Reason why.

Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reason why.

Originally Posted by deb68
None here to speak of, Debs set up nicely now at her place of work, and most of her friends shes made are either single or there other half's into computers and office based work, not really my game.

I know for a fact that the last job i applied for went to a Aussie guy, he sat next to me in the waiting area, and we talked about where i came from and that he knew some english guys, very pleasant really - then some bloke walked past smiled at him and said 'g'day Karl', 'karl' looked at me and said, 'he used to work with me at the last place', he was driving a blue knackered up commodore (he had parked next to mine outside), i went passed there Friday that same car was there only in a different space, the one for workforce
Could he have been better qualified than you, you dont know for sure if thats how he got on.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:55 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

It probably happened in the UK about thirty years ago but things in the UK are now far more professional/regulated. Even in work there seems to be so many examples of bullying, cutting hours and general abuse of employees rights. It's bullshit and very frustrating that half the jobs advertised don't exist as they're lined up for a relative. Nepotism and the over-licensing of everything prevents career progression/scope widening and means useless companies and trades people stay in business. In my humble opinion of course..
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

I am beginning to realise that much now. I work in the industrial sector as a tool setter from England.
But has i have found out since landing here, it ain't what you know it's who you know, never a true word phrased.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Could he have been better qualified than you, you dont know for sure if thats how he got on.
While we chatted and waited to have our interviews he was going on about how he had not worked indoors before, his last job was on the roads?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:01 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
I am beginning to realise that much now. I work in the industrial sector as a tool setter from England.
But has i have found out since landing here, it ain't what you know it's who you know, never a true word phrased.
On the upside it means that once you meet someone who lines you up with a job you can let your standards slip to utter shoddiness, become a 'jobs worth' and not have to worry you might get replaced.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree.... Number of posts that people walk into because they know the boss are CRZY... Wouldnt mind if they were any good... But they arent always...

makes me bloody furious...

Also seen outright racism...

And some one highly qualified who wasnt offered a post because they didnt like where she lived....

But the WORST is where they dont recognise overseas qualifications and experience... Seeing some one passed over for a simple CN post because their EXTENSIVE nursing experience has been in South Africa and the Masters in Advanced nursing practice she holds is from a S.A. university....

takes the bloody biscuit.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Fortunately it doesnt happen in the UK, ever.
It used to when I worked there .... It's why Gough Whitlams son Nick ended up working on "The Platform" at Morgan Guaranty..... It's why heaps of other lesser known but well connected people where able to get their kids jobs at financial institutions around the City of London.

When I worked at the Shipbrokers... we had all sorts of Sons and in one case a Daughter of Ship owners come and work for us... even if they weren't capable of doing the job. "Arvid" 'SCIndia" ... one from Malaysia... plenty of Greeks. It happened all the time. I will admit it was probably mutually beneficial for both sides... Twas indeed very nepotistic. They were definitely on the Payroll and it kept out locals that were more than capable of doing a better job. Tokens really. I think Cyril Lords daughter was an employee when I was there...She did it on merit as far as I know. Just remembered another one... Malaysian Rubber Plantations owners son... now he was useless... but got the job none the less.

Has everything changed since 1980.... or was your comment tounge in cheek ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 21st 2011 at 9:18 am.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eddie007
Totally agree.... Number of posts that people walk into because they know the boss are CRZY... Wouldnt mind if they were any good... But they arent always...

makes me bloody furious...

Also seen outright racism...

And some one highly qualified who wasnt offered a post because they didnt like where she lived....

But the WORST is where they dont recognise overseas qualifications and experience... Seeing some one passed over for a simple CN post because their EXTENSIVE nursing experience has been in South Africa and the Masters in Advanced nursing practice she holds is from a S.A. university....

takes the bloody biscuit.

This is another issue i have also, i raised this in another thread earlier. There is racism here and not your standard black and white racism it's across the board full on out and out hatred (fear) of anyone not born here (unless you know them)...

England had the same thin before we came over, but it was more so the black/white divide still - sadly.

I remember reading somewhere that when Samuel L. Jackson came here doing some film or something, never felt as uneasy here than anywhere else he as ever visited?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It used to when I worked there .... It's why Gough Whitlams son Nick ended up working on "The Platform" at Morgan Guaranty..... It's why heaps of other lesser known but well connected people where able to get their kids jobs at financial institutions around the City of London.

When I worked at the Shipbrokers... we had all sorts of Sons and in one case a Daughter of Ship owners come and work for us... even if they weren't capable of doing the job. "Arvid" 'SCIndia" ... one from Malaysia... plenty of Greeks. It happened all the time. I will admit it was probably mutually beneficial for both sides... Twas indeed very nepotistic. They were definitely on the Payroll and it kept out locals that were more than capable of doing a better job. Tokens really. I think Cyril Lords daughter was an employee when I was there...She did it on merit as far as I know. Just remembered another one... Malaysian Rubber Plantations owners son... now he was useless... but got the job none the less.

A good Saffa mate of mine worked as an accountant for BP in London. He's an ambitious lad and was all ready to tear up the corporate ladder. It was made plain to him (but not in so many words), that because he didn't go to the 'right' school and Oxbridge, then there was only so far that he was going to be allowed to climb.

I've always wondered why most of the captains of the British corporate world are knighted.

Last edited by Amazulu; Sep 21st 2011 at 9:31 am.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:28 am

When I worked at the Shipbrokers... we had all sorts of Sons and in one case a Daughter of Ship owners come and work for us... even if they weren't capable of doing the job. "Arvid" 'SCIndia" ... one from Malaysia... plenty of Greeks. It happened all the time. I will admit it was probably mutually beneficial for both sides... Twas indeed very nepotistic. They were definitely on the Payroll and it kept out locals that were more than capable of doing a better job. Tokens really. I think Cyril Lords daughter was an employee when I was there...She did it on merit as far as I know. Just remembered another one... Malaysian Rubber Plantations owners son... now he was
useless... but got the job none the less.

I won't argue that there isn't a bit of an old boys network in the City - obviously hiring a Lykiardopoulos son stands you in good stead with the father when it comes to a sale and purchase deal. In Oz though it's every strata of work - office admin, sales, trades, even teaching suffers from it. Don't expect a meritocracy and rewards based on skill and application.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A good Saffa mate of mine worked as an account for BP in London. He's an ambitious lad and was all ready to tear up the corporate ladder. It was made plain to him (but not in so many words), that because he didn't go to the 'right' school and Oxbridge, then there was only so far that he was going to be allowed to climb.

I've always wondered why most of the captains of the British corporate world are knighted.
Wasn't there much call for 'accounts'?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Wasn't there much call for 'accounts'?
That's the reason then.

You're a lying f**k Sani!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:27 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Reason why.

Re post, They are getting rid of Night Shift across the country for mail handling and sorting....
Wow! End of an era. That's going to shake things up. How do they intend to process the second and third waves without a night shift?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:33 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I would assume they would have to do all the sorting during the day which will make deliveries even slower.

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Wow! End of an era. That's going to shake things up. How do they intend to process the second and third waves without a night shift?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

ive had no trouble getting a job as a full time stripper here,iv had two interviews and as soon as i get my tools out,i seem to secure the job pretty quickly....

champ dont let the fluckers grind you down,,,

Last edited by aston; Sep 21st 2011 at 12:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.