Rabbit proof fence

Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rabbit proof fence

Hi All
I watched Rabbit proof fence last night, i thought it was very good. Good for the kids to get a good idea of Australian history. I have also bought "Picnic at hanging rock" i will watch that tonight when hubby has finished watching Red Dwarf re runs.
Has anyone else seen these films (don't tell me the ending of Picnic at hanging rock though as i've not watched it yet).and what did you think of them. Also are there any other good Australian films i could watch?
Thanks Jackie
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabbit proof fence

Originally Posted by jwood
Hi All
I watched Rabbit proof fence last night, i thought it was very good. Good for the kids to get a good idea of Australian history. I have also bought "Picnic at hanging rock" i will watch that tonight when hubby has finished watching Red Dwarf re runs.
Has anyone else seen these films (don't tell me the ending of Picnic at hanging rock though as i've not watched it yet).and what did you think of them. Also are there any other good Australian films i could watch?
Thanks Jackie
It is NOT a true story, just to let you know, it paints a very poor picture of Neville.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:15 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Thanks Jackie
I watched them am now reading a history of Australia some of it is very boring some very interesting. I feel that I need to know more than just the usual tourist hype if I'm going to live there.

Kim
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
I watched them am now reading a history of Australia some of it is very boring some very interesting. I feel that I need to know more than just the usual tourist hype if I'm going to live there.

Kim
I would have thought this thread should have been posted in the Oz forum. You probably would get a much better response.

I watched the film a few years ago...I was very disappointed in it.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:37 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It is NOT a true story, just to let you know, it paints a very poor picture of Neville.

And so it should, after all he was in charge during the stolen generation era....
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Thanks Jackie
The Castle, The Dish and Kenny
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:47 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
The Castle, The Dish and Kenny
The Castle is without doubt the best Australian film I have ever seen, didnt really enjoy Rabbit Proof Fence, but it did give a different perspective on things, and was good to see some of the real Aus.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All
Thanks Jackie
I have seen Rabbit Proof fence and really enjoyed it, also Picnic at hanging Rock and I though that one was boring.I recently bought The Colony on dvd as a missed the programme on the history channel and on SBS. I really enjoyed this it takes four familes, one British, one Irish , one Australian family and an Aboriginal family and follows them over a number of weeks having to live the lives of the early settlers. The scenery was beautiful but the history about the early days was facinating.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:02 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
And so it should, after all he was in charge during the stolen generation era....
Facts?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:42 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Facts?
Facts?

He defended the policies of forced settlement, removing children from families and punishment. What facts do you want?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:49 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Wolf Point, or was it wolf Creek, one or the other. Iit made me totally convinced that i would never return to Aus!!

Based on a true story, and the murderer got off and is now living in South Australia!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC

Based on a true story, and the murderer got off and is now living in South Australia!
He should feel quite at home there then
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:53 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by MJC
Wolf Point, or was it wolf Creek, one or the other. Iit made me totally convinced that i would never return to Aus!!

Wolf Creek.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:05 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Wolf Creek.
Isn't that where you live
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:13 am
Straw Man.

Facts?

He defended the policies of forced settlement, removing children from families and punishment. What facts do you want?
There is no evidence that forcible removal ever happened, and 3 high profile court cases have defended that argument, of the 1067 admitted to the "Neville" settlement only 64 were orphan or unattended children, After he died, his mother received about 500 letters from Aborigines praising his efforts on their behalf.

If you read the book it has absolutely no reference to a forcible removal, and it was written by Doris Pilkington who I think may know more about it than both of us.

Dont misunderstand me, I love the film, love the book more and support any native claims to land rights, as any previous post I have made clearly shows, but mis-information helps no-one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.