Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the real aus,the dark side..

Wikiposts

the real aus,the dark side..

Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the real aus,the dark side..

[QUOTE=Sam;9174782]
Originally Posted by aston

having lost both a family member to drugs and several friends to drugs i can safely say loosing a friend is no where near as painful...yes it hurts and devestates you but family is family and the emotional ties are much stronger (most of the time!)
And having lost friends and family member to drugs I can safely tell you that the loss of my friend was more painful.... For me.... Family ties or no family ties... Blood isnt always thicker than water...
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:18 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems the quotes are askew somewhat I'l attempt to sort it
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:40 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting Horizon a while back looked at the top 20 drugs in the UK, Ecstacy was very low as was LSD, not sure where dope was, much lower the tobacco and Alcohol I think.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
What's the Bill Hicks line about 'You never see a positive drug story on The News" ... he pretty much nailed the relative merits of relaxing with a joint versus necking several pints of lager.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

The whole dope vs alcohol debate...

Dont condone the use of drugs... BUT you know how many assaults, car accidents, unconscious under the influence of teens, aggressive drunken louts, alcohol induced suicide attempts i've seen in the last couple of years working in ED????? ALcohol induced.... hundreds and hundreds and hundreds....

Where as a bit of smoking dope tends to lead to a feeling of oneness with the sofa..

If you're going to get out of it... I'd rather you smoked a bit of grass... You're less likely to impact on me.. Either at work or in my life...
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:17 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Amsterdam is hilarious you can have a spliff but it's illegal to have any tobacco in it.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:21 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
I think Amsterdam is hilarious you can have a spliff but it's illegal to have any tobacco in it.
Which means it is super strong?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:21 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Interesting Horizon a while back looked at the top 20 drugs in the UK, Ecstacy was very low as was LSD, not sure where dope was, much lower the tobacco and Alcohol I think.
Maybe below Tixylix?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007

And having lost friends and family member to drugs I can safely tell you that the loss of my friend was more painful.... For me.... Family ties or no family ties... Blood isnt always thicker than water...
Very true, for some of us our friends are closer to us than some family members, and their loss would be felt as deeply as if they were blood relatives.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Very true, for some of us our friends are closer to us than some family members, and their loss would be felt as deeply as if they were blood relatives.
Agreed. Not so much that the family tie is lessened - that the friendship one is just as strong.