Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

REALLY ANNOYING GARDEN BIRD!!!

REALLY ANNOYING GARDEN BIRD!!!

Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:39 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: REALLY ANNOYING GARDEN BIRD!!!

http://birdsinbackyards.net/feature/...bird-songs.cfm

Tried this?
Old Jan 16th 2011, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It could be one of the larger honeyeaters.... I've been looking but I cant find the exact one. They make some strange noises.

try here...

http://garden.canberrabirds.org.au/s...iteNapedHE.mp3

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 16th 2011 at 4:43 am.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:39 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Both Red and Little Wattlebirds make various squeaky sounds as do Noisy Miners, which have a large repertoire of sounds. However, I suspect your bird is a youngster.

Up here, young Black Butcherbirds and Cuckoos and Owls of various species make repeated squeaking sounds like the ones you describe and they do it from cover making the caller hard to spot.

Butcherbirds seem to breed year round around my place and the endless asthmatic squeak you describe can often be heard out the back. You don't get Black down there but you do get other Butcherbird species so it's a possibility.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:41 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I love possums
So do I. We have Striped Possums in the rainforest around my place and they look like giant furry humbugs!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:29 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Both Red and Little Wattlebirds make various squeaky sounds as do Noisy Miners, which have a large repertoire of sounds. However, I suspect your bird is a youngster.

Up here, young Black Butcherbirds and Cuckoos and Owls of various species make repeated squeaking sounds like the ones you describe and they do it from cover making the caller hard to spot.

Butcherbirds seem to breed year round around my place and the endless asthmatic squeak you describe can often be heard out the back. You don't get Black down there but you do get other Butcherbird species so it's a possibility.
Googled the birds you mentioned, and it's none of them, next time I hear it and a neighbour is out I'll ask them lol
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe its a Koel. Those things s*** me to tears..........
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anawanahuanana
Maybe its a Koel. Those things s*** me to tears..........
Nope, but I agree, that is one annoying mofo son of a b*tch bl**dy bird!!! lol
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Googled the birds you mentioned, and it's none of them, next time I hear it and a neighbour is out I'll ask them lol
I'm not sure how you could have. I'm a birdwatcher and I know that sound files don't exist on the net for a lot of those calls. Where did you find Grey Butcherbird begging call of young or fledgling Barking Owl? Just curious...

I'm still think it's a young bird.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I'm not sure how you could have. I'm a birdwatcher and I know that sound files don't exist on the net for a lot of those calls. Where did you find Grey Butcherbird begging call of young or fledgling Barking Owl? Just curious...

I'm still think it's a young bird.
I'll try and record it next time I hear it, deal?!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'll try and record it next time I hear it, deal?!
Deal. And I promise I'll do my best to ID it if you post it here, but if it is a youngster it may be very tricky.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:27 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Deal. And I promise I'll do my best to ID it if you post it here, but if it is a youngster it may be very tricky.
Okies...
Old Jan 16th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

No idea what you have, but we have something that sounds like a whining dog. For the first few months I thought the neighbours had a secret dog that they were locking outside. Not sure if its a bird or an insect, but it sure is annoying!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:20 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

It's probably a baby parrot. It's hatching time.. they wheez on and on calling for their parents until they get fed.

Got them here too. I'll try to record one tonight if I get a mo.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:32 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
It's probably a baby parrot. It's hatching time.. they wheez on and on calling for their parents until they get fed.

Cool! lol
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Good call, and the likeliest culprit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.