Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of
Default Re: QLD Speed cameras have they sneaked a new one in?

Originally Posted by annqldau
Do get those new bonny cars all red and flashed up so you can spot them and have seen a very occasional unmarked one that has pulled some one over.

Plus the dog van's pull people here that didn't happen in the UK.
Those new cars really stand out! A driver would have to be blind doing the wrong thing when they are around, but apparently they still do
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:40 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auspal
Those new cars really stand out! A driver would have to be blind doing the wrong thing when they are around, but apparently they still do
It's a nice shade of red and I've seen a white one as well.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

They also like to sit as you split off from Anzac to go down towards Scarborough on Klinger Rd at the top of the very first hill where you are still pulling up the hill before the roundabout and beware the Clontarf sea front road is a regular haunt on at least a weekly basis often more. Elizabeth Avenue/Snook St. especially the lower end is another favorite.
There is also one that sits on the Deagon Deviation Redcliffe bound just before the Bridge on the centre reservation around the change from 90 to 60.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ragner
There is also one that sits on the Deagon Deviation Redcliffe bound just before the Bridge on the centre reservation around the change from 90 to 60.
Thought you were still at the hundred acre wood???

Yes I've passed that one before at below the limit...
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:26 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

They were out in force yesterday morning on the Bruce. The old Silver Landcruiser again, just before your turn off Anne! Another KM North and I saw the new shiny Red one, had just pulled some moron in a souped up Hoon-Mobile. You're right, how COULD anyone miss that thing!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

And sometimes there is more than a ticket for them at the end of their stupidity.

I was talking to a mum yesterday whose 25 year old son was in a souped up Nissan skyline, racing along like an idiot, weaving in an out of traffic as they do, left it too late to slow down for the lights, and t-boned a car turning right . This resulted in a fatality. She was worried initially about the cost of replacing the written off vehicles until I reminded her that her son faces a jail term if he is found guilty of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. No winners in that situation
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by auspal
And sometimes there is more than a ticket for them at the end of their stupidity.

I was talking to a mum yesterday whose 25 year old son was in a souped up Nissan skyline, racing along like an idiot, weaving in an out of traffic as they do, left it too late to slow down for the lights, and t-boned a car turning right . This resulted in a fatality. She was worried initially about the cost of replacing the written off vehicles until I reminded her that her son faces a jail term if he is found guilty of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. No winners in that situation
As he's at fault insurance may decline to cover him anyway and if other person was killed that could be a major payout for someone?

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
They were out in force yesterday morning on the Bruce. The old Silver Landcruiser again, just before your turn off Anne! Another KM North and I saw the new shiny Red one, had just pulled some moron in a souped up Hoon-Mobile. You're right, how COULD anyone miss that thing!
Yes it's a nice cherry red.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Thought you were still at the hundred acre wood???

Yes I've passed that one before at below the limit...
we came back last Sat the bears chased us out of the wood...........................them koalas can be nasty mothers
Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by ragner
we came back last Sat the bears chased us out of the wood...........................them koalas can be nasty mothers
Bet they are the cleanest woods that side of Woop Woop now though. Hope you had a good time.