Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Closest thing to Centre Parcs in Australia.

Closest thing to Centre Parcs in Australia.

Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Ramigojag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Closest thing to Centre Parcs in Australia.

Hi all,

I’ve been living in aus for 7 months now. I have fond memories from being a kid of family holidays to centre parcs and want to know if anyone knows of a similar style retreat holiday setup with the swimming pools, spa’s outdoor sports etc.

Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Closest thing to Centre Parcs in Australia.

Closest thing...Measuring across Asia and Europe, it would be near Onslow, north east tip of the continent..
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of Center Parcs..... Best look it up I guess. Probably wasn't there when I left in 1980.

There are plenty of resorts in Australia, which is leaving me confused as to exactly what Center Parcs is. So will start googling as soon as I leave this post.

Is it like the Sun Centre in Rhyl ? Without the Accom ? There definitely isn't anything like the Sun Center Rhyl here that's for sure
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've never heard of Center Parcs..... Best look it up I guess. Probably wasn't there when I left in 1980.

There are plenty of resorts in Australia, which is leaving me confused as to exactly what Center Parcs is. So will start googling as soon as I leave this post.

Is it like the Sun Centre in Rhyl ? Without the Accom ? There definitely isn't anything like the Sun Center Rhyl here that's for sure
Centreparks ...a name from my childhood..up there with Milton Keynes...almost mythical..
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Looks pretty good actually, There are portions of it everywhere, but nowhere complete, that I'm aware of.

I'd never heard of it until today.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:36 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to build yourself a home, there is something similar planned as part of a housing estate :

http://myjubilee.com.au/explore/indoor-water-park/

on a slightly smaller scale to this :

Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ramigojag
Hi all,

I’ve been living in aus for 7 months now. I have fond memories from being a kid of family holidays to centre parcs and want to know if anyone knows of a similar style retreat holiday setup with the swimming pools, spa’s outdoor sports etc.

Thanks
Nothing springs to mind instantly (lots of time spent at Center Parcs when home with the family so I know what they are like)
Aussies seem to go more for theme parks -screaming kids on rides, like Dreamworld, that sort of thing. There are resorts but they are mostly pools and kids activities, less of the spa and massage type idea. Having said that, if you search through sites like Booking.com you may come up with a resort that does cater for the adult as much as the child, but I think its unlikely.

Love Center Parcs Longleat, that has enough to keep the whole family going for days
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nothing springs to mind instantly (lots of time spent at Center Parcs when home with the family so I know what they are like)
Aussies seem to go more for theme parks -screaming kids on rides, like Dreamworld, that sort of thing. There are resorts but they are mostly pools and kids activities, less of the spa and massage type idea. Having said that, if you search through sites like Booking.com you may come up with a resort that does cater for the adult as much as the child, but I think its unlikely.

Love Center Parcs Longleat, that has enough to keep the whole family going for days

A lot of Aussies do this sort of thing as well...... I've been to the one at Merimbula. Nothing like that Centre Parcs place though.... That's more like Australian adult resorts. This is probably the closest thing they'll get unless they go to an Adult holiday resort.

https://www.nrmaparksandresorts.com.au/ocean-beach/

Tween Waters Merimbula NSW - Facilities

By Adult resort I mean something like this.

http://www.sheratongrandmiragegoldco...IFIC&SWAQ=3T4A

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 6th 2017 at 6:40 am.