A rant

Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A rant

Come to WA they said where the sun shines! I remember doing the bus tour when we arrived and the commentary saying how Perth has the weather that California dreams of. Well only in its nightmares.
For those of you not here, the myth that Perth has a hot climate is just that. A myth.
Its stinking hot for 3 months a year. But what really pi@#es me off is the people who design the houses here. I know i can safly talk about them as i am sure they arent able to use a computer as these are a group of people who have moved on from crayons yet.
The issue. Simple. Its freezing cold, chucking it down with rain, high winds and hardly any houses are fitted with any heating systems. I dont just mean central heating, but there is no heat source of any description. Double glazing - never seen it. Insulation - whats that then.
The reason that Australia is so empty, has nothing to do with it being big. Its simply that huge amounts of the population have frozen to death.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:06 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A rant

Originally Posted by verystormy
Come to WA they said where the sun shines! I remember doing the bus tour when we arrived and the commentary saying how Perth has the weather that California dreams of. Well only in its nightmares.
For those of you not here, the myth that Perth has a hot climate is just that. A myth.
Its stinking hot for 3 months a year. But what really pi@#es me off is the people who design the houses here. I know i can safly talk about them as i am sure they arent able to use a computer as these are a group of people who have moved on from crayons yet.
The issue. Simple. Its freezing cold, chucking it down with rain, high winds and hardly any houses are fitted with any heating systems. I dont just mean central heating, but there is no heat source of any description. Double glazing - never seen it. Insulation - whats that then.
The reason that Australia is so empty, has nothing to do with it being big. Its simply that huge amounts of the population have frozen to death.

Love it... try telling the folks back in the UK that its like living in a fridge come Winter time and they simply don't believe you..
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Which one?? Yours, mine or the OP?
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

As our PTI used to say (shout actually) 'toughen the f**k up princess'.

Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:42 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by verystormy
Could I interest you in a Snuggie? Moneypenny has declined my offer of one, wrong colour or something, so I have a fetching little number in burgundy going spare...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Which one?? Yours, mine or the OP?
I think it's pretty obvious I was referring to the OP.

Yes it's a bit chilly at the moment, but it's winter for goodness sake. It certainly isn't unbearable, as it used to get in my place in the UK. Now THAT was cold. We didn't have heating or double glazing, and there were occasions that condensation on the windows would frost on the inside.

If you're cold, get a portable heater. Simple as. The fact remains that for the majority of the year WA is warm/hot/very hot. The build of the houses reflects that.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:55 am
Account Closed

I think it's pretty obvious I was referring to the OP.

Yes it's a bit chilly at the moment, but it's winter for goodness sake. It certainly isn't unbearable, as it used to get in my place in the UK. Now THAT was cold. We didn't have heating or double glazing, and there were occasions that condensation on the windows would frost on the inside.

If you're cold, get a portable heater. Simple as. The fact remains that for the majority of the year WA is warm/hot/very hot. The build of the houses reflects that.
You had a UK house with no heating?.

There are innumerable posts from people complaining about how cold the houses are in Winter so there must be an issue somewhere. We all know that the houses dissipate heat pretty damn quick and that's great come Summer... but shite in the Winter. Much better would be a house with double glazing and decent insulation and aircon. Likely to be far more comfortable and a damn sight cheaper to heat.

I know prices changes and exchange rates make a nonsense of these comparisons but my last Winter bill here in Oz was precisely DOUBLE what my last UK Winter bill was.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:58 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
As our PTI used to say (shout actually) 'toughen the f**k up princess'.

I mate used to say "Dry your eyes princess".

Still cracks me up
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:01 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

YWe all know that the houses dissipate heat pretty damn quick and that's great come Summer...
If they were properly insulated to begin with, there wouldn't be heat to dissipate. Houses down south are built cheap and shoddy.

I've found houses up north (older Queenslanders) far better suited to the climate (shutters, open floors, high ceilings etc).
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:03 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

The difference is though, you are guarenteed to get a summer here! Yeah is baltic today, pissing it down out side and very windy - but in a few months it will be warm again and the heating will be off . . . and then you'll be moaning it's too hot!!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Could I interest you in a Snuggie? Moneypenny has declined my offer of one, wrong colour or something, so I have a fetching little number in burgundy going spare...

Those snuggies are hilarious - have you seen the advert with the kid wearing one, almost drowning in it.

Burgundy did you say? Ill have it.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

You had a UK house with no heating?.

There are innumerable posts from people complaining about how cold the houses are in Winter so there must be an issue somewhere. We all know that the houses dissipate heat pretty damn quick and that's great come Summer... but shite in the Winter. Much better would be a house with double glazing and decent insulation and aircon. Likely to be far more comfortable and a damn sight cheaper to heat.

I know prices changes and exchange rates make a nonsense of these comparisons but my last Winter bill here in Oz was precisely DOUBLE what my last UK Winter bill was.
Not sure about anyone else but in our house the living areas including hallways are all tiled, this makes it cooler in summer but very cold in winter..good job winter dosent last for long!!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsvk
Not sure about anyone else but in our house the living areas including hallways are all tiled, this makes it cooler in summer but very cold in winter..good job winter dosent last for long!!
Last winter I was wearing shorts and T shirt as I hadnt adjusted to the climate.

I cannot believe and totally underestimated how cold I would feel and my friend has lent me his gas fire for a month while he is away to see how we get on with it.

The cat sits in front of it every night (he loved our fire in the UK) and I cant believe how much more comfortable it makes the house.

So in a months time, guess who is going out gas fire shopping

IMO, if it is too cold - there is usually something you can do to rectify it.

As you say, good job winter doesnt last for too long, its hard waking up when its dark and coming home when its dark.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 1:16 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

Those snuggies are hilarious - have you seen the advert with the kid wearing one, almost drowning in it.

Burgundy did you say? Ill have it.
Is that the one they advertise on TV? They might be warm but you would look like a tool wearing one. A cross between a monk and a mental patient.

Wearing pyjamas in the supermarket? Imagine someone turning up in a snuggie......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.