Racism

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:01 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough
Default Racism

Hi

i am posting this thread not to discusss political/religious disputes
I just want to know Australian law about Racism

This morning i heard in radio that hatefull comments are racist but jokes about race or gender are not !!!

now i have some questions about this.

1- in case of discussing Obama/Clinton election and mention women qualifications to lead, will that be considered sexist?!

2- Kosovo/Serbia dispute and if Kosovo has the right to seperate, if the talk was about racial/religious history in that area and who belongs to who?

3- Israeli/Palestinian dispute and who has the right in the land and talking about the history of religiouns and who has the right and who hasnt, beside current situation of killing and stuff and personal openion about it

4- Prophet Mohammad Danish Cartoons, are they racist?!

5- Holocaust denial is it racist?!!
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racism

OMG,, dont start one of these threads again, only just getting over the apology thread.............. loads of peeps on here that will get off on this one...

if you want a good reaction go to the take it outside forum.

S-j x
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:40 am
Banned

NewOZ will become famous soon enoughNewOZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
OMG,, dont start one of these threads again, only just getting over the apology thread.............. loads of peeps on here that will get off on this one...

if you want a good reaction go to the take it outside forum.

S-j x
i dont want to discuss these issues,
i just want to understand Australian Law about racism
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:29 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewOZ
Hi

This morning i heard in radio that hatefull comments are racist but jokes about race or gender are not !!!

1- in case of discussing Obama/Clinton election and mention women qualifications to lead, will that be considered sexist?!

2- Kosovo/Serbia dispute and if Kosovo has the right to seperate, if the talk was about racial/religious history in that area and who belongs to who?

3- Israeli/Palestinian dispute and who has the right in the land and talking about the history of religiouns and who has the right and who hasnt, beside current situation of killing and stuff and personal openion about it

1/ No
2/ Is there a question in there?
3/ Yet again having trouble finding a question
4/ No
5/ No

Apart from you problems in question formation I think you also have difficulty seperating religious from racial issues

But from your first point humour is a funny thing you can say things in jokes that people find highly offensive if just spoken does the injection of humour make the content any less offensive? It depends, are they right to be offended in the first place? It depends, does the right to free speech give us the right to say what we please in joke or non humours form? also depends.

Last edited by ex_exile; Feb 23rd 2008 at 7:35 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:25 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/indices/subject/846.html
http://www.racismnoway.com.au/librar...html#Heading34
http://www.trinity.wa.edu.au/plduffy...ues/racism.htm
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

jevgeny is an unknown quantity at this point

How are you to russian boys?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jevgeny
How are you to russian boys?
Your point?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Palestina, Kosovo, discussed the cartoons, why not talk about Russia?

Your point?
I dont know. I is not yet in Australia, unfortunately. I think everything is about language.

Last edited by jevgeny; Feb 23rd 2008 at 9:56 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:32 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jevgeny
Palestina, Kosovo, discussed the cartoons, why not talk about Russia?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:42 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Hi

1. Ask Baroness Thatcher
2. Every country has the right to govern themselves in a just, free society.
3. 2 religions that have been murdering each other for 2 thousand years, isnt going to be fixed over night
4. never saw them so cant comment
5. In some contries yes it is. I blieve it is strongly frowned upon over here.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

If you have rules defining what can be said, do you still have free speech?

I find the much reduced PC here very refreshing.

Mike.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

And the centuries-old hatreds between engineers vs. working?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:31 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

4 - No

5 - not racist, just stupid to deny it happened.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:58 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.racismnoway.com.au/library/legislation/

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/con...2709250~db=all

Ste
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should start a separate thread to discuss each one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.