moved to throw out a popular sitting Prime Minister during his first term in office.

Over to you...

knockoff nige Aug 23rd 2012 2:28 am

Re: Reasons Gillard should go...

She's too good looking to run a country.

GarryP Aug 23rd 2012 2:42 am

She is too reactive and doesn't have a well thought out plan of action.

There are also better alternatives within the party.

However, on the reverse, she is head and shoulders, and several double decker buses, above the standard of the opposition - therefore she should only go if the probability of that lot of bozos being kept out is raised.

Beoz Aug 23rd 2012 3:24 am

I can't stand listen to or watching her on my TV. No other reason really.

ozzieeagle Aug 23rd 2012 3:24 am

Lack of trust. She sold her soul and my lifetime parties standing in my mind at least, to the devil. I doubt if I'll be able to vote Labour again after this government.... Which probably means I'll have to vote something further to the left or not at all.

As much as I hated Thatcher at least you could trust her..... This woman has destroyed my faith in politics.

moneypenny20 Aug 23rd 2012 3:51 am

Much as I dislike her, I dislike TA more so I'm afraid she needs to stay in place until TA is removed.

Beoz Aug 23rd 2012 4:00 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 10241718)
Much as I dislike her, I dislike TA more so I'm afraid she needs to stay in place until TA is removed.

Nothing wrong with Tone in Sluggo's

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=to...5uoG4CA&zoom=1

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?um=1...K3IDQCg&zoom=1

moneypenny20 Aug 23rd 2012 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 10241729)

I'm guessing the pics and I am not looking. :sneaky:

DadAgain Aug 23rd 2012 5:55 am

Reasons Gillard should go...
Because the media says so?

She's clearly a master negotiator, a decent implementer of consensus policy and visionary enough to want to do 'the right thing' for the long term despite it being clearly bad for short term re-election prospects.

The alternative is a guy who couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag, has a clear fear of any kind of consensus and puts short term electoral prospects ahead of absolutely everything else. - "Bugger the long term, get me the job!".

Are we* as a nation really so shallow that an otherwise competent politician being a poor public speaker is so important we'll throw the gig to the nutter with the foaming mouth in the corner instead?

*(I reserve the right to disassociate myself from Australians in the future and may revoke my Australian citizenship and return to being a PR if possible just so I can wash my hand of electoral process.)

Beoz Aug 23rd 2012 6:19 am

Originally Posted by DadAgain (Post 10241840)
Are we* as a nation really so shallow that an otherwise competent politician being a poor public speaker is so important we'll throw the gig to the nutter with the foaming mouth in the corner instead?

I certainly am.

They often say, you vote for the party and not the leader. Unfortunately everything labor touches turns to mud. Hence the other option is the only option.

keel Aug 23rd 2012 6:44 am

I've just seen her on TV and now she's using the Sexist card.

It's never her fault is it?

Keel

Beoz Aug 23rd 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by keel (Post 10241870)

Keel

It's unlike a man to pull the sexist card :p

Beoz Aug 23rd 2012 7:38 am

Originally Posted by keel (Post 10241870)

Keel

ah ... just saw it .... I could only last a minute or 2. A little annoyed my tax pays for this rubbish.

IvanM Aug 23rd 2012 8:29 am

Ginger minger - Well its as good as anything else said here.

Zen10 Aug 23rd 2012 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 10241598)
Reason One: As a deputy, she moved to throw out a popular sitting Prime Minister during his first term in office.

Over to you...

I agree with that reason for sure. It's the same reason the SA premier has to go - he knifed the previous leader in the back when he was out of the state and took over. Gillard is toast in 2013 whatever happens.