Racism - Australia

Old May 4th 2008, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Racism - Australia

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I guess thats what this V.D.O Meant !!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ycR_ZHw_MkA
That is so funny. And very brave. I know from my years in England that some English peeps don't like having the mickey taken out of them.
Old May 4th 2008, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by IvanM
Channel 9 Cricket commentary seems to think Paki is totally acceptable and nobody bats an eyelid. The only difference between racism here and in the UK is that Australians seem to be more open and vocal in their racism. Racist Brits either have a yobby racist attitude or that smug middle class superiority complex that only sublety lets people know their attitude.

Personally I only mind the use of the word pom when it is used negatively and not in jest.

The only truly anti-pommie experience I had was after the Rugby world cup. Some sore loser thought that I should be supporting the Wallabies despite not being a citizen at the time. I copped a mouthful but couldn't stop laughing at the tosser. It was a great night.
The thing is, the word Paki is not in itself racist. In Aus it's not been turned into a racist word. In the UK it has. Because the Aussies continue to use it does not mean that they are more racist. Many Aussies don't know that it's a racist word in the UK and there's no rule (or requirement) that says that Aussie English needs to be kept in lock-step with UK English.

Similarly, if you tell an Aussie that their work is Pants, they won't understand, as they haven't picked up the UK's new meaning for this word
Old May 4th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Well all i can say is that i am totally stuffed when i get over to Oz then, my boilogical parents are from Yorkshire and my adopted dad is half Scotch and half Irish, i was born in good ol' Lancashire, which makes me a northern lass, there really is no hope for me is there? POM or anything else it's not supposed to be serious and, purely in my opinion the UK has taken OC correctness to extreams, i mean why on earth to people take offence to someone asking for a black coffee???
Old May 4th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
That is so funny. And very brave. I know from my years in England that some English peeps don't like having the mickey taken out of them.
Really? I would be hard pressed to think of another nation so willing to laugh at themselves.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:00 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

That to me was nothing but an under handed wind up before a match and should never have been allowed. It's just not cricket. Funny in a karaoke situation, pub etc., but NOT before a match.

Originally Posted by rabsody
Really? I would be hard pressed to think of another nation so willing to laugh at themselves.
I agree wholeheartedly F.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rabsody
Yes - Really! Note that I said SOME not ALL (and by SOME I don't in anyway imply ALL). I don't mean to be patronising but too often people seem to assume what I mean rather than reading what I wrote.

I can think of other nations who are willing to laugh at themselves. The Aussies are a prime example. Have a look at the words at the beginning of the video shown above.

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
That to me was nothing but an under handed wind up before a match and should never have been allowed. It's just not cricket. Funny in a karaoke situation, pub etc., but NOT before a match.

I agree wholeheartedly F.
There we go. Proof positive
Old May 5th 2008, 2:21 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - Really! Note that I said SOME not ALL (and by SOME I don't in anyway imply ALL). I don't mean to be patronising but too often people seem to assume what I mean rather than reading what I wrote.

I can think of other nations who are willing to laugh at themselves. The Aussies are a prime example. Have a look at the words at the beginning of the video shown above.

There we go. Proof positive
Have a look at the words in my post and you will see that I said it would be funny in another situation. That was not sporting........,ooops, but I forgot for a nano second that the aussies are far from sporting.

Oh and btw, I knew you'd say that.
Old May 5th 2008, 2:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Have a look at the words in my post and you will see that I said it would be funny in another situation. That was not sporting........,ooops, but I forgot for a nano second that the aussies are far from sporting.

Oh and btw, I knew you'd say that.
Keep going. The proof is in the pudding
Old May 5th 2008, 1:01 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Be honest POMS whinge

They ( predominantly ) have a chip on their shoulder.

Are almost always agressive, on the lookout, on the defensive.

Shame but true

Ste
Old May 5th 2008, 9:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Be honest POMS whinge

Shame but true

Ste
but not exclusively poms........I know a good few born & bred Aussies that can outwhinge me ......
Old May 5th 2008, 9:25 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
but not exclusively poms........I know a good few born & bred Aussies that can outwhinge me ......
FMD aint that the truth.

I have a few aussie mates who whinge whilst whinging about poms so called whinging. lol
Old May 6th 2008, 2:47 am
'In limboland'

Be honest POMS whinge

Shame but true

Ste
Nope, can't agree. Some do of course, same as you'll get from any nation, but I don't go in for the word 'whinging'.

FMD aint that the truth.

I have a few aussie mates who whinge whilst whinging about poms so called whinging. lol
There you go. Moaning and complaining along with the best of us.
Old May 6th 2008, 2:56 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Kraut here
Old May 6th 2008, 2:58 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Kraut here
Hahaha, meaning?
Old May 6th 2008, 3:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Kraut here
Are you sour Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.