A rant

Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:18 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A rant

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Is that the one they advertise on TV? They might be warm but you would look like a tool wearing one. A cross between a monk and a mental patient.

Wearing pyjamas in the supermarket? Imagine someone turning up in a snuggie......

They are awful though arent they? I think I would cry if someone bought me one of those.

That advert always makes me laugh - monk and a mental patient
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Last winter I was wearing shorts and T shirt as I hadnt adjusted to the climate.

I cannot believe and totally underestimated how cold I would feel and my friend has lent me his gas fire for a month while he is away to see how we get on with it.

The cat sits in front of it every night (he loved our fire in the UK) and I cant believe how much more comfortable it makes the house.

So in a months time, guess who is going out gas fire shopping

IMO, if it is too cold - there is usually something you can do to rectify it.

As you say, good job winter doesnt last for too long, its hard waking up when its dark and coming home when its dark.
Yes we are sor ( like you?) and i cant believe how dark it is outside, i work afternoons so am used to coming home in the dark..as for the snuggie things they sell them in home-mart ( i think thats the name) i sae them yesterday and in burgundy too My oh usually never feels the cold even in the uk in winter he was in shorts and a tshirt but the last few days hes been freezing and wants a pair of ugg boots!! Im more used to the winters here as been here since i was 12, but even so i have to say the last few days have been really cold..reminds me of the uk.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Love that Snuggies advert. It looks like a bunch of clan members sitting in the stands watching sports!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsvk
Yes we are sor ( like you?) and i cant believe how dark it is outside, i work afternoons so am used to coming home in the dark..as for the snuggie things they sell them in home-mart ( i think thats the name) i sae them yesterday and in burgundy too My oh usually never feels the cold even in the uk in winter he was in shorts and a tshirt but the last few days hes been freezing and wants a pair of ugg boots!! Im more used to the winters here as been here since i was 12, but even so i have to say the last few days have been really cold..reminds me of the uk.
Yep we are SOR.

I am feeling the cold far more here than I ever did in the UK and we only had a little gas fire in our flat in London.

I struggle to wake up here during the winter mornings, really struggle with it. My skin doctor does a yearly vitamin D blood check and I had mine done and my levels were very low which he put down to not enough sunlight and the fact I had taken to protecting my skin/head a bit too far

So Im on some tablets to bring the levels up and will be re tested in August. As you can imagine, winter is a bloody struggle and Im really noticing the difference in not seeing much sunlight and never realised how important it is for your mental health.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

It is cold, but it's winter !!
I like the fact that although it's raining and the skies are grey, it only lasts a couple of days at a time, and you'll have a sunny day in between. Not like the Uk where it's grey and wet for about 8 months of the year. Last summer in the uk was bad. It rained through most of the kids summer holidays and was constantly grey and wet. At least here, I know the weather is going to improve.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

Yep we are SOR.

I am feeling the cold far more here than I ever did in the UK and we only had a little gas fire in our flat in London.

I struggle to wake up here during the winter mornings, really struggle with it. My skin doctor does a yearly vitamin D blood check and I had mine done and my levels were very low which he put down to not enough sunlight and the fact I had taken to protecting my skin/head a bit too far

So Im on some tablets to bring the levels up and will be re tested in August. As you can imagine, winter is a bloody struggle and Im really noticing the difference in not seeing much sunlight and never realised how important it is for your mental health.
we spent 9 months in the uk last year, and for the last couple of them i was going round the bend!! had not been back for 20 years and having to stay indoors made me depressed and when we did go out i had on so many clothes i could barley walk, oh used to call me his little eskimo tho there are lots of things in the uk i miss,( family, tesco, asda, next, shoes that fit my feet!!) but i could never go back to there to live, im used to the sunshine, tho at the moment its raining and dark, i know that it wont last for long
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:02 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

well Aussies wear these so anyone who is feeling cold knock yourself out

http://lazypatch.com.au/

Last edited by asher; Jun 24th 2009 at 3:29 am.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asher
well Aussies war these so anyone who is feeling cold knock yourself out

http://lazypatch.com.au/
Not at that price..id rather buy a quilt
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Love that Snuggies advert. It looks like a bunch of clan members sitting in the stands watching sports!
If there is a family next to me wearing snuggies at the Eagles match on Saturday I think I will moveSue.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Love it... try telling the folks back in the UK that its like living in a fridge come Winter time and they simply don't believe you..
My Mum drives me crazy(no change there then)when she phones up quoting the temp in Perth and saying you should not really be cold!Sue.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: A rant

The houses are badly built here and mainly built for summer months and no one has heard of double glazing, thick curtains, insulation etc but be brave in your new life and show the natives how its done. After the coldest ,wettest few months of our lives in a Sydney rental I vowed we`d never be cold again and sought a double brick house to buy. Real estate agents looked quizzical when I stated nothing else would do. We then replaced all windows with double thick glass and thick wooden frames, put in huge solid fuel fireplace, replaced entire electric system (to reduce no of power cuts/fuses etc) installed split system air con and had blinds especially fitted into new windows and then had (expensive) double lined heavy curtains made and insulated loft. Cost a lot and we`ve run out of $ for new furniture so having to make do with stuff that does not quite suit the house but our children are not cold at home and never miss a day of school due to pnumonia etc which most children seem to experience here.I love the summers here and now the winters pose no problem and our friends love sitting by our fire warming up before going home.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Peepster
Could I interest you in a Snuggie? Moneypenny has declined my offer of one, wrong colour or something, so I have a fetching little number in burgundy going spare...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

They are awful though arent they? I think I would cry if someone bought me one of those.

That advert always makes me laugh - monk and a mental patient
mr hitch thought i might like one for mothers day i polietly declined his present - though for mr hitch it was actually a thoughtful present - i always have a blanket over my lap in winter - so he thought i would like it

oh he thought i would like the royal blue - would have rather had the choc brown colour

miss hitch aged 3 would like one though - in pink :rofl

my inlaws also comment on the temp in perth - saying it cant be that cold drives me mad

i was brought some plants for my front garden for mothers day and a pr of ugg boot slippers
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:55 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A cross between a monk and a mental patient.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
Come to WA they said where the sun shines! I remember doing the bus tour when we arrived and the commentary saying how Perth has the weather that California dreams of. Well only in its nightmares.
For those of you not here, the myth that Perth has a hot climate is just that. A myth.
Its stinking hot for 3 months a year. But what really pi@#es me off is the people who design the houses here. I know i can safly talk about them as i am sure they arent able to use a computer as these are a group of people who have moved on from crayons yet.
The issue. Simple. Its freezing cold, chucking it down with rain, high winds and hardly any houses are fitted with any heating systems. I dont just mean central heating, but there is no heat source of any description. Double glazing - never seen it. Insulation - whats that then.
The reason that Australia is so empty, has nothing to do with it being big. Its simply that huge amounts of the population have frozen to death.
Put a jumper on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.