British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   QLD will hit 80% 1st dose today, masks will be lifted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/qld-will-hit-80%25-1st-dose-today-masks-will-lifted-941481/)

Brisbannite Nov 8th 2021 9:10 pm

QLD will hit 80% 1st dose today, masks will be lifted

Hopefully we will reach 80% today, I'm expecting AP and the Doc to lift or relax the mask mandate. Many parts of the state are already way above 80% :thumbup:

Beoz Nov 8th 2021 10:58 pm

Re: QLD will hit 80% 1st dose today, masks will be lifted

Originally Posted by Brisbannite (Post 13069531)
Hopefully we will reach 80% today, I'm expecting AP and the Doc to lift or relax the mask mandate. Many parts of the state are already way above 80% :thumbup:

Pretty slow. You still wear masks?

Amazulu Nov 9th 2021 6:02 am

Nope

Make that tomorrow

Brisbannite Nov 9th 2021 7:01 am

Anna P has been concerned about the kids for ages now, and I know quite a few parents of young children stressing out lifting of the mask mandate before their kids are vaccinated. Contrast that with the situation for 5 -11 year olds in the US where they are now eligible for the vaccine at a third of the adult dose.

Reassuringly, it would seem that fears about myocarditis under under 30s are unfounded.

172 children between the ages of five and 11 have died from Covid-19 in the US, and more than 8,300 have been hospitalised. The CDC figures indicate that of the 877 recorded cases of myocarditis in under 30-year-olds after the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, none resulted in death.....https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...en-us-approval
But as usual, we're lagging behind. Children here under 12 still aren't eligible, Pfizer's jab is unlikley to get the go-ahead before the end of 2021 and then we'll have to get in the queue behind the countries that have already made their orders for millions of vaccines.

I wish that we didn't always have to pay catch-up with the US but Scomo has got more important things on his agenda at the moment like pissing off the French and screwing up COP26 :embarrassed_smile: The man is a national embarrassment, can't wait to vote him out

DeadVim Nov 9th 2021 8:46 am

Hold off on the 80% double dose until The Gabba Test will ya?

One last chance to buy overpriced weak piss and sit in a concrete sweat box for a day :p

moneypenny20 Nov 9th 2021 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 13069563)
Pretty slow. You still wear masks?

Yes, just like NSW and Victoria.

Beoz Nov 9th 2021 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Brisbannite (Post 13069631)
Anna P has been concerned about the kids for ages now, and I know quite a few parents of young children stressing out lifting of the mask mandate before their kids are vaccinated. Contrast that with the situation for 5 -11 year olds in the US where they are now eligible for the vaccine at a third of the adult dose.

Reassuringly, it would seem that fears about myocarditis under under 30s are unfounded.

But as usual, we're lagging behind. Children here under 12 still aren't eligible, Pfizer's jab is unlikley to get the go-ahead before the end of 2021 and then we'll have to get in the queue behind the countries that have already made their orders for millions of vaccines.

I wish that we didn't always have to pay catch-up with the US but Scomo has got more important things on his agenda at the moment like pissing off the French and screwing up COP26 :embarrassed_smile: The man is a national embarrassment, can't wait to vote him out

It's down to ATAGI fella. They will approve it when they feel its safe to unleash on the 5-11 year olds.

Having a 7 year old at school in a city where we live with Covid, and having another child in the house who has already had Covid, and the non health issues that went along with that, I am pretty keen on my 7 year old getting vaxxed, but I also am pretty keen on ATAGI making the right decision. Another set of eyes here doesn't hurt in giving an additional nod.

Scomo doesn't pull rank on this stuff over ATAGI, but your already know that.

Why does that not surprise me Queensland parents are stressing about masks. Not very bright up there are we.

Beoz Nov 9th 2021 10:20 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 13069679)

Yeah no one is wearing them much here. Maybe at the shops, half around the chin for show, or not at all. At 90% vaxxed masks are no longer necessary.

Beoz Nov 9th 2021 10:29 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 13069668)

One last chance to buy overpriced weak piss and sit in a concrete sweat box for a day :p

Great to see The Palette make this call today. First bright thing she's ever done. I personally wouldn't want to be sitting amongst the unvaccinated if Covid was kicking around. Happy to live with it knowing my immune system knows how to give it the boot, while those sitting along side me have an immune system working on giving it the boot too, giving it less chance to be passed on to others. I am due my booster during the Brisbane Test.

Brisbannite Nov 9th 2021 10:40 am

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 13069668)

Watch it on TV, its cheaper and your beer is colder :cool:

Brisbannite Nov 9th 2021 10:43 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 13069679)

Glad to hear that, its what's kept us safe. This is one of the main reasons why there's not been mass community transmission in QLD.

Brisbannite Nov 9th 2021 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Brisbannite (Post 13069631)

Covid must be affecting people's memories. This delay in the vaccination of children lies directly at Scomo's door - the buck stops with him.

Back in Sept around the time there was the outbreak in school children and after a 4 year old tested positive in QLD, AP said

A lot more children are presenting with Covid, and a lot more children are ending up in ICU. I do not want to have that happen here.

That is why I’m saying very clearly and there was actually some trials happening out with some of the pharmaceutical companies over their four children, so what I’m saying is, let’s have a conversation about it, and the prime minister himself national cabinet, they agreed to go do some more work."
At the time the Feds slammed her for it and made her the object of derision for potentially derailing the National Plan, they vilified her in the press and tore her to shreds. Thank god she stuck to her guns and now she's been vindicated. Unfortunately, as with most things with Scomo now we're having to play catch-up because he's too arrogant to listen.

Read: Federal fury over Queensland 'scaremongering' on COVID and children.

moneypenny20 Nov 9th 2021 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 13069686)
Yeah no one is wearing them much here. Maybe at the shops, half around the chin for show, or not at all. At 90% vaxxed masks are no longer necessary.

So what's your point? I mean, I guess you have one. Not everyone wears them here either. So what? Three states have a mask mandate, in all three states some people wear them, some don't. Breaking news.

Beoz Nov 9th 2021 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 13069716)
So what's your point? I mean, I guess you have one. Not everyone wears them here either. So what? Three states have a mask mandate, in all three states some people wear them, some don't. Breaking news.

I was wondering why Queensland wears masks. You have no Covid right?

Beoz Nov 9th 2021 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Brisbannite (Post 13069698)
Covid must be affecting people's memories. This delay in the vaccination of children lies directly at Scomo's door - the buck stops with him.

Back in Sept around the time there was the outbreak in school children and after a 4 year old tested positive in QLD, AP said

At the time the Feds slammed her for it and made her the object of derision for potentially derailing the National Plan, they vilified her in the press and tore her to shreds. Thank god she stuck to her guns and now she's been vindicated. Unfortunately, as with most things with Scomo now we're having to play catch-up because he's too arrogant to listen.

Read: Federal fury over Queensland 'scaremongering' on COVID and children.

4 year olds are not in any world wide plan for Covid vaccination that I have seen. 5-11 year olds is the next batch. That's why she got slammed. She is a nutter.