Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

real farm eggs, gold coast?

Wikiposts

real farm eggs, gold coast?

Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: real farm eggs, gold coast?

Soapy, you could try Mrs Flannery's or another organic shop as they usually use small suppliers
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Soapy, you could try Mrs Flannery's or another organic shop as they usually use small suppliers
thats a good idea, didnt think of that. thanks
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
tried them today Debs. they have much the same as you get at the supermarket

i have just about given up on the search for real eggs
popped down to gold coast race course today and found loads of eggs on sale
one stall had boxes that claimed on the front that they were free range and were boxed by the egg company?

i ended up lifting a dozen to try
the box claims they are organic free range, but they just all look like they are out of a supermarket.
i will do the taste test
watch this space
Old Aug 21st 2010, 3:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It could be that the diet the chickens who laid the eggs up north was different to the diet they're being fed down here? No idea, not a chicken/egg expert but you get different coloured yolks so maybe the flavour is different too?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

These guys say they deliver to Nerang mate

http://www.sjweddings.com.au/ConwyDefault.html
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:13 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It could be that the diet the chickens who laid the eggs up north was different to the diet they're being fed down here? No idea, not a chicken/egg expert but you get different coloured yolks so maybe the flavour is different too?
ah, but the eggs were the same as the ones on NZ

i havent a clue either, just gettin pissed off that i dont know anyone who sells really fresh eggs
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
These guys say they deliver to Nerang mate

http://www.sjweddings.com.au/ConwyDefault.html
cheers pal, thats the eggs i bought today. they better be as good as they claim or they will be hearing from me llf
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
cheers pal, thats the eggs i bought today. they better be as good as they claim or they will be hearing from me llf
The husband is currently sorting an area of ground to put up a chicken run. Once we're up and running (or the chickens are) I'll let you know.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The husband is currently sorting an area of ground to put up a chicken run. Once we're up and running (or the chickens are) I'll let you know.
yeee haaa, how many chickes are you getting?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
Well ,how did they fare eggsactly ?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Well ,how did they fare eggsactly ?
that was nearly funny for you lol

they were nice. but i'm not sure if they are just as good, but heys its been a couple of weeks since i had the others. i might be just expection too much lol