Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

question thats been asked 1 million times (about Tapping WA)

Wikiposts

question thats been asked 1 million times (about Tapping WA)

Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:01 am
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default question thats been asked 1 million times (about Tapping WA)

Hi guys been reading a post from FM who has been a great help to me over the last year and was sad to hear he is coming back to the UK.

My question is well i know everyone is different but should i now move as he stays in the same area i am planning to move to Tapping in Perth .
On his thread he has raised a lot of issues which i can relate to but all the posts are backing him up.
Are there any people out there who can give me a diffrent view on why i should come and the reasons i would enjoy.

Sorry guys i know this is a pain in the ass question but any positive comments might help me as i think i wear blinkers and only look for positive comments and when i have seen not so positive ones its put a spanner in my works

Mick
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Smile Re: question thats been asked 1 million times

Hello mate, long time no speak eh......

Are you still coming over this year or waiting to sell the house first?

I know FM personally, we have spent time with each others families and our kids go to school with their kids.

As i have said to FM loads of times......Nowone knows how you should feel and only you can make the choices. You can take advice until you are blue in the face but at the end of the day, you do your best for you and your family (or at least what you think is the best decision at that moment in time anyway). There is no right or wrong choice and i have never been critical of their decision to move back. They tried it, didnt work out and are going back, thats it. Everyone is different and everyone will have a different experience. I have wished them the best of luck. I know that they are doing it for themselves and its the right decision for them.

Anyway, back to your question regarding coming over.

We like Tapping and even though we wouldnt know our neighbours if we fell over them in the street, we have made some good friends since we have got here (16 months ago). The wife and kids have also settled really well too which helps. We are building a new house in Ashton Heights and the wife has started a part-time job to bring some extra cash in. We cant complain at the moment.

We came over here with our eyes wide open, excited at what would happen but determined to give it a bloomin good go from day one. We had been to Perth before and knew where we were headed, i researched jobs and made contacts before we arrived really trying to give us a head start in getting set up as quickly as possible.

We are enjoying life in Perth right now and are spending time together going out as a family enjoying what WA has to offer far more than we ever did in the UK. We visit parks, go fishing, swimming, have picnics and go camping. I have even started playing Sunday football again which gets all the family out together. I think the missus only ever seen me play one game in the UK and that was only because i dragged her to watch a final i was playing in. Over here she comes and brings the kids, meets the other 'WAG's' lol. All the kids play together and have a good time. She has even started playing netball again too herself (what a sight, but dont tell her i said that !!)........

The weather has been a bit of a shocker over the last couple of months but fingers crossed the warmer weather is on its way. Looking forward to our second summer as the kids love playing on the beaches and having BBQ's in the park with friends.

I could go on for ages really but i dont want to bore the tits of yeh.....

To sum up, Perth has been good so far, we still miss the UK or rather we still miss our real close friends in the UK but we are enjoying it and trying not to compare things too much. We want to make Perth our home and are determined to give it a good shot.

Dont be put off by the negative posts as everyone is entitled to an opinion and i suppose thats the whole point of the forum isnt it, so you can weigh up different views.

Once you get here, you will soon make your mind up as to whether you like it or not and then you can make your choices. As for us, we have made a choice as to stay and carry on enjoying what Australia has to offer but at the end of the day, 'Everyone to their own eh'..............

Take Care,

Rob
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:02 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: question thats been asked 1 million times

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Are there any people out there who can give me a diffrent view on why i should come and the reasons i would enjoy.
One problem may be that many people, who are happily living wherever they are, never come on to forums.
Most migrants who are still on forums, have a specific reason to be here, and often that will be because they haven't settled yet.

Consider also that there are over 5,700 British born people currently living in Tapping WA, postcode area.

Just a thought re the thread title.... not many people will read this as it has 'apparently' been asked a million times before
I would do another thread (or get a mod to change the title)... "what's it really like in Tapping WA" or "do you like living in Tapping WA"

Good luck

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with ABCD, get the title of your thread changed, I skimmed past it several times before looking at it.
You can only make your own mind up, once you are here, experiencing it for yourself. Even once you are here, if you don't like Tapping, you can move elsewhere, you don't have to go back to the UK.
It is all too easy to have anxieties stirred by the postings of others but try to take it all with a very large pinch of salt.
Good luck!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question thats been asked 1 million times (about Tapping WA)

Done. No idea about Tapping. Who's FM
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Who's FM
Frankensteins Monster?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:58 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Frank Macavennie?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Frank Macavennie?
Didn't know he posted on BE. Learn something new every day
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:04 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know he posted on BE. Learn something new every day
- he's in at everything else, so wouldn't surprise me if he was!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
- he's in at everything else, so wouldn't surprise me if he was!
I'm actually really impressed you came up with his name. I've been wracking my brain for someone with the initials FM and no one comes to mind at all Although wouldn't he be FMcA
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually really impressed you came up with his name. I've been wracking my brain for someone with the initials FM and no one comes to mind at all Although wouldn't he be FMcA
Freddie Mercury?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

FM is FunkeyMonkey.

Tapping is a Northern burb in Perth. I used to live next to it. Yes it is full of newly built houses full of poms. Some love it, some hate it.
Abit far away from reality, depends what you want. parks, bbq's, walks etc...you'll be fine.
Not my cup of Chai.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:14 pm

Yip, McAvennie. All depends really, I'm a 'Mc' and just initial my surname with the 'M'.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
My question is well i know everyone is different but should i now move as he stays in the same area i am planning to move to Tapping in Perth .
On his thread he has raised a lot of issues which i can relate to but all the posts are backing him up.
As you know (because I have written to you before answering questions): We live in Tapping. We've been in Perth nearly two years now and have lived the last 21 months in Tapping.

We still love living in Perth and enjoy living in Tapping/northern suburbs - currently building our own house.

Whether you should come and whether you will enjoiy it - nobody can answer that. As you said yourself: we are all differerent.

Just because we are loving our life in Perth is no guarantee that you will love it. Similarly, just because people like FM or Nu-Shooz didn't enjoy Perth and returned back to the UK does not mean you will feel the same.

It is normal to feel nervous the nearer you get to the big move, because it is a BIG move. But if you don't try it you'll always wonder ....
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I agree with ABCD, get the title of your thread changed, I skimmed past it several times before looking at it.
You can only make your own mind up, once you are here, experiencing it for yourself. Even once you are here, if you don't like Tapping, you can move elsewhere, you don't have to go back to the UK.
It is all too easy to have anxieties stirred by the postings of others but try to take it all with a very large pinch of salt.
Good luck!
If you need help how to start a thread just ask me not many people skim past mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.