Racism - Australia

Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:15 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racism - Australia

Following on from a few threads of late, and remarks ppl have heard, and situations they have experienced, whilst in Australia.

Whats your thoughts or experiences of racism ?

Does it exist, or when you hear the words, "bloody poms" or "whinging pom" or the like, is it just friendly banter ?

Is their malice in what is said ?

I personally think not. I mean a fellow aussie to a fellow aussie, is referred to as a bloody wanker ( scuse my french ) so to be called that or a f***ing pom ... is it that dissimilar.. or is there an element of racism ?

Ive never experienced the negative aspect, only the matey banter..

Just a thought ....

Ste
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:18 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism - Australia

if somebody called me a brummie i would be highly offended...dunno if thats racism tho'
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:21 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
if somebody called me a brummie i would be highly offended...dunno if thats racism tho'
Must admit, that used to annoy the shit out of me . Esp. as I was from Cov too !
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:22 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I came from a country where anyone from Wales was a taff,anyone from
Scotland was a jock,anyone from Ireland was a paddy,anyone from France was a frog....etc,etc

Why, oh why do people get cranky when someone calls them a pom....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:23 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Must admit, that used to annoy the shit out of me . Esp. as I was from Cov too !
Depends on what side of cov you're from.

The Tile hill posse do sound a bit brummie.....i'm from the other side
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Scotland was a jock,anyone from Ireland was a paddy,anyone from France was a frog....etc,etc

I think its this chip on the shoulder aspect mate. Im in agreement with you. Not meaning to offend, but a fella from India is a Paki ( thats not me being racist, its just what we used to say , even tho geographically its flawed.)
Same here, a ity ( italian ) is a wog...

Whats the big deal being called a Fkn Pom ?

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Depends on what side of cov you're from.

The Tile hill posse do sound a bit brummie.....i'm from the other side
Could always say your from Leicester I spose
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:26 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Could be worse they might call you a scouser
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:27 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

I think its this chip on the shoulder aspect mate. Im in agreement with you. Not meaning to offend, but a fella from India is a Paki ( thats not me being racist, its just what we used to say , even tho geographically its flawed.)
Same here, a ity ( italian ) is a wog...

Whats the big deal being called a Fkn Pom ?

Could always say your from Leicester I spose
dont bloody start man
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

That reminded me

A guy i work with was walking buy a school the other day and two polish kids were behind the fence shouting look at the fat paddy

PS they were right
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
That reminded me

A guy i work with was walking buy a school the other day and two polish kids were behind the fence shouting look at the fat paddy

PS they were right
I was on a building site, in Oz.

And the supervisor spotted 4 british fellas taunting a italian fella.

He shouted over.

MICK MAC PADDY WHACK leave the WOG alone !
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:35 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Took some clients out last weekend for a reccie of Melbourne - they are wealthy but very down to earth. Anyway on the first day I took them to Hawthorn, Canterbury, Toorak and around. Showed them some of the private schools and houses which were OFI. On the Saturday evening they went to the footy with some of the directors of the company who are trying to woo them here. When the lady told one of the wifes where she had been that day and the schools she looked at the wife said "oh you want to get them into XXXX school, very anglo saxon" My client was horrified - her children have lived in China, Singapore and Europe and are very multi cultural, in fact she wants them to learn Chinese as a second language. I think the company may have shot themselves in the foot with that one!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Following on from a few threads of late, and remarks ppl have heard, and situations they have experienced, whilst in Australia.

Does it exist, or when you hear the words, "bloody poms" or "whinging pom" or the like, is it just friendly banter ?

I personally think not. I mean a fellow aussie to a fellow aussie, is referred to as a bloody wanker ( scuse my french ) so to be called that or a f***ing pom ... is it that dissimilar.. or is there an element of racism ?

Just a thought ....

Ste

I have a good mate, shes from townsville, 100% aussie, great friend, but OMG at times, shes working in the health industry, tact required, but she freqently refers to clients/co workers as slope heads, coons, blackies, and freely airs her views for all to hear, she quite often gets others joining in,nobody seems that shocked. We also had neighbours from toowoomba, again educated people, the comments about anyone who didnt match up to dulux pure white were pretty shocking, but they hated poms too, told me I was alright as I had 'mixed' with an aussie.

Building sites are usually free for all, sensitive ears just leave them at home
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:49 pm
Brisbane Bound Mar 09

WelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant future

Lol quite true as from Cardiff myself have been called a Taff a few times...when I went to Turkey I got called a white chicken Oh was laughing as I was getting quite p off as they kept saying it apparently thats what they call us brits Oh had been there b4 on my second visit I didnt get upset and could laugh about it
I am on facebook too and have a few aussie friends and one of them sent me the aussie insult for aussies and its very insulting and thats the banter they have with each other...
It did worry me when I read the post as we dont have that kinda thing where we live so thought about the kids it all depends what context it is taken I'll have to teach the kids some of the banter so they can give some back too

Debszx
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:53 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Just a thought ....

Ste

I wouldn't take it seriouslypeople have a go at scousers all the time and me being one of them laugh it off, its not meant by most
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:56 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Thydney
Could be worse they might call you a scouser
I am one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.