Racism - Australia

Old May 7th 2008, 3:12 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism - Australia

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Who said I supported Australia in football (soccer)?
Good for you! I never actually implied that you did.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:25 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Psst!. I'll let you into a secret. I put "my experience" because DunRoaming put "[his] experience". The point you just made was exactly the point I was making.

One of my favourite quotes (by Anais Nin) sums this up.
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."

I've never been one to take doctrine and cant at face value, regardless of the "religion"

Well thank you kindly for letting me into your secret, now I'll let you know one of mine,
I've never been one to take doctrine and cant at face value, regardless of the "religion"
me neither.

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Mind you, Australians are funny people. I met this Australian taxi driver a while back who was a comical genius and didn't even know it. He claimed that Australia were going to win the FIFA World Cup within the next ten years. Absolute gem.

That we made it further than Australia in the last World Cup. Mind you, they did alright for a nation that can't even get the name of the sport correct? It's football and not soccer. What's soccer?
What do you expect from an 'International' team that cannot be called by their countries name, but instead choose an immature playground name.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:29 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What do you expect from an 'International' team that cannot be called by their countries name, but instead choose an immature playground name.
Well, that might be due to the fact that this is Austramerica?
Old May 7th 2008, 3:38 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

But even they call their international team 'USA'. Socceroos, I ask you.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:41 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

I think a team of Roo's would probably do better and that's the irony.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure you can blame the 'team' for that . I don't have a problem with the name, it makes it clear which Australian International Footie team they're talking about. Now if they were to call each style of football by it's real name, then they wouldn't need to give them nicknames. God forbid anyone has a harmless nickname
Old May 7th 2008, 3:49 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Not sure you can blame the 'team' for that . I don't have a problem with the name, it makes it clear which Australian International Footie team they're talking about. Now if they were to call each style of football by it's real name, then they wouldn't need to give them nicknames. God forbid anyone has a harmless nickname
There is only one Australian International Football team and they are the only country in the world to have a stupidly ridiculous name.
Old May 7th 2008, 4:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one Australian International Football team and they are the only country in the world to have a stupidly ridiculous name.
Must be the parallel world I live in. People I talk to call Rugby League and Union Footie. I think my main point is though does it matter? I think I must be weird, stuff like that slides past me unnoticed. But then I've read loads of that sort of stuff on here and must have a virtual question mark hanging over me - a bit like this but I'm not yellow or bald
Old May 7th 2008, 4:33 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

...the only country in the world to have a stupidly ridiculous name.
the azurri
les bleus

I'm sure there are plenty of others... Isnt it better to have a team named after a combination of the game they play and an internationaly recognised national symbol than named after an arbitrarily chosen colour?

..and yes of [i]couse[/] we all know the difference between football, rugby league, rubgy union, aussie rules and gridiron - but these poor fools in the colonies have managed to confuse themselves with the tricky little differences so a clarifying team name doesnt sound such a silly idea to me.
Old May 7th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 7th 2008, 8:06 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Read it and weep buddy, read it and weep!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FI...up#Round_of_16
What am I supposed to be weeping about?
That we made it further than Australia in the last World Cup. Mind you, they did alright for a nation that can't even get the name of the sport correct? It's football and not soccer. What's soccer?
Good for you! I never actually implied that you did.
You said that I should weep. When I asked about what. You said it was because we [England] made it further than Australia in the last World Cup.

So what were you implying and why should I be weeping?

As for what's soccer? It's short for Association Football, a term invented by the English to distinguish the code from Rugby Football. Similarly, Aussies use soccer to distinguish the game from the older code of Aussie Rules Football.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

now I'll let you know one of mine,me neither.
I'm impressed. That "patriotic" facade is very convincing.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:12 am
Account Closed

I thought they were called "The Eagles".
Old May 7th 2008, 8:17 am
'In limboland'

I'm impressed. That "patriotic" facade is very convincing.
That's no facade buddy boy.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:36 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

You said that I should weep. When I asked about what. You said it was because we [England] made it further than Australia in the last World Cup.

So what were you implying and why should I be weeping?

As for what's soccer? It's short for Association Football, a term invented by the English to distinguish the code from Rugby Football. Similarly, Aussies use soccer to distinguish the game from the older code of Aussie Rules Football.
Have a look at the Football Federation Australia Website and note the round ball that people kick with their feet.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/default.aspx?s=home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.