Racism - Australia

Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:14 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism - Australia

I recall being in the Greenbank RSL.

And we ( mate of mine, pom staying with us on holiday ) were drinking with soem Somalan lads, well think thats where they were from or Tonga lol... tats all over, big heads, and funny haircuts, but nice tats.. n thats just the women.

I recall going the bar, and the bouncer said to me.. they give you any trouble mate, give me a shout...

I was taken aback.

We had a great night, until we played the arm wrestling and headbutting drinking games.

I still have a fkd shoulder and headache lol

Ste
Old Apr 26th 2008, 1:57 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm called American all the time. Now if there's an insult to be hurled, that's it.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:01 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm called American all the time. Now if there's an insult to be hurled, that's it.
My step mother is Canadian too and has always said that is the worst insult of all...!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Fella I worked with, Old Walter is a Texan... and many ppl over here , say: where in Canada you from.

He gets seriously pissed at that.

LOLOL
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:38 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's your own fault if you talk with a yankee accent
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:41 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
When i worked on the oil rigs we called the Canucks " snap frozen yanks" that always got a bite................mm
Old Apr 26th 2008, 3:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I don't speak with an American accent. I speak with a very clear Canadian accent.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Have been on the receiving end of some anti pommie nastisness.... from some ozzie women who work at my place... Didn't bite, just laughed... It is out there, what you do with it is usually up to you...

I REALLY laughed when they started on about 'cashed up pomms' coming over and pushing the price of their houses up so the 'locals' couldn't afford them (they all live city, I'm the one in a $270 per week rental in Rockingham!
That really was funny...
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:10 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

armed with nothing but fully loaded plastic, I hit the streets for Super AMART.

my mission is to get the 'best price' on a low line entertainment unit shop list price of $399...

First stop Kessels Road store and met by a friendly 'Chink' with an allergy problem. "whats yer best price?" no slock flor 2 vicks, replied nice friendly assistant, "mate you need Vicks not weeks to get that asian flu under control."

"You can have for $380". Not bad, but need to collect one today, next store.....

the one just off Pacific Mwy[springwood, rochedale rd] and their assistant was English, yehaa, woohoo, the Great British discount, methinks, "whats your best price me ol'mucker?'

"You can have a $9 discount," he replied. WTF the Chink at your other store, gave me $19 off, your takin the pish!" You mean tight arsed fkn POM!!!!!

Next, got to the Capalaba store, and a nice friendly, true blue, ridgy didge Aussie gives a $25 discount and the card was promptly swiped at $375. No worries.

So there you go, a fkn Polak Pom going about his business that could have easily been shafted by another fkn Pom....whats the world coming too when one of your own are beaten by Kung Foo and Didgeryfkndoo

God help us in the Olympics. From a fkn pish poor Polak tall Poppy syndrome Pom?'

Last edited by The OH; Apr 26th 2008 at 5:12 am. Reason: Silence...you racist barsteward - I kill you!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:21 am
Banned

That was well worth K !!

K for Effort.
K for humour

Superb !
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I was on a building site, in Oz.

And the supervisor spotted 4 british fellas taunting a italian fella.

He shouted over.

MICK MAC PADDY WHACK leave the WOG alone !
V funny like that one
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Racism - Australia

I've never understood why certain Poms complain about racism towards themselves, but feel that it is perfectly acceptable to call oriental people "Chinks".

I cringe every time I hear it over here. It's totally unacceptable Down Under, but in the UK nobody seems to care.

Anyone using that word in Australia is asking for a slap - and should get one.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

They call chinks 'power points' here - is that acceptable??
Old Apr 26th 2008, 7:50 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
They call chinks 'power points' here - is that acceptable??
Must be a QLD thing..............mm
Old Apr 26th 2008, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I was on a building site, in Oz.

And the supervisor spotted 4 british fellas taunting a italian fella.

He shouted over.

MICK MAC PADDY WHACK leave the WOG alone !
Bloody funny that one, even called the missus in to have a look.

Tis amazing that this thread hasn't degenerated as it generally does, when racism is mentioned.

My main point for posting is, that personally I think racism really stems from the person on the end of the abuse. I mean if you can laugh it off, which obviously the Italians/Greeks did here in Melbourne, hence the term Wog becoming an accepted term by the Mediterranean community. The Mediterranean community here, need to be commended on how to turn adversity, which they obviously faced in the 50's and 60's into a plus, as they now own most of the successful businesses, in these parts at least.

I sense the Chinese are capable of doing exactly the same, if my encounters are anything to go by.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.