Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Reasons Gillard should go...

Reasons Gillard should go...

Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons Gillard should go...

Originally Posted by Beoz
Though, she may end up hanging herself if she keeps repeat the sexist card. It's all too easy to continually pull that when you are a woman in power.
I dont think she's actually said it that much, aside from that one famous tirrade and then mentioning it again yesterday. It seems the media that keeps dragging it up. It clearly worries the libs though, which is why they got Bishop to drive a lot of the accusations this week.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:05 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

She is far better performer in parliament. This one proves your point.
http://media.smh.com.au/news/nationa...e-3843407.html

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
I dont think she's actually said it that much, aside from that one famous tirrade and then mentioning it again yesterday. It seems the media that keeps dragging it up. It clearly worries the libs though, which is why they got Bishop to drive a lot of the accusations this week.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 8:54 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

because she's a woman.
women should only iron clothes, make dinners, babysit, and such other household chores.

Last edited by commonwealth; Nov 30th 2012 at 9:03 am.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Reason One: As a deputy, she moved to throw out a popular sitting Prime Minister during his first term in office.

Over to you...
This lady is not for turning

We have I heard that before????
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
That's twice too many in my book. It's weak, cowardly, and a cheap way to defend herself - especially when nothing sexist has occurred.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

That's twice too many in my book. It's weak, cowardly, and a cheap way to defend herself - especially when nothing sexist has occurred.
But for a politician?
Old Nov 30th 2012, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
But for a politician?
Sure ...... I don't mind the bumbbling fool Tony being on my TV. He's quite comical in a Boris Johnson kind of way.

But Gillard ....... what the fc8k is that hideous thing? Sorry .... but .... words can't describe. Rant over
Old Dec 1st 2012, 9:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

But it did occur, that's why it was brought up.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
I say it. I say it because I know what the top rate is. I say it because I know about the $21 trillion in offshore havens that should have been collected by national governments. I say it because Mitt Romney pays 13% and Jimmy Carr pays 1% and so do all their pals.
A group of ten friends go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. They had a discussion of the fairest way for them to pay their bill and they decided it should be structured the same way as the tax system and each should pay an amount relative to their income.

The first four men, who were the poorest, would pay nothing
The fifth would pay $1
The sixth would pay $3
The seventh would pay $7
The eighth would pay $12
The ninth would pay $18
The tenth man, the wealthiest, would pay $59

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.

“Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20". Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men ? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

The bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

Moral of the story, be careful what you wish for because it might come back and bite you on the arse.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 9:54 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
A group of ten friends go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. They had a discussion of the fairest way for them to pay their bill and they decided it should be structured the same way as the tax system and each should pay an amount relative to their income.

The first four men, who were the poorest, would pay nothing
The fifth would pay $1
The sixth would pay $3
The seventh would pay $7
The eighth would pay $12
The ninth would pay $18
The tenth man, the wealthiest, would pay $59

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.

“Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20". Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men ? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

The bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

Moral of the story, be careful what you wish for because it might come back and bite you on the arse.
Not P.C. but very much true. Inconvenient truths.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:02 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Except that the tenth guy in reality would pay $0 because he didn't actually earn anything in country, his wealth was routed through an offshore tax haven and repatriated via a non-profit trust.

Oh, and he wouldn't be drinking with the plebs in the first place. They are just layabouts and don't deserve special treatment; they need to work harder, don't they know he could hire a hungry african to do their jobs for a fraction of their wages.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Except that the tenth guy in reality would pay $0 because he didn't actually earn anything in country, his wealth was routed through an offshore tax haven and repatriated via a non-profit trust.

Oh, and he wouldn't be drinking with the plebs in the first place. They are just layabouts and don't deserve special treatment; they need to work harder, don't they know he could hire a hungry african to do their jobs for a fraction of their wages.
Semantics.

The fact is, reduce the amount of income tax and the govt. receives a larger amount of tax revenue because more wealthy people are repatriated back into the system. Increase the tax too much and they move offshore.

It's much better to get a certain % of something rather than 100% of nothing.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I wish there were more things non-P.C. these days. P.C. = society of lies and deceit.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Even for this forum, that is a particularly ridiculous comparison.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Semantics.

The fact is, reduce the amount of income tax and the govt. receives a larger amount of tax revenue because more wealthy people are repatriated back into the system. Increase the tax too much and they move offshore.

It's much better to get a certain % of something rather than 100% of nothing.
Exactly the point I was going to reply with.

Doesn't matter if they are in the country or not, if the money disapears so does the tax.

Should Guillard go? Hell yes!

Do we have a viable alternative? Hell no!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.