Rabbit proof fence

Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:41 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabbit proof fence

Originally Posted by sme
Isn't that where you live
I used to, now I live in South Australia.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Picnic at Hanging Rock is entirely fictional too.... I've met people who think it's real.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:50 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Picnic at Hanging Rock is entirely fictional too.... I've met people who think it's real.
The question is...........................what about Mad max?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:51 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There is no evidence that forcible removal ever happened, and 3 high profile court cases have defended that argument, of the 1067 admitted to the "Neville" settlement only 64 were orphan or unattended children, After he died, his mother received about 500 letters from Aborigines praising his efforts on their behalf.

If you read the book it has absolutely no reference to a forcible removal, and it was written by Doris Pilkington who I think may know more about it than both of us.

Dont misunderstand me, I love the film, love the book more and support any native claims to land rights, as any previous post I have made clearly shows, but mis-information helps no-one.
Have a read of Australias Coloured Minority a text by Neville.

I'm not referring to the film that was based on recollections not fact.

The fact remains Neville presided over the stolen generation policy and was an avid proponent of absortion....
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
Have a read of Australias Coloured Minority a text by Neville.

I'm not referring to the film that was based on recollections not fact.

The fact remains Neville presided over the stolen generation policy and was an avid proponent of absortion....
He seemed to be simply a white collar worker implementing a government policy.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:05 am
Keeping it fairly real

He seemed to be simply a white collar worker implementing a government policy.
I'll tell that to me Aboriginal mates at work tomorrow....
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:09 am
Straw Man.

I'll tell that to me Aboriginal mates at work tomorrow....
you do that, then let me know how they feel, because they can do lots about it eh?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:15 am
Keeping it fairly real

you do that, then let me know how they feel, because they can do lots about it eh?
I'd be out of a job, especially if I mention it to a lady who's grandmother was removed.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:19 am
Straw Man.

I'd be out of a job, especially if I mention it to a lady who's grandmother was removed.
Look, before we decent into histrionics all I said was that the film was NOT a true story, it was a fictionalised version of a very good book, and as per usual the facts were sacrificed for the desire to create controversy and ultimately sell tickets.

I am not endorsing "removals" just that the facts have to be observed.

Oh and I personally blame where he was born for his radical views!

Last edited by rugbymatt; Apr 9th 2007 at 10:22 am.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

hi all
Thanks for the replies, i will look out for the films mentioned. I watched Picnic at Hanging rock last night and promptly fell asleep as i was that bored.
Thanks all Jackie
Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blowfly
I have seen Rabbit Proof fence and really enjoyed it, also Picnic at hanging Rock and I though that one was boring.I recently bought The Colony on dvd as a missed the programme on the history channel and on SBS. I really enjoyed this it takes four familes, one British, one Irish , one Australian family and an Aboriginal family and follows them over a number of weeks having to live the lives of the early settlers. The scenery was beautiful but the history about the early days was facinating.
This was on Telewest/Virgin Teleport a while ago. Started watching it, but didn't get round to finishing it. I had heard that one of the girls on there committed suicide afterwards, not sure how true that is....
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:17 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

If ya's want real heart breaking stuff check out the Leaving of Liverpool. Was a two part series they did a while back. Most of the victims are still fighting what happened. Shocked me way more than rabbit proof fence. And both involving many of the same agencies (well kind of)

Anyways I am waiting to find out what Walla's mates at work said when he told them what Rubymatt off of BE said. I bet they were fuming...

http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/s1123499.htm
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:33 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by seang
If ya's want real heart breaking stuff check out the Leaving of Liverpool. Was a two part series they did a while back. Most of the victims are still fighting what happened. Shocked me way more than rabbit proof fence. And both involving many of the same agencies (well kind of)

Anyways I am waiting to find out what Walla's mates at work said when he told them what Rubymatt off of BE said. I bet they were fuming...

Yeah, but they are, and I bet it matters a very little amount, you know, in the grand scheme of things!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by medwaymark
This was on Telewest/Virgin Teleport a while ago. Started watching it, but didn't get round to finishing it. I had heard that one of the girls on there committed suicide afterwards, not sure how true that is....
Yes the 17 year old Yorkshire girl committed suicide a couple of days before the programme went to air in Australia. It was really sad she had apparently been missing for a couple of days and was found hanging from a tree I believe in the estate her father managed.

It is a really good programme and gives a really good insight into their lives in those times.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by seang

I saw the leaving of Liverpool and yes it was shocking. I met someone here that is one of those children.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.