Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the real aus,the dark side..

Wikiposts

the real aus,the dark side..

Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the real aus,the dark side..

Some of the girls friends in the UK now smoke dope. Some of the girls friends here smoke dope. Do I see a bigger problem here than there? No, personally I don't.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:07 pm
ABCDiamond

I found the later 2009 UN World Drug Report data... http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-a.../WDR-2009.html
Attached Thumbnails the real aus,the dark side..-2009-world-drug-report.png  

Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=eddie007;9172575]12 year old daughters...

Know how to manipulate their parents, set them up and prey on their biggest fears.

With parents who constantly worry about it, and talk about those fears, what better way to shake them up a bit? Or make sure they get a bit of drama in their lives by making up a few stories ....

Sorry, but equip your kids with the right values, show them your support no matter what, have the attitude .... Its out there ... No doubt you'll have a go, we all did (well most of us)... but its a bloody stupid thing to do and life has more meaning with out them.... And you might end up with kids who don't stray.... Too far.... For too long... But no doubt they will, with either drugs or alcohol at some stage....

Just take a pinch of salt with the words of a twelve year old...they are just bloody kids, finding their way, exploring what pushes your buttons and others too... Take them too seriously and you could end up loosing friends.

and that my darling can be as painfull as loosing one of your family..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by cresta57; Feb 13th 2011 at 9:25 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

you would not believe it..

ive dropped my phone here in various places...three times i have been given it back....i genuinely think this is a better place for my kids...and its a better place to live for us all..

i may of been lucky but i have never been a victim of crime...but today

some bastard broke into my car,smashed the front window and nicked me mates wallet,me camera and me tom tom..

talk about tempting fate?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=aston;9173102]
Originally Posted by eddie007
12 year old daughters...

Know how to manipulate their parents, set them up and prey on their biggest fears.

With parents who constantly worry about it, and talk about those fears, what better way to shake them up a bit? Or make sure they get a bit of drama in their lives by making up a few stories ....

Sorry, but equip your kids with the right values, show them your support no matter what, have the attitude .... Its out there ... No doubt you'll have a go, we all did (well most of us)... but its a bloody stupid thing to do and life has more meaning with out them.... And you might end up with kids who don't stray.... Too far.... For too long... But no doubt they will, with either drugs or aSlcohol at some stage....

Just take a pinch of salt with the words of a twelve year old...they are just bloody kids, finding their way, exploring what pushes your buttons and others too... Take them too seriously and you could end up loosing friends.[/QUOTE]

and that my darling can be as painfull as loosing one of your family..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by eddie007; Feb 12th 2011 at 11:35 pm. Reason: Pointless
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=eddie007;9173113]
Originally Posted by aston

And for some of us more painful
and some of us even more painfulla..
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
you would not believe it..

ive dropped my phone here in various places...three times i have been given it back....i genuinely think this is a better place for my kids...and its a better place to live for us all..

i may of been lucky but i have never been a victim of crime...but today

some bastard broke into my car,smashed the front window and nicked me mates wallet,me camera and me tom tom..

talk about tempting fate?
Sorry to hear about your break-in, it's a real pain getting everything repaired or replaced. Our car was broken into twice and I was guilty of not hiding my handbag away out of sight (or even leaving it there in the first place). The police told us that a lot of crime in Perth is due to drug users getting the money for their next hit.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=eddie007;9173113][QUOTE=aston;9173102]

And for some of us more painful[/QUOTE.

shit what happened then?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I lost a mate once

Last edited by eddie007; Feb 12th 2011 at 11:35 pm. Reason: Pointless
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:40 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Another Australian statistic from that report was:
  • 61.9% have never tried any drugs
  • 84.7% have not used any drugs recently (in the last 12 months).

And a comparison to UK figures...

ie: 63.8% in the UK have never tried any drugs.
and 90% in the UK have not used drugs in the last 12 months.

These figures seem to show both countries being similar for trying it, although more Australians with 'recent' usage, 15 out of every 100, instead of 10 out of every 100..
Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
You truly are Mr Statistic!
Another survey found that 90% of people lie 100% of the time to people asking questions for surveys
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised Oz is so high up on speed and e's - where are the clubs where you might want to dance all night? I dabbled in pretty much everything starting when I was a Uni student to probably 30 but mainly because I used to dance all night at Fabric and some of the other massive house venues in London. I can't imagine being high as a kite and just sitting in an empty pub listening to the ever present Bon Jovi.
You're doing that Cairns = Australia thing again
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

[

Apologies: age here is important. At 12 I would call the cops.

Bloody hell , my daughter is 12, and if this happened to a house she went to i would definately inform the police
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:27 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
[

Apologies: age here is important. At 12 I would call the cops.

Bloody hell , my daughter is 12, and if this happened to a house she went to i would definately inform the police
Ah Mags you don't look old enough to have a daughter that age,man i gots to stop smoking dis sheeet
Old Feb 13th 2011, 12:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Drugs are a problem though out the western world - including Australia.

No different, no worse.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 1:45 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I know plenty of people, mainly back in London, who are regular dope smokers who in their mid to late 30s and remain well adjusted and intelligent doctors, programmers, lawyers and accountants. Not a sniff of mental illness. Sadly it can lead to paranoia and other mental illnesses but it is not common. I don't think marijuana is a big deal and indeed it has significant therapeutic uses.
Originally Posted by DeadVim
And some people just enjoy it and go on living perfectly normal lives.

If you are predisposed to mental illness then, yes, it can make things worse, as can alcohol abuse (but taxed drug = good, untaxed drug = bad).

I'm certainly not condoning it's use by people who are vulnerable (and how would you know before you had it ...) but it all has be put into context.

We have moved a fair way past Reefer Madness ...
I know loads of people who smoked the odd spliff, myself included. But the point I'm making is it generally happens as a one off every now and again...but should someone have an accident at work or be driving and in an accident, and found to have it in their blood then their insurance is null and void and this can be up to three months after the spliff was smoked

I aint convinced people know this or else they wouldn't bother. It's better to get rat arsed on alcohol cos at least it's out of your system sometime the next day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.